[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /g/ so i was redoing my watercooling tubing the other day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
hey /g/
so i was redoing my watercooling tubing the other day and got quite a bit of water on my gpu,
i left it dry, put it in some paper towels without the waterblock or backplate on
it worked for abou 1 1/2 hours while i was playing fallout but then the computer crashed,
no its not detecting it as anything and theres artifacting across the screen
can i do anything or did i just brick a 980ti?
>>
>>51571223
That's what you get for doing a custom water loop.
>>
>>51571223
If you didn't let it dry for at least 24 hours, then you bricked your shit.
>>
>>51571257
like 36 hours and i padded the droplets off straight away
>>
I bet you used tap water like an idiot too.
>>
>>51571223
You've probably mishandled it in some way and fucked it up.
>then the computer crashed,
no its not detecting it as anything and theres artifacting across the screen
>did i just brick a 980ti?
I think you know the answer to that. Put the cooler back on it, and try get it RMA'd
>>
>>51571401
nobody is stupid enough to use fucking tap water

This is why I always have a 10KG bag of rice in my room.
>>
>>51571401
distilled and have concentrate additive,
>>
>>51571467
this.
Oriental guys comes over night, eat the rice and fix your electronic devices in return.
>>
should have put it in rice for a whole week
its ok now you know
>>
>>51571248

Been running a custom water loop for years without a problem. OP's just an idiot.
>>
>>51571336
Most likely not enough time.
I've seen electronics get fried after being exposed to water and left to dry for 4 days.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.