[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ think of Apple EarPods? Tek syndikek hates ALL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10
File: 4L_2JxtJz6c.jpg (38 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
4L_2JxtJz6c.jpg
38 KB, 770x433
What does /g/ think of Apple EarPods?
Tek syndikek hates ALL apple products, but still recommends them. I personally think they sound decent, considering the fact that they're $30
>>
>>51548987
they're shit
>>
>>51548987
I think they're fine
>>
They are good for the price point.
>>
>>51548987
Shit, top shit.
Literally, shitty brainwavz or xiami pistons do much better, especially in comfort.
>>
I like them, and I don't even like Apple products. The old ones were horrible, but the new ones are very comfortable.
>>
1 word:

earwax
>>
>>51548987
As shit as this thread :^)
>>
>Hard plastic
>One size fits all

Who cares about sound quality when you can't even wear them for longer than 10min without discomfort.

Shit design/10
>>
>>51548987
1$ chink pods are more comfortable than this shit. I don't understand how is it even legal to ship these with a 1000$ phone.
>>
>>51549050
Agreed
>>
>>51548987

They fit in my ears perfectly. I'm lucky I guess. Love them.
>>
>>51549268
this. but just clean your ears and you're good.
>>
>>51548987
Not bad, definitely not worth $30
>>
They're probably the only earbuds worth using at all and are certainly the best earphones for the price. I remember /g/ shilling JVC Marshmallows a while back. These are $10 more and sound a million times better.
Honestly though if you're going to spend money you might as well get something better. These are good if you get them for free from someone who has multiple pairs.
>>
>>51548987
They're okay for AM broadcasts and voice
For anything else literally everything is better
>>
>>51548987
I've had better-sounding earbuds that cost $5
>guess they cost more if they're not from a dollar store
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MJI22Y
>>
>>51549453
this
honestly, the last time I had a pair of Apple earbuds that didn't hurt to leave in too long, the iPod Video was new

and then they dropped that design and all was ruined
>>
Normally I say to each his own, including iPhones/Crapbooks but..

$30 for these? I didn't even know they sold them separately. If I could find them at the dollar store sure they're great. If I was about to take a road trip and was faced with buying these or sit in complete silence I'd pay $10 tops.

They hurt my ears after more than 20m and sound like Hellen Keller orgasms. Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanffffdddddduuuuu... etc.

For $30 literally any headphones on Amazon will top these in quality.
>>
>>51548987
I have a pair still in that plastic case they come in from my last phone. Maybe I could keep them around for when I go places where I wouldn't want to bring around my usual headphones.

Usually give them away to friends who need replacement earbuds for their phones, though.
>>
>>51548987

Even $5 in-ear JVC's are better than the ShitPods™
>>
>>51548987

I despise all apple products but I live by those headphones.
>>
>>51550274
>>51550220
I'll never understand how someone can hate Apple so much that they rationalize the idea that EVERYTHING Apple makes is complete shit, even when it's actually decent.
Pic very related.
>>
I love mine. They're comfortable in my ears.
>>
>>51548987
I prefer my Sennheiser inears, hard plastic is uncomfortable
>>
I'm happy with mine because I got them for free and they're decent. I wouldn't spend money for them though.
>>
They sound good but don't isolate at all which is both good and bad.
Just depends on what you need.
>>
Honestly like them. They're actually decent provided you don't need isolation, which is the main reason I'll still use my UltimateEars or AudioFly buds over them.
>>
The only "good" thing Apple makes, but too expensive still.
>>
I hate apple, however they fit perfectly in my ear and it feels like they aren't even there. If anyone can find me an alternative with the same shape and quality that'd be great. By my $40 spend on HTC ear buds that you squish the thing into your ear makes my ear sore in a good 30 min.
>>
>>51548987
It's good and very comfortable. I personally recommend it.
>>
>>51548987
They actually sound pretty decent since the redesign and are comfortable for the vast majority of users. The integrated controls are pretty nice. They are not very durable though, the stress reducer on the 3.5mm plug will tear away pretty quickly.
>>
>>51548987
They sound and feel like dicks. Get Monoprice buds
>>
If they fit in your ears, they're among the best in their price range.
I bought them at less than 20€.
>>
>>51550469
>Tripfags and ponyfags

Those retarded anti-progress fags are always berated. It's just that for EVERY product apple makes there's (arguably) something better available at a cheaper price.
>>
They feel pretty comfortable to me and I enjoy using them since in-ear earbuds trigger the fuck out of me for some reason. Will use if I don't feel like taking my headphones with me.
>>
>>51548987
> $30
Not worth 30 they're decent but not worth that. You can get much better headphones with $30
>>
Do these make a difference or not?
>>
Prefer sennheiser hd 25
>>
>>51551165
This.

