[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
U FLUMMOXED?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: iPad-2-Keynote-by-Steve-Jobs.png (518 KB, 1440x843) Image search: [Google]
iPad-2-Keynote-by-Steve-Jobs.png
518 KB, 1440x843
U FLUMMOXED?
>>
no, but i'm not a competitor
>>
Eh, I'd rather use my Surface.
>>
I'm flummoxed. How did they ever get away with that size bezel?

How do they still do it?
>>
W e w
e
w
>>
File: 1447636853857.jpg (202 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
1447636853857.jpg
202 KB, 1200x627
I am.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/former-apple-worker-37-jailed-for-causing-15000-worth-of-damage-to-luxury-flat-by-storing-excrement-and-urine-there-for-three-months-34237410.html

>A former Apple worker was jailed for 12 months for causing €15,000 worth of damage to a luxury Cork flat by storing his excrement and urine in bottles, bags and boxes around the property over a three month period.
>>
>>51570903
people found that holding a tablet in one hand required the use of a thumb, and having the thumb on a part of the screen would lead to mis-clicks or whatever (mis-taps?). so bezels turned out to be fine.

the newer iPads don't have bezels as large though, so the "how do they still do it" question doesn't make sense.
>>
>>51570903
I do think it's strange. Clearly they've done extensive market research prior to settling on such huge bezels for the first iPads and the iPhone 6.

If some competitor made a phone with a really small bezel (like, less than LG G3) and advertised that feature relentlessly, I think they'll be able to make a lot of money.
>>
did he just use meme arrows on that presentation
>>
>>51570927
>>the newer iPads don't have bezels as large though
They do though!

The thing is that the top and bottom are fine, because when you hold the tablet in landscape you're likely to hold it with that much of your palm against it, and with both hands, but when you're holding it portrait it is likely to be one hand and then you don't need such a massive bezel on the side unless you have huge fatty thumbs.
>>
>>51570969
>They do though!
Are you talking about the straight up iPad, rather than the iPad Air? I wrote a whole explanation of all the different generations and whatnot and then figured you must know all this, but suffice it to say that the flagship iPad is the iPad Air right now. Maybe that'll change in time, but the iPad is not the main/flagship product.

This shouldn't be that hard to grapple with; Apple used to have the MacBook and for a long time that was the main desktop machine Apple sold. Then it was the MBP, and now (arguably) it's the rMBP.

In any case, suffice it to say that the iPad Air has much thinner bezels.
>>
>>51570940
>filtered
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.