[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For those macfags that are here what do you guys use your thunderbolt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: eawra.jpg (140 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
eawra.jpg
140 KB, 1200x627
For those macfags that are here what do you guys use your thunderbolt ports for?

I have literally never touched the thunderbolt ports and all I can find for them are adapters. Do you guys use it?
>>
>>51540934
What is thunderbolt port?
>>
I've never touched it either.
>>
Sticking dick in them, feels awesome man
>>
external hdd, external disc driver and external monitor
>>
>>51540971
stick your dick into the audio jack
>>
>>51540934
Aren't they blazing fast at like 10 Gbps?
Man i'd like to try one atleast one to get a feel
>>
>>51540934
Get a monitor with Thunderbolt/Mini-DisplayPort dude.
>>
>>51541015
They are indeed extremely hit bit rates, USB3.0 is 600MBs IIRC. But the problem is there's almost nothing that directly supports thunderbolt so it is always just some sort of adapter like thunderbolt to HDMI or ethernet slot or whatever it is you want
>>
>>51540934
I use Thunderbolt port 1 to drive a 2560x1600 16:10 HP 30" monitor using a minidisplayport-to-displayport cable. So that's not really a thunderbolt isecase.

I use Thunderbolt port 2 to drive an Apple Cinema display. The Cinema Display is 16:9 so I have it mounted vertically on a swing arm. The cinema display also has gigabit Ethernet, 4x USB ports, an audio jack, and firewire. So I use it to connect to my wired network and all my peripherals.

When I bring my laptop to my desk, I plug in power (from Cinema display) and the two thunderbolt cables. No need to fiddle with Ethernet or USB.
>>
>>51540934
I use them for my monitor, with a display port to mini displayport cable since thinderbolt also works as displayport.
>>
>>51541040
Such a shame, I just wish more devices come with this wonderful new connector
I'd love to switch out GPUs like USB thumb drives.
How many motherboards come with this socket?
>>
>>51540934
connect to my U2711 when i do something that requires a large screen
i also have a SATA3 thunderbolt dock that i use for backing up/transferring files and dual booting for testing purposes,
>>
My aunt uses one for her phone, and her LaCie external SSD. Its fast as fuck.
>>
>>51541202
>external SSD
For what purpose?
Also, eSata already achive same speed as thunderbolt years before.
>>
>>51540934
An onahole.
>>
>>51541377
dual booting for one, media mastering is another. basically any use case that benefits from fast transfer speeds. also thunderbolt is multi function and supports pass through and it is a direct link to the PCIe bus, so is faster than esata (10Gbps vs 3bps). also BTFO
>>
It lets you plug in an ethernet cable (via adapter) at full speed, in return for not making the laptop bulky due to the size of the port.

and... that's about it's only purpose.
>>
>>51541455
Of course, if you have a 10Gbps SSD right?
>>
>>51541455
>A Sata3 SSD that works at 6Gbps will magically work faster when using a thunderbolt port instead of eSata
Macfags are THIS retarded.
>>
>>51541615
>>A Sata3 SSD that works at 6Gbps will magically work faster when using a thunderbolt port instead of eSata
It'll work faster than a 3GBps esata.
>>
External gpu. Werks really nice
>>
File: thunderbolt 2 dock.png (983 KB, 1160x603) Image search: [Google]
thunderbolt 2 dock.png
983 KB, 1160x603
>>51540934

Thunderbolt 2 docks are useful, it's basically a big adapter that has everything.
>>
>>51546673
Something about that imagine is really off putting
>>
>>51546757
it's the field of view. It was probably taken with a Wide Angle or Ultra Wide Angle lens that makes everything look really far away
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.