[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/ I just ordered 2 980ti's, I have a r7 250x, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: XPbnDdl128hK.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (48 KB, 878x439) Image search: [Google]
XPbnDdl128hK.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
48 KB, 878x439
Hello /g/

I just ordered 2 980ti's, I have a r7 250x, and an old 8800gts as well.

I read that direct x 12 lets you crossfire different brands of gpus, how would I go about setting up my 2 older gpus in crossfire with the 980ti's?
>>
You don't want to do that. It's just going to fuck your shit up.
>>
>buying before knowing dual gpu scaling
Literally retarded.

Fury scales better than 980 ti and its 100-200 cheaper during DUAL/TRI/QUAD scaling.
>>
>>51556125
nFags don't research, they just buy.
>>
>>51555977
Quite simply, you don't. If you have a DX12 game that supports multi-gpu the divers should handle it automatically, but since there are no DX12 games out nor any final drivers, talking about this is pointless at the moment.
>>
>>51556125
thats great but the fury doesn't have hdmi 2.0, and my 4k tv doesn't support displayport, and no I am not going to buy an adapter to use.
>>
>>51556147
I wish fury had 2.0 hdmi, I don't buy based on brand. I buy based on function. And the functionality of a 650 dollar fury without hdmi 2.0 when my 4k lg smart tv only supports hdmi is nill.

nvidia at least did jew me on the display options
>>
>>51555977
Neither of those old cards will support DX12 multi-GPU.

They're also so ancient that, even if this were possible, they'd make a negligible improvement in tandem with two motherfucking 980ti's.

At most you might be able to use the 8800gts as a dedicated PhysX card, but you'd probably be creating a bottleneck in all honesty.
>>
Sli with two 980ti's is already overkill
>>
>>51556304
I don't believe in the word overkill
>>
>>51555977
for people like you, /g/ is not your TECHSUPPORT YOU FUCKING CASUAL gfto to reddit
>>
>>51556261
>playing on a TV
>>
>>51556920
actually playing on 3 65 inch lg 4k tv's

enjoy ur 27 inch monitor or whatever
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.