[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can Firefox do that Pale Moon can't? I'm thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1448599319465.jpg (39 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
1448599319465.jpg
39 KB, 620x349
What can Firefox do that Pale Moon can't? I'm thinking of switching.
>>
>>51551013
be a good browser
>>
>>51551013
you are not thinking switching to ff, that's enough to try it, it also sucks but there's no other choice, check the addons you need first,
>Play with MPV doesn't work, etc
>takes forever to compile use th .bin from AUR
>>
>>51551070
>Play with MPV
mozplugger
>>
>>51551013
Be bloated
>>
>>51551013
javascript support
>>
Why do people think of "switching" when you can have all the browsers you wish on one system and compare them or use as appropriate?
Install a few, see which suit your use case, remove any you've no use for.
>>
>>51554033
Usually because browsers aren't download and go anymore, they have peripherals even if you're a babby user
Checking for compatible equivalent addons and userscripts usually takes most of the time and is analagous to thesituation you gave of installing a bunch and seeing what works, but within a single browser
>>
>>51551013
Use GreaseMonkey and modern addons.
>>
>>51554060
Windows users are incapable of grasping that.
>>
>>51551013
>better compatibility with extensions
>more new features (for better or for worse)
>better HTML5 support – works with 4K/60FPS YouTube and Netflix without Silverlight etc.
>not be at the mercy of a single autistic furfag dictator that decides what goes and stays in his special snowflake fork

Pale Meme is only good if every single autistic trait of yours happens to align perfectly with his.
And even if it does right now, there's no guarantee it will with the next update.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.