[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Samsung pushed an update that stopped the soft touch buttons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (40 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
40 KB, 800x450
Samsung pushed an update that stopped the soft touch buttons on my s4 from working. After trying everything I could to fix it (rebooting, clearing cache, factory reset) I sant samsung an email who told me to do a factory reset, and then told me to take it into their service center.

The nearest service center is so fucking far away, I want to be sure that they can sort it out before I waste my time.

What can I expect?

Will they fix my shit?
Will they charge me money?
Will they replace my phone if they can't sort it out?
Will they turn me away?

Also concerned that they might try to get out of it because I have replaced my screen.
>>
Replacing the screen means you had to "transfer" the glued on buttons to the new one, right? maybe they lost connection to the glass, or cable to motherboard, it's a shitty situation and could get complicated. Did you try other ROMs yet?
>>
>>51553310
The screen, digitizer, buttons, and glass all came pre assembled, just swapped the board over. Never even touched the buttons. Google says this has happened to other people after updating.

Also, completely stock rom.
>>
>>51553338
well that sucks

look for earlier version stock ROMs (on xda developers or something) and flash that onto your device, factory reset will keep the current ROM version and just wipe data
>>
Is it worth it upgrading to lollipop ?
I also have an S4 and ive heard that it can mess your phone up
>>
>>51553094
You've opened up your phone, they won't replace jack shit.
>>
I might be in luck.
there's a thread on xda saying that samsung know they fucked up and are working on an update to fix it
>>
>>51553812
Not quite true. I sent in my g3 to fix the mic crack issue; it had custom rom,recovery, etc and had been opened multiple times and was missing the water detector sticker. A week later i got a email saying warranty was not valid due to root, so i opted to have it sent back to me as is rather then pay the 300+ repair bill. They sent it to the wrong address, but after an extra week managed to get it sent to me, i received it and to my surprise it was completely refurbished! Only old part was the main board. I booted it up and the digitizer did not work! I was ready to reflash it to stock to try and fix it, but i decided to take it apart and check their work. When i opened it i saw that they had bent a piece of metallic tape and it was shorting out the caps on the digitizer cable. They also left the front camera unplugged! I fixed the tape and tried turning it on and everything worked perfect! So it turns out they did all the warranty work to replace the housing without caring about opening/software mods, but then couldn't figure out why the digitizer didnt work and decided to blame it on the "root" and try to make me pay for it. Moral of the story: if you can fix it yourself dont send it in.
>>
>>51553375
My s4 would randomly cause the phone app to stop working after switching Bluetooth devices. There would be no sound or mic functionality. I'd have to reset and tell people my phone crashed.
>>
Defend this sameshit defence force
>What can I expect
Nothing, its a "feature"

>Will they fix my shit?
Nothing needs fixing

>Will they charge me money?
See above

>Will they replace my phone if they can't sort it out?

Ditto
>Will they turn me away?
Why?

>Also concerned that they might try to get out of it because I have replaced my screen.
Lol you're absolutely fucked now

Try flashing a custom rom on it and see what happens

Looks like you have to now live the superior on screen navkey race now, waaaah
>>
>>51553094
>they might try to get out of it
That's what they always try to do nowadays. This is part of a huge multinational corporation's business model. They have hundreds of millions of customers and don't need to give a fuck about any of them.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.