[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mozilla is rich
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: a.jpg (100 KB, 610x413) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
100 KB, 610x413
The thing that always blows my mind is that Mozilla brings in upwards of $300 million USD a year. Three hundred million dollars. And yet we still think of Firefox as this cute and scrappy open source project, and cut it no end of slack when it comes to major failures. (E10S, AMO approvals backlog, etc).
>>
Because it's peanuts compared to their competition.
>>
I'm surprised anyone still uses Firefox.
>>
>>51539509
Better font rendering.
Better addons.
>>
>>51539360
>we still think of Firefox as this cute and scrappy open source project, and cut it no end of slack when it comes to major failures.
I don't

>>51539722
Not for much longer
>>
>>51539752
Oh look someone is trying to shill his own choice of browser if not one made by himself. Whats your browser of choice shill?
>>
>>51539360
>what is netscape navigator
>>
>>51539932
Oh look someone is trying to shill his own choice of browser

i shilled so hard i didnt even mentioned other browser, my post was about the depreciation of the current plugin model in favor of a chrome like one, perhaps i should've clarified it
>>
http://danstillman.com/2015/11/23/firefox-extension-scanning-is-security-theater?firefox-against-censorship - Just read the last comment, Mozilla is lying and betraying at every good chance, discrediting, and blatantly copying Google Chrome and who gets in Mozilla's way get ass-fucked!

Welcome to your shiny new SJW world, where a small group of elite fucktards decides what is right and wrong!
>>
>>51539360
>brings in upwards of $300 million USD a year.

uhh. how?
>>
>>51540123
Google botnet sheckles so Google is set as the default search engine.

Last thing I heard they weren't renewing the deal though?
I can't be bothered to Google it :^)
>>
The more someone says he/she is independent, the more you know that they are not!

Just remember some Muslim women in veil! Talking that they have freedom and are equal but in reality they are male slaves!

There is not much difference in that "non existing anymore relationship" with Google! Mozilla and Google.. will never fully separate, same like they will not divorce fully of Yahoo once their contract ends.

Once a slave, always a slave!
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-26-11-39-12.png (226 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-26-11-39-12.png
226 KB, 720x1280
Opera gets 600million a year, and has a less userbase. Yet still strong mobile market, and is the most used browser in Africa. They also have contracts with Yandex to allow them use their Opera Turbo service.

And if that looks too much, companies like UC Browser earn ever more thanks to India and China markets.

I love Firefox but they're struggling so much. From their business model to the overall browser, they are doing these bad decisions trying to get more money. Their best bet right now is Firefox OS, which they want to get a part of the emergent market, and by this they have forgotten the desktop one. It sucks.
>>
File: 1436155975133.png (148 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1436155975133.png
148 KB, 400x400
>>51540068
>The most dispiriting element of this whole ordeal has been the pattern of Mozilla employees leaping to defend a transparently broken system. I believe that everyone has been acting out of a genuine desire to protect users, but instead of taking a few minutes to write the same example code that I did, many of them seemed to reflexively close ranks, dismissing all criticism that came from outside Mozilla.

I was going to call you out on bringing in SJWs where it doesn't apply but this behaviour is just too familiar.
>>
>>51540235
> money
> mobile
> Africa
> China
> India
god i hate technology
>>
>>51540250
SJW does apply to everything!

Oh, look at Mozilla Firefox square old tabs... girls feel offended as they do not look feminine - let's change that to round!

Oh look, Firefox old UI is not what girls do like, let's implement Google Chrome's ladylike UI!

Oh look, girls could be offended by features they do not understand! Remove them!
>>
>>51540250
and most important..

The whole Firefox experience was a clear boys domain - Let's screw it up as a whole so stupid fucking clits feel comfortable!
>>
>>51540068
Wow, that was depressing to read.
>>
>>51539360
>And yet we still think of Firefox as this cute and scrappy open source project

No, I think of them as riddled with bad decisions.

Like how they axed the ability to change a new tab's homepage without an add-on.
>>
>>51540561
What do you expect? They are adopting development mentality from Google Chrome, few features, maximum shiny design!

The only difference, users are running away instead of staying!
>>
>>51539509
No, they remind of Cyangenmod, or Opera. Where a community goes full corporate, then eventually does mass suicide to themselves for no reason.
>>
>>51540842
That is the point. They got big, and Mozilla decided that power users are below their interest, so they just make Firefox into the next browser for simple fags!

But so far only with less or negative success!
>>
https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/planning-the-future-of-complete-themes/ - vote with your feet - aka comment towards that Chrome clone fanatics!
>>
>>51539360

> Mozilla brings in upwards of $300 million USD a year.

BUT PLEASE EVERYONE, WE NEED YOUR DONATIONS FOR US TO SURVIVE ANOTHER YEAR!
>>
>>51539476
by this logic safari should be the bbc of browsers
>>
Firefox/Mozilla is based on Netscape. Netscape made Jim Clark a billionaire
>>
>>51541841
Safari is not on windows anymore
>>
>>51539932
Hahaha you are a faggot
>>
Please! https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/3u8cbe/automated_scanning_of_firefox_extensions_is/cxcq9ka - Remember to send Tyler-D of Rapezilla your fuckings because of how add-on dev are treated!
>>
>>51539932
Defending Firefox is shilling Firefox
>>
>>51539509
>muh addons
I still hate Google.
>>
>>51539509
I'm going to keep using it until they fuck up the add-on community beyond repair, which will probably be within 5 months or so.
>>
Thats actually a very painful experience. They killed pretty much every little thing I liked in Firefox over the years one by one, only add-ons and Spider monkey left, I'm sure not for too long.
All that while they tell me how they listen to their users. Maybe they do listen? Maybe I'm the autist here and everyone loves Pocket, Hello, no confusing settings, new version number every five minutes, hate fucking evil Eich, etc.
>>
>>51540185
>Google botnet sheckles so Google is set as the default search engine.
Yahoo has been the default search engine on Firefox for a while now.
>>
Where do they get money from though?
>>
>>51545554
Mozilla dropped all their contracts they had with Google and now they rely on Yahoo, Baidu and Yandex. They generate more than $300m a year, still far bellow other companies like Opera or UC Browser.
>>
>>51541819
Kek this.
>>
>>51540300
not everyone exists in your miserable little bubble bitch
>>
Firefox has been progressively less stable over the past year and I'm pretty sick of it. what do you recommend as the best alternative desktop browser?
>>
>>51542606
Thank god, less bloated garbage to deal with on normie computers.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.