[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have about 200 episodes of something I need to embed with .srt's.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
I have about 200 episodes of something I need to embed with .srt's.

I'm not huge into encoding, is this possible without dropping video quality?
>>
>>51532695
I'd just like to say this isn't me, check the IP counter in upper right.

Not impatient enough to bump my thread so quickly.
>>
What container is it in (mkv mp4 etc)?
>>
>>51532665
mkvtoolnix
>>
>>51532714
mkv
>>51532718
I am aware that exist, I just heard every time you encode something the quality drops.

I'm archiving the end result files and want good quality.
>>
>>51532729
mkvtoolnix will just mux your files, not reencode them.
>>
>>51532729
If you do it with mkvtoolnix it doesn't reencode the file just adds the track to the file. Doesn't mess with the video track at all.
>>
Just think of an mkv as a rar file. Muxing just adds another file to the rar. It doesn't touch the other files. Mkv normally contains a video track, one or more audio tracks, and any number of subtitle tracks. These can be muxed to remove or add tracks as you wish without effecting the other ones.
>>
ok, why do you need to embed srt's
>>
>>51532757
>>51532762
Appreciated, thanks.

>>51532833
It's easier, also I don't think plex will support non merged .srt's will it?

I use my plex server a lot.
>>
>>51532833
>>51532958
It does as long as you name them the same as the video file.
>>
ffmpeg with vcodec and acodec both set to copy.
>>
>>51532958
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200471133-Adding-Local-Subtitles-to-Your-Media
Google is your friend
>>
>>51532665
yes, you just have to "mux" it or something
it keeps the original video
>>
>>51532665
Tamers is the best season.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.