[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your preference? Intel or AMD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
What's your preference? Intel or AMD?
>>
>>51547230
ARM
>>
>>51547230

Doesn't really matter to me. I buy what has the best cost-performance ratio. At the moment I lean towards Intel.
>>
AMD for low-end, Intel for high-mid range, >>51547278 for facebook or being a dick sucking faggot
>>
Intel over amd for cpu, and amd over nvida for GPU. I'd like to support and fo CPU but they don't really have any decent high end ones.
>>
Amd senpai all the way
>>
AMD Apus for laptops

Intel for gaming

AMD for workstation
>>
I feel like this is the equivalent of a Chevy vs. Ford debate on /o/.
>>
>>51547230
Intel for actual products, AMD for opensource and good "moral" business practices.
>>
>>51547230
intel is for good goys

AMD is for the future

Also DX12 will make AMD chips even more relevant, especially for gaming.
>>
Intel i7.
AMD GPU.
>>
>>51547230
I have both Im not a poor fag.
Goes for gpus as well.
Still
Intel>amd
>>
>>51547230
>Want to replace Phenom II x4 965 BE I've had for years
>Look at AMD route first
>FX-8350 is only a moderate improvement over what I have considering I already overclock what I have
>FX-9590 about as expensive as an i5-4690k
>220W TDP to i5's 88W TDP
>Nobody can cool it without meme cooling implements

I've built strictly all AMD systems for years but they are so far behind its hard to get on the bandwagon with the price/performance ratio argument anymore.
>>
>>51547230
I always use AMD CPU/APUs in my rigs, they are cheap and they are fast.

Though be cautious, AMD chips are hotter than the sun in menopause.
>>
>>51549672
>but they are so far behind
Keep telling yourself that, Shekelberg.
>>
>>51549798

Let me know when I can get some more specific workloads like PCSX2 emulation to work efficiently on an FX series processor without setting my house on fire and maybe I'll reconsider.
>>
>>51549798
he's right tho

AMD is a joke
>>
>>51547630
> AMD
> for laptops
You got it backwards m8.
>>
>>51549816
>without setting my house on fire
When your criticism is a meme, I can't take you seriously.
>>
Whatever gives the best performance per dollar for the particular application.
>>
>>51547230
Intel if you have money, amd if youre trying to stick with a budget.

Currently have a fx 8320 with a sapphire r9 270x, plays most games on medium/high settings with no problem. Recently started playing AC:S and can only play on low but thats more on my gpu than anything.
>>
>>51549884

The only processor that even barely touches on the performance of any current Intel processor in any meaningful way that isn't an i3 runs so hot that off the shelf water cooling isn't even enough to use it without stability issues related to overheating. That is the truth, and the fact their top-of-the-line CPU operates this inefficiently shows their architecture is garbage and without their own fab shop or Intel-comparable R&D they will never catch up. They used to spar with Intel quite readily in the late 90's and early to mid 2000's when they had the resources. Then Intel played legal and dirty marketing games with them, AMD shook off their fab plant and fell permanently behind.

Intel is in cruise mode right now because of this, focusing on driving the thermal and energy footprint of their products down while sustaining their current levels of performance. If AMD ever catches up in the general market Intel will simply churn out another series that eclipses AMD and plunge them into irrelevance for another 5 years.
>>
Having gone from a FX8350 to a 4790k not too long ago...
Intel all the way.
Comparing an AMD CPU to an Intel CPU is like comparing a Honda Civic to an Audi R8. There's a reason why the Audi can command a higher price, but if the Civic meets your needs good for you.
>>
>>51547230
amd zen
>>
>>51550085
More like amd WHEN desu senpai
>>
I love AMD.

However, as of late I've been having to go with intel as they've been outperforming them.

I really want AMD to drop something decent so I can go back to them.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.