[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech Shares
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: hemorrhoidsthu_jpg.jpg (23 KB, 400x420) Image search: [Google]
hemorrhoidsthu_jpg.jpg
23 KB, 400x420
Convince me not to buy a fuck ton of AMD shares /g/ right now

>Last month has seen a gradual rise
>New 14nm gpu/cpu Zen's coming out 3rd quarter of 2016 that will crush
>New competent CEO
>Deals with American and South Korean manufacturing companys instead of cheap Malaysian ones
>The stock is cheap as fuck
>The company is extremely undervalued since most investors lost faith after they were sued for $500,000,000 for fucking up some contacts
>They scored a bunch of new contracts with Security and Medical company's
>>
Also suggest better options if you have any
>>
I'm also interested in thoughts on this.
>>
>>51531746
Also they seem to be more progressive than nvida, they are rumored to use 16nm.

>Currently Amd/Nvida cards have 9.4/6 billion transistors per bloc using 22nm
>If AMD switch's to 14nm they could fit 14.6ish billion, which would be the first +10 billion transistor bloc
>Even if they loose in the performance department, they should hopefully still be appealing due to presumably high power efficiently
>Also we expect them to not see a huge rise in price
>>
>>51531827
they don't have the marketing needed to be profitable anymore.

look at this shithole.
nothing but shillfags spamming shitty products which do nothing good for the consumer let alone the market, yet they still spam this shit up.

AMD is dying a slow and painful death.
>>
PS5 will be AMD powered

AMD seriously looks like a good stock to pick up right now
>>
>>51531713
>trusting /g/ for tech purchasing advice
>trusting 4chan for stock purchasing advice
>trusting /g/ on 4chan for tech stock purchasing advice
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1252x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1252x2208
I bought some maybe two months ago. It tanked immediately after purchase but has gone up with recent reviews of its hardware in past week or so.

I would buy on the premise that if it can't survive on its own, it will be bought up. Both Google and Microsoft are lookin for ways to have more control over their own hardware a l apple and Samsung.
>>
meme>>51532545
It's looking good to me
>>
>>51532158
hahaha
this thread is pretty decent proof that AMD is about to die.
>>
>>51531713
Don't forget how they're supplying APUs for all the consoles including the new NX and Sonys add-on processor for VR.
>>
>>51531713
You should have bought in late september.
>>
AMD is worth a lot more than the 1.88 billion it's currently valued at.

The reasons it's trading so cheap are fears of bankruptcy and because investors believe the x86 cross licensing deal with Intel wouldn't survive a takeover.
The fears of bankruptcy are real. The belief that AMD isn't a takeover candidate is retarded.
>>
>>51532711
>because investors believe the x86 cross licensing deal with Intel wouldn't survive a takeover.
That's because investors are fucking retards.

Intel HAVE to have the x86 cross licensed or else they'll be taken due to being a monopoly. Intel themselves would literally drag AMD out of bankruptcy if it looked that bad because it would still be cheaper for them.
>>
>>51532750
Doesn't VIA also have an active x86 license?
Couldn't Intel use that to claim they're not a monopoly?
>>
>>51532869
They could try, but they know like us nobody would fall for that shit.

Intel would lose very, very large amounts of money if AMD failed, so i'm gonna make a statement now that if AMD were ever in serious trouble intel would be the first to bail them out.
>>
It would be tragic if AMD fell, competition is an essential part in innovation
>>
>>51532750
The reason Intel can't just cancel the deal is because it's a CROSS licensing agreement. Intel needs AMD patents just as much as AMD needs Intel patents.
>>
File: 1447877834310.jpg (42 KB, 541x498) Image search: [Google]
1447877834310.jpg
42 KB, 541x498
>>51532897
That might happen, or they might offer an x86 licence to another cpu manufacturer.

>>51532869
Does VIA even bother making x86 processors? I heard they went into arm.
>>
>>51532954
IIRC, intel can't offer x86 licenses, it has to be AMD.
Now if AMD died that might change, but the problem then is that you have a period of at least a year if not more where shit is getting straightened out and where anybody purchasing a new computer has no option other than Intel.
This would cause a nice, big anti-monopoly suit and intel would lose fucktons.
What's more likely is intel would just bail AMD out (either themselves or convince [x] to do it) to save all that hassle
>>
invest in realtek trust me
>>
>>51532954
Intel no longer has the license over the original x86 instruction set. Soon the patents over the Pentium Pro are gone as well. Any licensing agreement Intel could make would be for SSE instruction sets.

AMD still has x86-64 for another 5+ years.
>>
File: kk.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
kk.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>51533111
shhh
>>
>>51532750
>>51532897
>>51532975

Kind of like how Microsoft bailed Apple out way back in the day, right?
>>
>>51533489
Pretty much, yep. Even then MS still got fucked, imagine how bad it could've been
>>
>>51533529
Although this time it would be the evil company bailing out the good company. Which is strange to think about. Hopefully something like that would give AMD the incentive they need to fire their fucking marketing department and get people in there that know what they're doing.
>>
>>51533560
>Hopefully something like that would give AMD the incentive they need to fire their incompetent marketing department and get people in there that know what they're doing.
Marketing is AMD's biggest weakness. They have good products, they just do not have enough brains in the marketing department to sell them.
>>
>>51533641
Yea, incompetent is a better word than fucking I suppose. That's the point I was trying to make Falcon senpai. (thank you for noticing me btw)
>>
>>51533641
The biggest problem is that AFAIK they just don't market.
Where's the fucking ads 'ask for an AMD APU laptop today for superior performance', etc?

All i see are the very occasional ads for their graphics cards and that's it. I bet the majority of the public don't even know AMD fucking exist at this point.

They need to drop $50mil on some serious ad campaigns throughout 2016 with the lead up to Zen and the GDDR5X/HBM2 cards
>>
File: 1445917935746.jpg (65 KB, 331x590) Image search: [Google]
1445917935746.jpg
65 KB, 331x590
>>51531713
>>you (you)
Thinly veiled b8
>>
>>51533714
This.
I run a pc shop and most of my customers don't even know there an option besides Intel and Nvidia until I give them their options.
A lot still don't buy AMD because they haven't heard of it before and don't trust something "new".
>>
The one reason why you shouldn't buy it is because people are stupid.

>hi do you have that intel CPU for my gaymen I saw the ad where intel was inside
>hi do you have the nvidia GPU for gaymen, the ad said it was the way it's meant to be played

You can't really educate these idiots to buy outside of their comfort zone.
>>
File: 1376258956154.jpg (109 KB, 1440x1216) Image search: [Google]
1376258956154.jpg
109 KB, 1440x1216
>>51533917
>>
Back on track, do you agree its a good investment idea.

> At worst they'll get bailed out
> Doubt they will drop much lower than they already have
>>
>>51531827
Good thoughts. Thanks Anon
>>
>>51536301
No problem
Shilling intensifies**
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.