[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who is using XP up to this day? I do have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Am I the only one who is using XP up to this day?

I do have some trouble with certain programs, but everything still works fine.

pic not related
>>
>>51568947
I still use it on my laptop. I have been looking for a replacement but I don't have the skills to pare down a Linux distro to the speed of a properly tweaked XP.
>>
>>51569432
It's a similar thing with me. I'm experienced enough with Linux to use it on my laptop but with my PC I need something that's fast, organised and doesn't try to impose a different UI on me (Win8/8.1/10)

Honestly I would use WinXP everywhere if the latest versions of the development software I use supported it
>>
the only reason i'm not is because solidworks 2014 doesn't support xp, and it's the only thing i use windows for anymore
>>
>>51568947
It's not even getting security patches anymore, mind as well upgrade to 7 or switch to Linux.
>>
No, I switched to Mint and never looked back.
>>
>>51569559
so? i never once used windows update in xp when i still used it (i used it between 2004 and 2010), i only upgraded for the service packs (switched to xp when sp2 came out, then later got a copy with sp3 integrated)
>>
use POSReady 2009
>>
>>51569582
that was quite foolish of you
>>
>>51569582
>so?
Security patches are pretty important m8.
>>
why would you want to gimp yourself in RAM?
is it seriously by choice or are you too poor to upgrade?
>>
>>51569582
does /g/ really have retards who don't update roaming the boards?

shouldn't we ban these faggots?
>>
>>51569659
i keep my system up to date now (i switched to linux from 2010)

all i'm saying is that xp isn't going to suddenly explode just because it's not getting updates anymore
>>
>>51569659
this

>refuses to upgrade for undisclosed reasons
>doesn't even keep his PC secure with updates
>shitty lolsorandum Harry potter comic strip

OP is probably a high functioning autist.
>>
>>51569670
oh you switched to Linux!

which "Linux" did you switch to?
>>
>>51569670
>all i'm saying is that xp isn't going to suddenly explode
Nigga, it's pretty vulnerable right now.
>>
>>51569681
I'm autistic as fuck and really strict with updates.
>>
>>51568947
That is the sort of sleaze that definitely should be written about in harry potter!
>>
>>51568947

What is CVE-2008-4250, the thread.
>>
I still run XP on my current PC. It's a terrible broken mess and I cannot wait to install 7 when I assemble my new PC. Fuck gentoo
>>
>>51569694
initially debian, naturally, been using arch since 2012
>>
Switched to Linux on XP-capable Machines.

At that point the compatibility issues for programs end up being about the same.
Pretty much everything from the XP era runs well on Wine.
>>
>>51568947
yes anon
you are the only person left on the planet who still uses XP to this day
nobody else is left
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.