[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/entlemen, I've encountered a huge problem with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: VUjyuKs.jpg (716 KB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
VUjyuKs.jpg
716 KB, 3648x2736
Hello /g/entlemen, I've encountered a huge problem with my OnePlus One. I was running Cyanogenmod with NIGHTLY updates, but when CM12 went to CM13, my phone softbricked itself with the restart loopbug. I had no idea what to do at the time, so I downloaded a "patch" from OnePlus, which erased everything on my device, but didn't fix the loopbug.

Confused on what to do now, I looked around on their website's forums, and realized that others were having bug problems due to CM13 as well, and there were signs on how to fix it. I ran into a problem though, the patch deleted my fastboot, i think. Anyone know what I can do?

>TL:DR - How do I find my fastboot on my oneplus one? power + vol up not working
>>
>>51530738
/g/ isn't your tech support
>>
>>51530782
I'm not sure where else to go, OnePlus is not responding
>>
>>51530738
what is not finding what?

doesn't your pc detect the device? try a different usb host

are you to tech illiterate to find the fastboot option via powerbuton + volume button up? try again or try with all 3 buttons pressed and select in the menu if possible

do you need to install a rom via fastboot? look up a google tutorial on how to do that, you can find the fastboot rom's at cyanogenmod's homepage i believe
>>
boot into recovery mode
>>
>>51530738
You fucking reflash the ROM, you retard.

Since your phone is now completely wiped and you have nothing to lose, do a complete full wipe of your phone and flash something to it.

There's a fucking tool on OnePlus' forums that, once you install the proper drivers, will do all this for you after one button click.
>>
>>51530738
install gentoo.
onto your phone too.
>>
>>51530738
can you not force the device into fastboot from your PC command line?
>>
>>51530799
That's what you get from a company so poor they have to invite people to buy products because of lack of stock
>>
I have the same problem OP with my G3.

Every ROM I've every installed is complete shit and never works correctly. Now, running whatever latest nightly CM build if I restart my phone it'll get stuck in a bootloop and restart about 7-10 before it decides it wants to work. Whilst going about my day and doing shit on my phone it'll just randomly start rebooting too.

I regret ever wiping my perfect rooted Android 5.1.1 image with all the LG bloatware removed. Can't wait for a 6.0 image to be released for the G3, I'm never installing a custom ROM again.
>>
>>51534504
I fucked up like that before
>>
>>51534522
I've noticed that my G3 turns into a fucking oven as well when doing simple things such as listening to music. If I use the navigation while driving it'll get so hot it'll shut off after 20-30 minutes.

DId the same thing with my Note 10.1 when I flashed a custom ROM. Does everyone have and live with these problems or am I doing something wrong? Because I refuse to believe that this shit continues to occur after a couple years of trying and retrying custom ROMs only to have the same problems.
>>
>>51530738
>Power + Volume Down
>Wipe data/factory settings
>Connect your phone to a computer
>Download and copy a new ROM
>Flash it
>>
>>51530738
It's pretty embarrassing that you bought an OPO without knowing anything about fastboot, recoveries, bootloaders, etc.

Go get an iPhone, kid.
>>
File: bacon-root-toolkit[1].png (7 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
bacon-root-toolkit[1].png
7 KB, 100x100
>>51530738
download baconroottoolkit and download a adb driver. then its just a click away
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.