[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I wanna try and grab a tablet while its near black friday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
So I wanna try and grab a tablet while its near black friday
I was looking at the s2, but I heard the s1 was better without the amoled screen
and I do consider an IPAD, but would I have to install certain software and stuff for an air?IE itunes-like program
Does an air run better than an s2 or s for watching shows and stuff?
>>
>>51536566
Also in the market for a tablet so I can watch plex and do some basic browsing / remote desktop from bed

Don't get an iPad, seriously m8 come on. I'm considering one of the Lenovo tablets but I want something with a decent screen ie ove x800pixels

Also looking at a second hand nexus 9
>>
>>51536566
Don't buy a big phone that can't make calls. Get a proper x86 tablet that works like a normal computer (some win8/10 tablets can run linux etc).
>>
Care about the battery? Get AMOLED. Other than that tableta are all the same
>>
>>51536566
Go ahead buy it, then complain about Android because of your shitty touchjizz rom and then end up buying an iPad later anyways.
If you want a not shitty tablet do cheap just get a nexus 9
>>51536718
Amoled drains more battery you dimwit unless you're watching inverted Chinese cartoons that are 90% black in which you're only using like 100 pixels to display your animey
>>
get an iPad, it fits your requirements, is beautiful, fast, sleek and you don't have to worry about the battery always running out (like other inferior tablets)
>>
>>51536693
x86 for browsing facebook is overkill
>>
>>51536909
>other inferior tablets
>implying iPads aren't overpriced memes
>>
What about the Nexus 7 from Google (7-Inch, 16 GB, Black) by ASUS (2013) Tablet? It's pretty cheap and good specs. I'm thinking about getting it.
>>
>>51537013

They might be overpriced, but the battery and weight is a useful thing on them.

This coming from an owner of several Android tablets.

Android tablets offer you more options, usually better hardware and don't actually lag as much as on phones due to this - unless you buy some shit tier one, the screens are excellent on a lot of models. If you root them, this expands further. However, as I've found - you either get a battery pack after a while or enjoy the battery declining - I've had this on every one I've owned.

iPads on the other hand are more locked down and have shitter screens in general for their Android counterparts of the same price (Retina is a meme) , however they offer better battery life and are lighter in general (the original ones, not just the new airs)

So you go for what you prefer - the above are basic generalizations of course to keep things simple.
>>
The only tablets actually worth buying are the surface pro or surface book.

If you want a media consumption tablet then the only ones worth buying are one of the nexus tablets, Xperia Z5 tablet and the ipad if you actually pay for your content like a plan.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.