[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Friday yielded absolute shit for me, but there are a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (239 KB, 1920x872) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
239 KB, 1920x872
Black Friday yielded absolute shit for me, but there are a few 'discounted things.

So here's the build. Thoughts?

Is it worth it to maybe spend an extra 300 to get upgrade to the 5930? Since it also allows for ddr4 ram and better control with a mb?
>>
>>51550300
Buy an SSD
>>
>>51550315
already have one I'm wiling to reuse.
>>
>>51550300
The Fury X was a stupid purchase.

The Tri-X normal Fury is cheaper, has essentially the same performance and is much quieter, especially in regards to coil whine.

Also,
>109 fucking dollars on a hard drive
Jesus christ cunt, you could've had a 500gb SSD for that much money
>>
I think Crosair has cheap refurb PSU on their site even memory. Might be able to save some $$
>>
>>51550342
Also the 860 was completely pointless, the 760 would power 2x Fury.
>$299 4790K
Wasn't there a deal today where they're like $250 or something?
>>
This one works better, too

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JrP2P6
>>
>>51550300
>$1600
Alright, so you had a bit of trouble making something decent.
>4790k
>DDR3
>ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME.
>SKYLAKE AND CHEAP AS FUCK DDR4 NOW

>FURY X
>ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME NWUGHFWHGUEWG
980 TI or bust, faggot.

>ALL THIS EXPENSIVE PLASTIC SHIT
ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME, ANON? Zero attention to aesthetic and now concern for quality.
>>
>>51550480
See, i didn't want to mention the case because it thought there might be a good reason, but for cunting sake an R5 is like 1/2 the price and $75 for an ugly shit cooler when an NH-D14 is the same?
$71 for ram with the same specs and warranty as $40 ram

It's just fucking bad
>>
File: all_smiles.jpg (8 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
all_smiles.jpg
8 KB, 188x268
>>51550300
>he spent $165 on a fucking case

You're an idiot, OP.
>>
>>51550300
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mMb2Jx
Money to be saved everywhere if you cut corners or changed out for loss of aesthetic value.

Make your own cables for the PSU if you want by heading over to Cable Mod. It'll cost you 40-50 for a nice pair of custom cables.
>>
You do realize that the deals start later today and into the night online, right?
>>
>>51550785
not this year. it started at 5-6pm EST at most places, some even midnight last night.
>>
>>51550930
Yeah it started early to compete with retail stores but it doesnt kick in until later. They have this whole weekend AND cyber monday... but if you need your riced case by saturday then by all means
>>
>>51551025
>if you need your case riced by saturday

um duh my gf is coming over
>>
Now I feel better about my build.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/r83NmG
>>
>>51550315
Would I need an SSD if windows 10 boots fast enough already?
>>
Skylake is sold out everywhere that isn't trying to price gauge.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.