[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Decentraleyes arrives to Github
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 137406.png (109 KB, 700x521) Image search: [Google]
137406.png
109 KB, 700x521
The source code of the new champion of privacy and fast browsing is now available on Github too: https://github.com/Synzvato/decentraleyes

Decentraleyes is an extension bundled up with copies of JS libraries and other common resources like jQuery. When a website tries to access Google or other content delivery network to download such a resource, the extension gives Firefox the local copy instead, protecting your privacy and making your browser faster.

You can install it from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/decentraleyes/
>>
Why the fuck people use few fucking jqery, bootstrap boolshit for some shitty visual effect
why
>>
File: TlMY3ao.jpg (909 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
TlMY3ao.jpg
909 KB, 2048x1366
>>51522646
Why the fuck aren't you able to construct a simple sentence? Why?
>>
>>51522668
beucsue fucj the society and normes langue is to comunicATE and u understood my sentance
>>
This is nice
>>
isnt it the default behaviour that you first check the local cache and only if the library isnt available do you fetch it form the internet?

I dont know javascript, but it cant be more difficult than adding one more line right? something like
try: load( 'Temp/Cache/some_lib.js')
except: load('www.myserver.com/libs/some_lib.js')
are the devs so fucking lazy that you need an extension to take care of it?
>>
>>51523653
>isnt it the default behaviour that you first check the local cache and only if the library isnt available do you fetch it form the internet?
The FAQ mentions that.

>My browser caches downloaded CDN libraries, doesn't that protect my privacy?
Answer: Sadly, no. Even if the file in question is stored inside your cache, your browser will still contact the delivery network to see if the resource has been modified. Decentraleyes solves this issue.
>>
>>51523964
Ok, so what happens if the resource has been modified? You're stuck with an old resource forever?
>>
>>51524013
Good question. It looks like the addon dev is responsible for keeping the locally stored libraries up to date since the addon itself ships with the libraries. It doesn't seem to mention whether it updates itself though.

There was another extension like this called "local load" that worked the same way but it stopped being updated like 2-3 years ago so it's probably no longer usable now.
>>
>>51524247
>>51524013
I would guess if it doesn't find a matching version string then it just falls back to downloading the library to cache like normal.
>>
>>51524300
Did you even download it? One of the its options is to: "Block requests for missing resources"
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.