[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT HN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: hn.png (1 KB, 257x257) Image search: [Google]
hn.png
1 KB, 257x257
>people are debating in the comments, therefore this is a flame war
>thread deleted
>>
>my retarded community doesn't like my faggotry
>come running to 4chan to see if they'll be my shoulder to cry on
no, OP. drink bleach or something, just don't do it on our board.
>>
>why surveillance and abuse of your users is okay if you're the one doing it
>>
>why censorship is bad but no-platform is good
>>
>how I sucked my own dick using Ruby and you should too
>>
>people actually go to HN
shiggidydiggitydoo
>>
>>51532815
>>51532625
>>51533044

It's so goddamn terrible...
>Hurr checkout my hip way to exploit consumer_zonbies.js this week durrrr.
>>
File: ycartmanator.jpg (28 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
ycartmanator.jpg
28 KB, 600x337
You should totally do this thing to reorganize your life and be super productive. That's how I did it when starting up my startup. Which this is totally not a submarine marketing article for my startup. Because PG wrote about submarine marketing and I would totally not do that.

You'll note that this super serial article about how to be more productive is not in listicle form, nor is it This One Weird Trick because that would be clickbait and would get downvoted on HN. See my other article about how to hustle and totally hack growth, bro. #NODOWNROUNDS
>>
>>51533597
Fucking disgusting, and so true.
Filthy people that can't grasp the concept that some people like to build stuff just because we do. Noooo gotta monetize everything, my hair follicles gotta pull their weight this next finding round wooooo.
>>
>>51533623
>10 kinds of tech projects you always did wrong - now with newshit.js
>>
>How I Deepthroated Paul Graham - 11 Tips for Bruising your Uvula
>>
>>51533044
I just have a pushbullet set up for it to get the headlines. I don't care about the comments
>>
>>51533800
It should be 7, not 11. HN likes every topic with number "7" more.
>>
>>51534199
Interesting.
>>
>>51533362
it used to be great. for some reason all these tech news communities turn into culture discussion and navel gazing. growth kills these tech news type sites. killed slashdot. killed digg. killed reddit. hell, even the comparatively lobste.rs is starting to fall
>>
File: vcprincipal.jpg (50 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
vcprincipal.jpg
50 KB, 599x337
>>51533623
HEY. This is VC Principal here. We will NOT have that sort of negativity around here bro! HN is NOT that kind of board. We are NOT in it for the money, we are in it for PASSION. Where is your PASSION, bro?
>>
HN was still good one year ago.
>>
>>51534425
I blame the "moderation"
>>
>>51534425
>>51535402
I think it's more like
>hmm we've got users now
>better make this shit sellable
>bans fly and content craps out because oh i dunno
>YEEHAW MONETIZE BRO PC PC PC

Thus is the way of the hordes of business student "bro's" unleashed on us.
>>
I fucking hate the comments. Doesn't matter how well written the point is, if it doesn't match what the status quo is downvoted/deleted. Abuse of power at its worst.
>>
There's generally at least one good article a day but the comments are pretty keked
>>
isn't this like reddit without subreddits?
>>
It's pretty much a safe space environment. All comments and posts seems to controlled and any discussion is seem as threats. Pathetic
>>
>>51532625
what the fuck is an HN?
>>
>>51532625
The comments section are the most fairly balanced and well behaved out of any online community I've ever participated. People will upvote people being downvoted they disagree with if the person actually intelligently argues their point. Literally the only issues are when it comes to negative stories on companies sponsored by the parent company.
>>
>>51538374
Maybe you should look at it again: the "moderation" has gotten absolutely insane.

Fuck you dang. Fuck you.
>>
How I used somehalfbakedcrap.js to completely rewrite my startup in a weekend, and why you should too
>>
>>51538357
news.ycombinator.com, a community based around the YC startup accelerator.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.