I fucking hate dome shaped iem tips and love the earpod design even though the sound quality isn't the best.

Bose earphones fit good too, but they're an even worse company than Apple.
>>
I think you can get LSTN Bowery earbuds for the same price.
>>
>>51550469
>earpods
>decent
The right channel completely stopped working on them

I had a back up pair of old ipod earbuds, of course those are shitty and the rubber on the outside of the buds both came off after a few weeks of use

Apple earbuds/earpods are garbage
>>
>>51548987
they sound nice if I push them in and hold them, but they don't fit my ears well and tend to slide out, especially during exercise. I also have to hold the mic up to my mouth at times while talking.

I'd recommend earbuds with removable rubber inserts (assuming custom fit IEMs are out of your budget) to ensure a snug fit unless you're certain these will stay in tight.

They're not bad, but if they don't fit perfectly you can find better elsewhere.
>>
>>51548987
They're good.
They sound great and if you find the authentic ones on eBay you can get them for $5-$8. I had this seller 2 years ago that had them in stock. I must have bought at least 5.
>>
Good reference for mixing 'cause it's what a lot of people listen to music with. If you're actually paying money to enjoy music though, there's better out there. I got these for $12AU for when I'm on the train and they're perfect:

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/pioneer-fully-enclosed-inner-ear-headphone-white-se-cl522-w-pioneer
>>
>>51548987
Hyped shit. You can get better stuff for the money.
Like pistons or soundmagic
>>
>>51548987
>$30
better get a pair of Xiaomi Hybrids m8
>>
File: ss (2015-11-27 at 03.11.20).png (56 KB, 801x467) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-27 at 03.11.20).png
56 KB, 801x467
>>51548987
For earbuds they are excellent. But all earbuds suck so they are kinda ass. Get IEMs.
>>
>>51552528
you must have no feeling in your ears
>>
>>51554634
What are MOST DURABLE iem or earbuds that don't sucks ass?
I liked xiaomi pistons but they broke 1-2 moths, like most of ear buds i use.
>>
>>51554690
ATH-IM50 is quite nice and it's decent sound-wise too. All cheap and some expensive IEMs tend to be shit in terms of build quality though.
>>
Stop being a fag and buy higher quality ones at half the price.

/Thread
>>
>>51554690
Xiaomi Hybrids supposedly are fixed and shouldn't have 1 side's volume going very low after a while
>>
>>51548987
I own them and have them in my ears right now. They're great for phone calls, they're okay for casual music listening in a reasonably quiet environment.

When I want to seriously listen to music I will either use my portable sennheiser or when at home I'll use my sennheiser HD 205

I gone my pair free with my iPhone 6.
>>
>>51554690
my etty's (hf5) are impossible to break. too bad the lack of bass means theyre impossible to listen to as well.
>>
>>51554690
I've been using a pair of Sennheiser things for over a year - they are amazing. I can't remember what they are called but they have red wires.
>>
>>51554803
>etys lacking bass meme

okok
>>
>>51549050
Theyre the shit*

sorry guys i was gargling on a cock and forgot a word.
>>
i know a few people who couldnt stand earbuds nor iem's due to discomfort, but found solace in these things.

i, however, am not one of those people. i cant even get them to stay in my ears at all. they surprisingly dont sound as shit as i remember the old ipod headphones sounding. not that thats saying much.
>>
>>51552492
Not much if the foam is cheap.
>>
>>51554818
nigger i really do own a pair. yes, the bass is very detailed, and yes the overall sound profile is really balanced, but if you listen to anything other than classical music or country on them, they are dreadful to listen to.

literally anything post 70s is meant to have some kind of exaggerated bass. people fucking make their music with it in mind.

