[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain to me this shti i exchanged hd 7770 for r9 380 to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: heppy sad frog.jpg (17 KB, 399x385) Image search: [Google]
heppy sad frog.jpg
17 KB, 399x385
Explain to me this shti
i exchanged hd 7770 for r9 380
to play games but the first game i tasted was far cry 4
and fps is all over the place its 60 to dorp to 20 to get to 40 and to 60 and back to 30 its just madness
when card is actually working fps is rock solid 60 but card seems to down scale its clock speed for who know what reason and than fps drops
my cpu is old its phenom x4 955 oc'd to 3,8 ghz i can understand bottleneck but its not the case cpu usage is maximum at 60% never more and usually at 40%
>>
>>51523146
FarCry4 is really heavy on the CPU anon.
its not gonna get to 100% because of the bottleneck it causes to the GPU. upgrade to a FX atleast.
>>
Thermal throttling perhaps?
>>
>>51523146
>and fps is all over the place its 60 to dorp to 20 to get to 40 and to 60 and back to 30 its just madness

Welcome to AMD gaming experience.
>>
>>51523146
dumbass frogposter
>>
>>51523598
cpu rarely ever reach 50% max i saw was 60% so what bottleneck?
>>51523607
no temps are ok
>>51523631
i love you to
>>
>>51523146
dumb frogposter
>>
>>51523146
disable the goyworks and the game will run fine
>>
>>51523813
it's amd card and i don't use jewworks options in game settings
>>
>>51523743
>cpu rarely ever reach 50% max i saw was 60% so what bottleneck?
poorly optimized code only running on a few cores?
>>
>>51523927
no i don't see that high of a difference between the core's its not like one or two are hitting 99% while other two sleep
its consistent 30 to 60% usage on all 4 and
in some cases there is variation like one core hitting 60 while others stay at 40 but that shouldn't be a problem
>>
File: wut s.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
wut s.png
11 KB, 211x246
lol it seems msi afterburner was the problem it self
so it was benchmark tool screwing my results
now i get 50 to 60 fps on very high/ultra result i'm much more able to accept as realistic
no more drops to 20s
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.