[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2
File: 78af06ee52a35e2c8cf02905c3aeb1e4.png (131 KB, 2000x1209) Image search: [Google]
78af06ee52a35e2c8cf02905c3aeb1e4.png
131 KB, 2000x1209
What you think about Tor Browser?
>>
File: edfgf54wg54wg677.jpg (116 KB, 426x542) Image search: [Google]
edfgf54wg54wg677.jpg
116 KB, 426x542
>>51521095
It's dead.
>>
>much anonemos
>such privacy
>>
Hahahah, no. Just curiosity :)
>>
>>51521095
it became mainstream now that youtubers and such people are active on it. its more of an attraction instead of a browser
>>
>>51521095
ilusion of privacy,
but t o r itself is ok
>>
It is just horrible and you should never, ever use it for anything.
>>
>>51523534
why is it horrible? why shouldnt I use it? this comment of yours is shit
>>
>>51521095
It could be much more secure(even my default non-security oriented browser profile is much more secure) but:
>too confusing for new players

so there is no point in using it.
>>
>>51521095
it has javascript enabled by default, which is a big nono. javascript is the devil, it will land you in prison very easily.

make sure you disable that first before doing anything.

make sure you use noscript to disable all plugins too.

other than that, you're good to go.
>>
>>51524649
>other than that, you're good to go

No you're a fucking retard, there are tons of(some of which are very important) about:config changes you should make as well as more addons like cookie destroyer, refcontrol, policeman etc.

Don't post your opinion here ever again.
>>
>>51524692
You don't need any of that shit.

Cookie destroyer? Why the fuck would you need that when you shouldn't be allowing cookies in the first place?

RefControl? That's useless. That's just so other sites don't know where you came from. It's not going to compromise your security. If anything, it should be disabled in about:config.

You shouldn't be use ANY additional extensions aside from Noscript/Https everywhere. The more you have, the bigger your fingerprint.

Now fuck off child.
>>
>>51524920
>Cookie destroyer? Why the fuck would you need that when you shouldn't be allowing cookies in the first place?
>RefControl? That's useless. That's just so other sites don't know where you came from. It's not going to compromise your security. If anything, it should be disabled in about:config.

Holy shit are you retarded, you obviously need cookies for any websites where there is authentication(forums etc), which is a large percent of DarkNet websites. The same with referrers, some sites use the referrer when you're making a post or something along those lines and without it anything requiring that will no longer function.(such as sites using tinyboard/vichan)

So the proper use would be to set refcontrol to forge the referrer to be coming from the root of the site on every site you can.(sites such as 4chan will work this way without sending the actually referrer, but will not work with no referrer) And making a whitelist of sites which utilize your referrer.

>You shouldn't be use ANY additional extensions aside from Noscript/Https everywhere.
No you really should, Noscript/Https everywhere does not solve even close to all of the potential problems a few more addons and about:config changes will fix. Do you even know what a websocket is?

>The more you have, the bigger your fingerprint.
You have no idea what this means.

>Now fuck off child.
Holy shit you insecure faggot go away.
>>
>>51524692
>more addons like cookie destroyer, refcontrol, policeman
dude, you don't use any addons on the tor browser other than what it comes with. it runs the risk of have you identified and can break your anonymity. I just turn cookies off and enable them manually and do any changes in about:config that is necessary.
>>
>>51525133
>it runs the risk of have you identified and can break your anonymity

You and that other retard have no fucking idea what browser fingerprinting means/is and how it is done. Educate yourself.
>>
>>51525166
you're an idiot.
>>
>>51525198
>you don't agree with my unsubstantiated views
>hurr you're a dummy

You deserve to get v&, dumbass.
>>
>>51525235
you shouldn't use other than what it comes with because you run the risk of making yourself unique and easier to identify

>you deserve to get v&, dumbass
using tor is legal and I don't use it to buy drugs.
>>
>>51525166
I've been running tor browser since 2009, with only my advice.

Either your autism tier paranoid or simply don't know the nonsense you're spouting.
>>
>>51525304
>>51525290
>Hello my name is: /g/ - cancer
>>
>>51525304
>simply don't know the nonsense you're spouting.
it's pretty much this. he probably thinks hes some master hacker and knows everything.
>>
Tor is a good software desu.
>>
>>51525331
>giving advice for a serious concern is cancer
>>
>>51525356
>Being so seriously retarded that even though you have no idea what you're actually talking about you just can't let go
>>
>>51525390
0/10. just stop now.
>>
>>51525410
0/10. enjoy your websockets, phonehomes and other BS you can't protect against with your pleb setup.

