[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/HEX/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: img.png (255 KB, 1920x1057) Image search: [Google]
img.png
255 KB, 1920x1057
Hex, binary and related stuff.

How do you properly script in XVI32 simple actions like:

FIND 4F 67 67 53 00 02
ADR- 1
DEL <all bytes to start of file> ;how do you tell the script to do this?
FINDNEXT 4F 67 67 53 00 02 ;I need a command like this
DEL <all bytes to end of file> ;same as before

I read the guide throughly but I couldn't find a way to run these actions with the few commands the program makes available to use in the script editor.

Do you know a hex editor with a more extended script-editing feature?
>>
Is this some assembly?

To "delete" just mov 0 data into the address, there isn't really "deleting" data at this low level though. To compare strings, you need a buttload of jumps and compare each character, if any character doesn't fit the condition you go on to the next set of characters.

Assembly is boiler plate: the language.
>>
>>51554402
ah no even though it looks like assembly, it's just the editor internal script feature. I'll copy-pase the list of commands from the guide:
http://pastebin.com/ssKfTBPa

too bad it's so limited, if I could throw in the script some assembly, that would be nice but looks like it's not supported.
>>
I'm trying to extract .ogg audio files from an archive by the way, since it's a proprietary archive format I cannot open it with 7zip nor Winrar, IsoBuster cannot differentiate between the audio files either, so I've been extracting the tracks manually, which works pretty well:
http://temp-host.com/download.php?file=qv14nn

but since there're dozens of tracks, I'm trying to automate the process, it's not complicated because what I do manually it is literally what I posted in the OP between the code tags, if only I could run a script like that...
>>
>>51554618
just hire a currynigger to do the job for you
>>
File: img.png (140 KB, 1920x1057) Image search: [Google]
img.png
140 KB, 1920x1057
>>51555176
kek.. sadly I cannot afford that.

Anyways, here is the archive header (in pic too):
http://pastebin.com/tYMN7p2w
(above is hex, below is string)

Does it look like anything you saw before? the file extension is .arc but I already tried FreeArc and it didn't work, I compared the header to FreeArc generated archives too and it's completely different so I ruled this option out.

The end of the file has no signature too.
>>
At my job we use this one called 010 editor that's pretty good for dumps. You can make C style struct templates to run on different files. I think you have to pay for it though
>>
Fuck the OP, let's make a real /hex/.

What's the best hex editor and why?
>>
>>51558826
wxHexEditor

xviEditor is also a good addition, because of the scripting and wildcard character search
>>
>>51559227
wxHexEditor never installs for me
>>
>>51559334
Have no problem with it on Windows.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.