[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Region free Blu-ray?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Blu_ray_icon.png (132 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Blu_ray_icon.png
132 KB, 512x512
Is there a relatively cheap and easy way to get around the region-locking of blu-ray players and discs?

I've looked around online but can find surprisingly little information on this. Perhaps I'm looking the wrong way and/or in the wrong places but all I seem to come across is forums with links to ridiculously expensive players which come region-free out of the factory.

I have basically no knowledge when it comes to this, so any relevant information would be greatly appreciated.
>>
I never looked into it because I don't buy many blu rays and the ones I do work fine in my player, but how about something like this http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BD-F5700E-Region-Blu-Ray-Player/dp/B00GR9CP88
>>
>>51520411
try some chink stores. BR region locking on big name players generally cannot be undone now a days, chink brands can be simply manufactured without. You see the "standards board" of blu ray members are a combination of manufacturors ( Samsung is one ) and movie labels. So just avoid them all together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc_Association
>>
>>51520411
Wait, disc-based media still has region locking?

It's like they want people to pirate.
>>
>>51520709
actually they want to jew and dont want people to pirate. closing territories enables europe market pricing and asia pacific market pricing to subsidize USA market prices lower in hopes of over all more sales since logistically USA is the best market to shill in, for ease of transportation vs consumer buy power. region / territories, same shit , same jewing.
>>
>>51520738
example:
i sell 250k of product valued $300 in europe for $450
i sell 100K of product valued $300 in asia pacific for $500
i now take $50 from those 350k purchases and apply it to a 350k volume of US product with $450 price point. I'm selling that shit for $400 in uncle sam f.a.m to get that market penetration.
>>
>>51520411

I used to have a shitty walmart branded standard DVD player that had a hidden menu that would disable the region lock.
>>
AnyDVD. Everything else is faggotry.
>>
http://www.makemkv.com/

It's free if you use the beta key on the forum.

Always rip before playing, and of course, never buy DRM encumbered media unless you know you can decrypt it.
>>
>>51520411
>get computer with blu ray player
>install mcp-hd
>>
>>51521273
>Not free as in freedom
I understand this might be the only option on linux, but I'd rather not rely on proprietary software.

I still buy dvds for that reason and refuse to buy blurays until they can be ran easily under linux with only free software.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.