[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>after four years of work start studying >now two months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1420213589935.jpg (797 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1420213589935.jpg
797 KB, 3840x2160
>after four years of work start studying
>now two months in
>realize it is too easy and not the real thing i wanted to do
>get depressive as fuck
>don't know if it is either winter blue or because of uni

what do I do now? Do I quit studying and go back to work?
>>
What do you do for work and how much more school do you need for what degree
>>
>>51518377
I was a networkadmin before and started computer engineering now. Because I just started in october, I need like 3 more years to finish with a bachelor degree
>>
>>51518354
university can be soul crushing because you know you will be in there a long ass time before it becomes useful, i'd say stick with it but its up to you, a lot of people say higher education isn't worth it nowadays.
>>
>>51518354
>>51518387
Suck it up and power through. I literally don't know any of the people at my job that went back to school (work paid for bachelors/masters at a discount) that regretted finishing their degrees (engineering company).
You gotta pay your dues man. Once you get that degree money becomes... much better, in my experience anyway.
>>
>>51518413
That's what I am curious about. Not sure if I can work my way up without that degree. Currently I do think it's possible. I just need a lot or certifications (which shouldn't be too hard)
>>
>>51518427
I guess I gotta sleep a few days over it and then evaluate new.
>>
Dude, take advantage of all the fun shit you can do during your time at uni.

Study abroad in Japan for a year or something. A good uni won't have you pay extra.

Tutor kids, they usually pay okay.

Live on campus if you can.
>>
Get yourself into a deep enough depression to get autismbux. NEET life is best life.
>>
>too easy
>not what i wanted to do
>2 months into 4 year program
nobody says they like any engineering when they have to take the first couple physics, chem, and math classes. it gets better. try to get involved with a club or undergrad research so you can do hands on stuff.
>>
It's pretty boring in the first semester - it's all the easy subjects. Try getting special consideration and pick harder subjects instead of the shitty cores.
>>
>>51518446
>Dude, take advantage of all the fun shit you can do during your time at uni.
>Study abroad in Japan for a year or something.
I don't know man, I am not even interested in all that shit. My only intention to start studying was to get a better degree and then have better job opportunities, not sure if it's woth it though.
>>
>>51518472
It's not worth it if you're just there to get higher pay. I'd rather just get RHCE certified and try to get that RHCA for maximum sysadmin bucks. I'm a developer though.
>>
>>51518489
Since I've been a network admin and was pretty used to cisco shit I thought, that if I should get back to work now, I'd work my way up in the cisco certificates, which should be enough. Should take about the same time as university, I guess.
>>
It sucks, but you've got to remember this course has to start with the assumption no one knows anything. Just pick up a hobby on the side, perhaps start some small project to keep you occupied.

>shitposting is a hobby
>>
>>51518596
>Just pick up a hobby on the side
I do have a hobby: motocross
Somehow I guess that's related to my depressions. If I don't get my adrenalin every fuckin week I feel like shit.
>>
>>51518472
>My only intention to start studying was to get a better degree and then have better job opportunities

That hasn't been the case for about 20 years now.
>>
do american university's not give you credits towards a degree if you have significant work experience? Its very common in Australia to have as much as a full year taken off
>>
>>51518635
I am in germany and I dont know
>>51518626
So I should just work my way up? I have a pretty good german degree with my work stuff.
>>
If it's too easy ace it and have fun. If you can easily switch maybe consider that, if the thing you are switching to would have better prospects. Work on side projects.
>>
>>51518446
Don't do what this moron is suggesting. College isn't for fun, it's for fucking learning and bettering yourself. You can drink yourself to the point of blacking out and being a retard later. Don't pay for "an experience" bullshit the idiots are trying to sell you on.
>>
>>51518657
i have no experience in any of this so my advice probably shouldnt be taken

but if you are genuinely interested in the subject and want to pursue it as a career then carry on studying, if not and its just for more money then working for those 4 years will probably be more beneficial
>>
>>51518354
Don't know how it's like in your country, but over here in Po(or)land you can attend weekend classes at the university. So I did just that. I work full-time and study weekends.
>>
>>51519525

This

Man fuck this thread, if you're bored then drop it. Focus on what interests you.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.