[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YouTube app alternatives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Hey /g/uys, can you recommend any paid/free YouTube players on Android? Something that can play in the background, download (if possible) and all the other stuff that YouTube offers
>>
Do you have root?

If so, install xposed and use the youtube modules that you like
>>
OG Youtube?
>>
>>51555148
Like what?
>>
newpipe
>>
memepipe
>>
>>51555148
HTC One M8 on Verizon so can't root that. Any alternatives? I'm using PVStar currently and it's pretty bad.
>>
>>>>51555148
OP here. Not rooted, using HTC One M8 but not in USA.. Lol
>>
>>51555421
Newpipe, you can find it on fdroid
>>
>>51555178
Ok, will try it out! Thanks!
>>
>>51555474
Thanks for the tip! >>51555474
>>>51555421 (You)
>Newpipe, you can find it on fdroid
>>51555474
Ok, looks great! Can't download to SD card though for some reason, only to internal memory.

Pic shows which dir works and which one didn't
>>
>>51555116
If you have root try xposed modules. If not there is always OGyoutube. It should have everything you need.
>>
Youtube-dl used to be my downloader of choice, but of late it has become broken: new video, say the past year or so, cannot be downloaded.
>>
Pick one:
Viral pro from aptoide
OGYouTube
Firetube from amazon appstore
YouTube with xposed YouTube Adaway and YouTube Background playback
Newpipe
>>
>>51555854
I'm on kk and i haven't that problem
even clover on lollipop has the same issue due to restriction of writing on sdcard

download videos on 0 and than move them to sdcard

Newpipe + vlc is great
>>
File: snaptube.png (5 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
snaptube.png
5 KB, 192x192
snaptube.in
>>
>>51555116
I've been using OGYoutube. It's not too bad, allows downloading and background playing
>>
>>51555116
Watch it in your browser and download it using clipconverter.cc
>>
>>51555178
/thread
>>
>>51555116
>Something that can play in the background, download (if possible) and all the other stuff that YouTube offers

YouTube app with YouTube Red does this.

https://www.youtube.com/red
>>
>>51555174
Just search inside the download section with keyword "YouTube", I am using adway plugin to hide all ads,and some background one to allow background playback.
>>
>>51556784
>.in
no, thanks.
>>
OGYoutube or Youtube+ Youtube background playback xposed
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.