[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to upgrade my phone, which phone should I buy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 4L_s4qzogCQ.jpg (341 KB, 960x603) Image search: [Google]
4L_s4qzogCQ.jpg
341 KB, 960x603
iPhone 6

OR

LG G Flex 2

I have approximately 1 hour to make a decision.
>>
>>>/spg/
>>
>>51522423
the OP who started that one is retarded and didn't include /spg/ in the title space. So you can't link it through catalogue like you were trying.

>>51508094
>>
Unless you're changing actual components inside your phone that make your phone perform faster, you're not actually upgrading it. You're upgrading TO a new phone.
>>
>>51522446
Sorry I wasn't clear. But yes, I'm getting a new phone.
>>
>>51522414
I would buy something cheaper but if I had to choose I would take the LG over the iPhone if you need the flexibility android offers, otherwise take the iPhone. Really boils down to personal preference, choose the one you want the most.
>>
Both of these options are terrible
>>
>>51522476
this

why specifically the G2 Flex? What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>51522466
On contract they're both $50
As far as cheaper goes, the only things are worse than what I already have.

I'll probably go with the Flex 2 because I've had an iPhone for 2 years and I've been itching to try Android since KitKat.

Not to mention it allows for more customization, and the ability to use 2 apps at once with the screen split thing.

I wanted the G4 but that's $200, and the G Flex 2 technically boasts superior specs if you can forgive the thermal throttling caused by the Snapdragon 810.
>>
>>51522510
Well the other options are an S5 and the Moto X 2nd Gen.

They're both dated as fuck at this point.
>>
>>51522414
Ive had a G Flex 2 for about a month.

+ SnapDragon 810 is settled down with modern updates; It doesn't overheat unless I'm charging and playing a heavy game.

+ Curved design makes sense as everything towards the edges appear closer to you. Flat phones look inferior by comparison. Also comfy to hold

+ 32Gb of space is plenty of space.

- 2Gb of ram is .. Somewhat enough. I don't complain when I'm browsing the net, but I wish it had 3Gb because I can't have as many apps open as I want, but this is a minor issue.

+ Camera is extremely good and the earpiece quality is phenomenal.

+ This is basically a $700 flagship for $300 and Marshmellow is coming for it. Buy unlocked.
>>
I'd go for the iPhone 6 but I've heard the battery life is dogshit
>>
Why? The flex 2 fucking sucks so bad that I would actually the iPhone 6
>>
>>51522446
You must be fun at parties
>>
>>51522581
Idk if you're from the East or not but the Westernized model comes with 3GB of RAM.

At least the one I'm looking at does.
>>
>>51522414
My friend has a flex.
The screen was cracked to shit so i assumed he went and warped it.
>>
>>5152263 how did he crack that shit? It bends for christs sake.
>>
>>51522625
I have the Boost Mobile version which is slightly gimped with 2Gb of ram instead of 3.
>>
>>51522747
Meh. No big deal, but you say the thermal throttling is barely existent at this point?
>>
>>51522869
I'm pretty sure the updates have a chastity belt placed on the 810. But I don't feel any performance difference. The phone doesn't lag, it doesn't overheat unless i really try to. It does feel very snappy even with LG's UI. Also it doesn't lag even when it does heat up. But I'd say it gets warm like a typical smartphone.
>>
>>51522414
Get a blackberry
>everything else is a corporate Botnet cancer or;
>or 5eyes Botnet cancer
>or cat, dog and fetus eating chink Botnet cancer
>>
>>51524323
Got a G4. There was a Black Friday sale. They're activating it as we speak. I'm sorry guys.
>>
>>51525687
Other than shit battery not a bad choice TBF
>>
>>51525687
You made a good choice anon. LG is the way to go for '015
>>
>>51525904
Trying to get used to this shit after having an iPhone for 4 years.
>>
>2k10+5
>not shilling OnePlus
Shitpost.
>>
>>51526579
Fuck that. Getting an invite just to get a phone is asinine.
>>
>>51526625
>OnePlus 1
No invites needed, still a great phone that's very cost effective.
>OnePlus 2
Sign up for it and then go to the forums and say your last phone was stolen or that you're upgrading from a dumbphone and need an invite. Some dude with an invite will see it and think he is doing a good deed for the day. Guaranteed you'll get an invite within a day.
>OnePlus X
Same as above. Although the invite system with this is faster, when I signed up for it, I got an invite within a week.

Not that any of this matters, OnePlus is having an open sale(You don't need an invite) between 4 days starting on November 27th.
>>
>>51527072
Update: Half the screen on this God damn G4 has started fucking up. Gonna have to take it back and get a new one. My fucking luck.
>>
get a nexus 6, it's 300 usd on ebay brand new
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.