[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
File Menu Bar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Menu-Bar-MS-Access.gif (7 KB, 408x155) Image search: [Google]
Menu-Bar-MS-Access.gif
7 KB, 408x155
I may sound like such an oldfag that I am but am I the only one that still likes having the file/edit/view menu bar there in things like Firefox, Office (Pic from old ass version obviously), the Windows Explorer, etc?
Why the hate on the File Menu nowadays?
>>
>>51538763
Because Microsoft thinks that stupid bar with giant baby buttons is better.
>>
>>51538939
Yeah it's a real shame. There really is nothing wrong with the way it's always been really. I mean if it was obviously a more productive and easier way but I can't see that people actually preferred it when most were used to it being the other way. I never thought people had a hard time learning it either.
>>
Everyone wants to streamline everything now days to appeal to the common idiot, as to expand their clientele.
The simpler their product is, the more it'll attract.
It's the money.
>>
>>51538763
I use to, but not anymore. I like ribbon more now. Stop being afraid of change. Adapt or die. Live long and prosper. Use the force harry. Feel the kneed.

Don't listen to >>51538939 he's a potato.
>>
File: ribbon.png (61 KB, 1118x140) Image search: [Google]
ribbon.png
61 KB, 1118x140
I have no problem with the Ribbon and I don't get why people have taken such a big issue with it.

Yes, it looks different but it's functionally the same (Like view insert etc) but it lets them present the options in a more visually appealing way (Big detailed icons) instead of cramming everything into a dropdown list and a million layers of sub-dropdowns.

The whole "Hamburger menu" thing (Firefox) where you just throw every option into a single button is garbage though.

Also wtf op that's not Office.
>>
>>51539216
The bar is still present in OS X, I think why it wasn't as successful on Windows is because you couldn't search for anything in the submenus.
>>
>>51539486
I should also add that it's way more organized then the old menu bars where they just put shit wherever they felt like.
>>
>>51539471
>>51539486
The ribbon is huge, it takes up so much space. The buttons and icons are all littered around without any consistency. To save a document, the screen fully changes to a save menu.
>>
>>51539486
Oh I'm not complaining about the stuff under the File/View/Edit all that menu, as that pic you still have it. I'm hating on when they go and remove that part.
>>
>>51539471
Oh and this was also a reply to you it's not hating on the entire ribbon menu.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.