[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to webm on safari on mac?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: Chicken Hug.webm (618 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Chicken Hug.webm
618 KB, 320x320
How to webm on safari on mac?
>>
>>51564302
Click it
>>
Following this link https://www.google.com.au/chrome/browser/desktop/
>>
>>51564302
Install the VLC for OS X web plugin

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

Then either 3 finger tap the webm or click on it
>>
Perian probably
>>
>>51564329
:(
no good. it sucks because safari runs better on the mac than any other browser, hardware rendering and all that. but i can't play webm in this window. i have to open it in a new tab.
>>
>>51564577
plugin is allowed for this domain too. weird because it works when i visit the cdn. domain but not on the boards.4chan.org domain
>>
>>51564604
reboot ur machine
>>
>>51564302
Just use chrome for webs. Sucks cause Safari is better for everything else, but meh.
>>
>>51564635
dindu nuffin

>>51564652
yeah
>>
>>51564302
>safari
don't
>>
>>51564694
you realise it's the best performing browser on the mac platform in terms of speed, rendering, and battery efficiency, right?

the only thing is it cant into webm's natively right now
>>
>>51564652
Meh, safari's good if you get ublock and 4chan x and enabling developer mode.

>>51564674
That's weird, are you on latest everything?
>>
>>51564577
Enable "Data Detector" under Trackpad settings.

Then tap three fingers on the webm to have it play within the same window.

Personally I use Chrome, dev tools are better, it's portable, and it's compatible with everything. Just stay near a power outlet and ignore Google's questionable design decisions.
>>
>>51564725
yeah. safari 9, el cap, just installed the vlc web plugins
>>
>>51564735
oh thank you! that's better, but i'd prefer it to work like it does in chrome if thats possible?

is there a way to get it to continually loop instead of playing once? would that be in the vlc decoder preferences?
>>
>>51564773
Nope, best you can do I'm afraid.

It's really annoying and you need to refresh the webm page to loop it. There might be some other way, but I didn't look too hard into it. This plus mega support and the whole Apple developer extension program fiasco caused me to switch to Chrome
>>
>>51564735
i agree on the dev tools, and design choices. plus i have a small library of extensions that if i can't find alternatives for on safari, i won't be able to fully switch, which is a tad disappointing.
>>
>open safari on mac
>battery life 6:44h remaining at 85% change
>open chrome
>6:34h remaining
>immediately lose 10 minutes of battery life
>>
>>51564795
When I first got my mac, I tried to do things the "Apple Way". Safari, Quicktime etc. But then I realized that the best way is almost always the easiest one.

Now I've got a decent although bit disjointed/unharmonious setup. Nothing will ever be perfect and consistent but I'm okay with that.
>>
>>51564872

yeah i've had mine for a few years, and always had a hybrid approach, coming from windows/linux. really like the refined unix experience on a mac, to me it's just a brilliant showcase of what unix can do when you put the effort of a multi billion dollar corporation behind it.
but with large organisations the bad comes with the good. i just found out i dont have hovering quotes in safari.

man, what a disappointment. safari really is snappier in terms of scrolling, loading, etc. i just hope they support webm and webp in the near future.
>>
>>51564822
The botnet needs a lot of power to report all your personal data back to Google's server farms.
>>
>>51564302
install firefox like a non retarded person
>similar battery life to safari
>great addon support
>just as fast
>>
>>51566767
>>similar battery life to safari
>>great addon support
>>just as fast
lol, none of those is true. nice try SJWFox shill
>>
>>51566814
ok, middle is true* but still, its a shit browser on OS X, and probably on other platforms too.
>>
>>51566767
on a 2012 macbook pro
with safari I get about 10-15 minutes better battery life
and web pages take the same amount of time, and websites actually load proper (unlike on shitfari)
>>
>>51566864
shit that didn't include the percent
but i was at 70%
>>
>>51564577
You need to open on a new tab, genius. Right click the filename and choose 'open link in new tab'
>>
>>51564302

Apple hates free and open standards like FLAC, WebM, VP8, Opus.
>>
>>51566827
only turned to shit after a literal cum guzzling faggot took over.
so sad to see sjw sacks of shit replace someone because they're religious
>>
>>51564999
You do realize you can install 4chan X and Oneechan on Safari, right? Just need to install TrafficLight extension first.
>>
>>51564773
stop being so autistic. no one uses webm garbage but this shithole anyways
>>
File: k54Kk04.jpg (328 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
k54Kk04.jpg
328 KB, 1280x1280
>>51564302
>How to webm on safari on mac?

DON'T BE FUCKING STUPID YOU POORFAG, EVERYONE KNOWS EVERYTHING "JUST WERKS" WITH A MAC.

IF IT DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU, IT MUST MEAN YOU'RE TOO POOR. BETTER GO GIVE YOUR MAC TO A RICHFAG WHO CAN ACTUALLY USE IT.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.