>ever trying help retards on /g/
I sure hope this as a troll.
>>
Websites have no way of telling what addons you are using, unless you go full retard and start install a shitload of crap addons that change how your browser communicates with websites your fingerprtint doesn't change.
>>
>>51525455
The point is, the more addons you use, the more likely one of them can be vulnerable and open to exploits.

http://superuser.com/questions/137931/can-websites-see-my-firefox-addons
>>
>>51523534
>>51524536
>>51524587
>>51524649
>>51524692
>>51524920
>>51525075
>>51525133
>>51525166
>>51525198
>>51525235
>>51525290
>>51525304
>>51525331
>>51525337
>>51525356
>>51525390
>>51525410
>>51525442
>>51525455
>>51525536

Well, this thread proves to me that I cant trust it or /g/ to help with tor use. Can you all agree on anything? Are your setups based on real experience? Did you just happen on the setups from other users? Where did you gain your knowledge on how to set the security or your setup? How about trying to prove your setups instead of bitching antrying to prove each other wrong with zero evidence arguments.
>>
>>51525536
>The point is, the more addons you use, the more likely one of them can be vulnerable and open to exploits.
no it doesn't you fucking faggot. There is a lot of useful addons to protect your anonymity, get the fuck back to reddit you tech illiterate.
>>
>>51525564
>using more addons doesn't lead to being more vulnerable
Alright, you're retarded.
Done here.
>>
>>51525536
No shit, that's why I said "a shitload of crap addons", a local cookie destroyer or a referrer scrubber doesn't contribute to your fingerprint, just because you are retarded and don't know what addons compromise your privacy and which one don't you shouldn't go around spreading FUD and missinformation
>>
>>51525560
>Where did you gain your knowledge on how to set the security or your setup?
culmination of years of tor guides and tech experts.

>How about trying to prove your setups
and how are we supposed to do that?
its not like there's a site which tests for every known NSA/FBI exploit
>>
>>51525581
no. you're retarded. go back to fucking reddit and stop polluting /g/, you fucking cancer.
>>
>>51525560
https://amiunique.org/
https://panopticlick.eff.org/
>>
>>51525635
Just asking for you all to post some evidence to prove yourself. Link to an article or a guide that is useful. I came here to learn how to use tor safely and all I got out of the first part of this was a sense that I should look elsewhere.
>>
>>51525688
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/how-the-nsa-or-anyone-else-can-crack-tors-anonymity
>>
>>51525688
To add to the link, the NSA controls most of the Nodes nowadays as well.
>>
>>51525688
See
>>51525654

Most of the fingerprinting comes from HTTP headers and shit plugins like javascript and flash happily sharing details about your system like non-system fonts, which are usually unique to each computer.
>>
>>51525740
dat FUD

Hello there, NSA agent
>>
>>51525740
they can't see the data if the site is using HTTPS. once 100% of the web is encrypted the NSA will have to find a new way to track tor users.
>>
>>51525713
>downloading 100+mb files from .onion sites
shiggy
>>
>>51525649
Polluting /g/. Seriously? You're worried about this crap?
>>
>>51525908
I said fuck off. you don't know what you're talking about. using the default setup is fucking retarded, why do we even tolerate fags like you?
>>
>>51525740
I work in tech so I am aware of the exit nodes and the concept of how all this works. Just looking to protect against the nongovermental criminals. I am already in the system from having worked for the goverment and serving in the military so I am not so much worried about hiding from them.
>>
>>51525560
Tor is just as anything else on the Internet heavily dependent on trust. You either trust it enough to use it by reading up about it or you simply don't.
>>
>>51526155
or you can stop being a fucking dumbass
>>
>>51526174
You know I think that's exactly what this person is saying. How is telling others to educate themselves being a dumb ass exactly? Leave if you have nothing to useful to contribute.
>>
>>51526334
you have nothing useful to contribute. I'm surrounded by a bunch of dumbass children who think that using addons to protect your privacy is a bad thing.
>>
>>51526353
I had no idea I was in the presence of such a haxxor leit. You must have Hackers and War Games on repeat in your personal TOR exit node server super rouer switch farm.Please if you could be so kind grand king kong mega wizard drop so smal fragment of useable knowledge on me.
>>
>>51525075
I'm not the person you are upset at, but I'd like to point out that WebSockets will NOT reveal your IP address through Tor Browser.
>>
>>51526538
>WebSockets will NOT reveal your IP address through Tor Browser.
yes it will you fucking idiot. why do I even bother helping shit like you.
>>
>>51526550
The websockets vulnerability was fixed 3 years ago, FUD-kun
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.