[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the honest difference between Intel and AMD? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
What's the honest difference between Intel and AMD? I've always heard people shilling for one or the other, but I've never really figured it out.
>>
>>51533747
Intel overpriced housefire garbage
AMD superior performance and price
>>
>>51533760
See that's what OP means when they say "shilling".
>>
>>51533747
Amd tries but they can't compete. The market is cornered by Intel and the consumer suffers for it.
>>
File: goodluck.jpg (89 KB, 2534x216) Image search: [Google]
goodluck.jpg
89 KB, 2534x216
>>51533782
>>
>>51533747
Intel is rich and gets richer and can make better cpus because they are so rich and can afford to spend more money developing stuff and spend more money to pay people to use their stuff.

AMD can't compete because intel owned the market and threw money at people to not buy AMD for years and now AMD can't even afford to make competitive CPUs any more.
>>
>>51533791
>operations per second
They still fucking test this?
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-10+at+07.26.56).png (23 KB, 643x418) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-10+at+07.26.56).png
23 KB, 643x418
OP here.

I use an AMD processor currently, my old laptop was AMD as well. Never really used an Intel outside of the family PC.
>>
>>51533747
This is newer consumer grade hardware I'm taking about.

Intel: latest everything. Performance is top notch. Worse price to performance, but the latest and greatest. Tdp is usually lower. Not needed for gaming on lower tier gpus

And: old, no ddr4, wait for zen. There 6 core fx 6300 (3 physical and 3 logical) and 8320 are best price to performance, specifically when overclocked. Higher tdp
>>
>>51533807
My only Intel PC is a Dell Dimension l1000r with an old Pentium III that I put a 1TB HDD and a 5 CD-ROM changer in and use as a music player and sometimes shitposting. I cant personally place an opinion on Intel because I've never used it just by happenstance. I only buy lighter laptops and they've all had AMD CPUs and APUs. But my little Pentium II jukebox does it's job greatly. And as for AMD, I've always looked for laptops with APUs and I'm never dissapointed, though I don't ever put HEAVY use on any of my machines.
>>
Which processor is better

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5 GHz or Intel Core i5-4690K
Since I'm a poorfag I'm kinda veering towards the AMD. Also, sorry for my idiocy, bit of a dunce when it comes to computers.
>>
>>51536338
Um the 4690k is like three times better
>>
>>51536441
I see, thanks for answering my question
>>
>>51536338
depends on the prices you're paying but in terms of raw performance, as >>51536441 said, the 4th gen i5 blows the vishera out of the fucking water

only reason i'd consider it is for a handmedown or a really cheap used desktop
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.