[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam OS and the Linux gaming push is fucking shit. Valve will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: STEAMOSISSHIT.png (653 KB, 643x919) Image search: [Google]
STEAMOSISSHIT.png
653 KB, 643x919
Steam OS and the Linux gaming push is fucking shit. Valve will not stick their millions in dota and CSGO hat money to pay developers to port their games and instead advertise for STEAM LINK support? Normies aren't going to buy an $800 computer with no games and shit performance.
>>
never gonna get steamOS cause there's no games for it there's never gonna be games for it cause no one uses steamOS
>>
You know it's for streaming to your living room right.
>>
why was steamOS even created
>>
>>51539700
Yeah but they are fucking advertising games to work with Steam Link and not porting to their Steam OS.
>>
>>51539723
I don't think you know what the steam link is pham.
>>
>>51539748
I know it streams games from your current Windows PC to that. But the point is they're advertising for that and not porting big name games to their unsuccessful console.
>>
>>51539761
You do realize that Valve doesn't own Rockstar, right?

It's up to them to make a Linux port.
>>
>>51539778
Why arent they using their money to get games on their console? Why can EVERY other console manufacture hand out money to get shit ported but Valve with their millions?
>>
>>51539794
Because their console is a debian distro, they couldn't give a shit about units sold.

And Nintendo has money for days but doesn't get shit ported to it.
>>
>>51539823
They did on launch, such as CoD and tons of Ubishit for example.
And they obviously care about units sold or they wouldn't have made it.
>>
File: heavy.png (183 KB, 453x453) Image search: [Google]
heavy.png
183 KB, 453x453
>>51539596
You are an idiot, steam link is for streaming games to TV, not related to steam OS at all.

Also you are an obvious Windows user troll, judging by that font rendering in your image.
>>
>>51540602
You're missing the point of what he is saying. I don't know if I agree with the reasoning but Valve is advertising games to work with the Steam LInk (which all games do) and not putting Steam OS on the forefront and getting more games on it.
>>
File: pHqrcmV.png (420 KB, 536x398) Image search: [Google]
pHqrcmV.png
420 KB, 536x398
>>51540628
>Valve is advertising games to work with the Steam Link
So what? It's their product.

>not putting Steam OS on the forefront
Yes they are, it is called the STEAM MACHINE, and it isn't even out yet.

>getting more games on it
Valve has literally ported almost all their titles to Steam OS + Linux. It is not their fault other lazy devs don't want to port their DirectX / Windows encrusted shit like GTA V.
>>
File: WINDOWSTROLL.png (60 KB, 407x287) Image search: [Google]
WINDOWSTROLL.png
60 KB, 407x287
>>51540689
>Windows user troll
Just a Linux user that wants Valve to SUPPORT LINUX GAMING LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULD.
>>
Im casual as fuck but why cant direct x be ported to linux?
>>
>>51540794
why did you delete?
>>
>>51540900
Proprietary windows software pham.
>>
>>51540900
microsoft doesn't want to
>>
>>51540602
>>51540689
>calls someone else a troll
>uses heavy reaction images
>avatar fagging

Go back to reddit.
>>
>playing meme V in the first place
>>
>>51539676
>there's no games for it
About a third of my library is available on SteamOS. It's literately good enough.
>>
>>51541222
>literately
Opinion invalidated.
And you library must be 90% indie shit anyways.
>>
everyone already knew it was going to be failure. well, everyone who isnt a fucking valvedrone is linux shill.

linux has its place, and this isn't it. if you have to reboot into windows just once to play a game, there is literally no reason to use linux in the first place.
>>
>>51539596
>GTA V
You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>51539596
Anon I would delete this if you can this is embarrassing
>>
OP is an idiot, Valve does not own the games it sells on Steam that are not one of their own IPs, they cannot force the companies to port their games to linux/steam OS
>>
>>51540900
Dx9 was ported a few years ago, with direct driver support in open source. But it's mostly useless except for wine.

Dx10+ are cancerous ms shit that will go away with vulkan anyway.
>>
>>51539596
That doesn't show up for me. Is that some loonix thing?
>>
>>51541243
People only play mobas and Bethesda games for any length of time. Having or not having a particular game is meaningless past a few months.

And all but 2 of the popular mobas are on Linux.
>>
>>51541285
>reboot
VM master race. No reboots necessary, and my steam link plays well with both.
>>
>>51541243
>Opinion invalidated.
The word was correctly used faggot. Get over yourself.

>you library must be 90% indie shit anyways.
Yes <3
>>
>shitposts
>doesn't even know what Steam Link is
Why can't we kill all the niggers?
>>
>>51539596
>port their games
gta5 is a valve game now?
>instead advertise for STEAM LINK support?
what does that have to do with steamos?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.