ill admit credence clearwater revival sounds damn good on these though.
>>
Is there an IEM guide/infographic? I need a new pair, budget probably $60
>>
>>51548987
I like them, the sound really gets into your ear like earbuds but aren't designed terribly like earbuds
>>
File: KZ-ED9.jpg (141 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
KZ-ED9.jpg
141 KB, 1000x1000
>>51554906
Get the:

Xiaomi Pistons 3 (or YE)
Xiaomi Pistons 2
KZ - HDS1 / ED9

If you get *all* of them , you should be at ~$50. China is nice to have, eh.
>>
File: xiaomi_pistons3.jpg (57 KB, 800x475) Image search: [Google]
xiaomi_pistons3.jpg
57 KB, 800x475
>>51554977
PS: Yes, they are fine and shipping is included.

Yes, you best order them from one of many Chinese resellers on Aliexpress and/or export-oriented Chinese stores with their own website.

More suggestions? The new dual speaker metal Xiaomis ($20, they're new and cost more than the old ones which are now more like $10-15 tops), KZ-ED3/DT3/ATE. Maybe some ED2 just for fun.

Also, yea, these are a selection of what I actually ordered. Minus the new dual speaker Xiaomis, which I only heard about but don't have yet.
>>
>>51548987
Did apple or Samsung make these first? I literally got the EXACT same earphones (except with a bit of squishy covering) with my Note 5.

Also, they're not bad, but not good. Then again, I'm used to my Klipsh in-ears
>>
>>51555053
Are white earbuds as a status symbol still a thing out in the real world?
>>
>>51550508
>thread about $30 shitphones
>I prefer my sennheiser iem's

just kek
>>
>>51554977
you guys don't seem to understand the concept of earpods
they're not in-ear, thus will not make your ears bleed while you move and accidentally get them stuck on door handle
they also let noise trough so you won't appear as much autist while people speak to you
>>
File: 11046-img0253s.jpg (24 KB, 500x179) Image search: [Google]
11046-img0253s.jpg
24 KB, 500x179
>>51555066
What? My Klipsch's are black
>>
File: kz-hds1.jpg (92 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
kz-hds1.jpg
92 KB, 1000x1000
>>51555095
> they're not in-ear, thus will not make your ears bleed while you move and accidentally get them stuck on door handle
I've done that plenty of times with my IEM. No problem? They just come loose.

Maybe you're using poorly dimensioned silicone plugs... the ones I mentioned mostly come with a set of 3-4 sizes of decent plugs, but arguably that's still not right for absolutely everyone.

> they also let noise trough so you won't appear as much autist while people speak to you
Some like the ED9 almost don't block sound, some like the HDS1 dampen it more, some like the ED3 basically block it.

It's not the same on all IEM either, if you prefer more open ones you can have that.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no reason to use earpods. When you run with those, they scrape your ears, they aren't doing too good in terms of sound quality, and if you *do* want most sound blocked from the outside they can't do it.
>>
>>51554977
So which of these is your favorite, or what are the major differences in terms of comfort and sq?
>>
>>51548987
They're a perfect fit for my ears and they sound decent. I've heard others say though that they're either too big and cause ear pain or too small and they fall out. Kind of a design flaw there, but not for me.
>>
File: xiaomiep2gold_1_.jpg (66 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
xiaomiep2gold_1_.jpg
66 KB, 1200x1200
>>51555349
> or what are the major differences in terms of comfort and sq?
I'm not good with audiophile-speak. Head-Fi has probably a thousand posts describing each of the Xiaomis and dozens for the KZ IEM. They all sound different, though.

And I only mentioned pretty comfy models, though I suspect some people with physically very sensitive ears might prefer the HDS1 and Pistons 3 amongst those first mentioned.

> So which of these is your favorite
I'm think I am using the KZ more than the Xiaomis recently.

But I don't properly keep track of it - I just have a bunch of clam shell / zipper - type IEM organizers, and just rotate the one in my jacket (2 IEM each) whenever I feel like it.

The IEM I don't like are in plastic storage boxes, mentioned none of those.
>>
>>51548987
They sound alright, nice punchy bass, but they sound really muddy.

I like the E10s get the right ear tips, and they sound and fit nicely.
>>
>>51548987

>apple
>shit

pick two
>>
>>51548987
Sound quality is decent but they keep falling out of my ears when I'm using them so that makes them automatically 6/10 due to shitty ergonomics.
>>
comfy/10
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.