[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /g/ opinion on ips displays? Are they worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
What's /g/ opinion on ips displays? Are they worth it?
>>
>>51515796
yes.
/thread
>>
>>51515796
IPS is a requirement for me in a monitor now. It's an incredibly noticeable difference. If you want to know just how much, get an IPS monitor and use it alongside your old monitor. It will be visibly jarring switching to the old shitty display.
>>
I got the cheapest IPS monitor I could find and it was an AOC for $135.

Colors are crisp and way better than my old monitor, but it's so fucking bright. Even with online calibration help I still needed to use flux just to stop it from killing my eyes at night.
>>
>>51515796
yes
>>
>>51515796
Worth it over TN, but they still have terrible black levels so I'm sticking with CRTs until OLED is here
>>
>>51516104
Op here. I've done a bit of research on displays and basically, all I know is TN and ips panels along side with native and dynamic black to white ratios. Every monitor seems to be dynamic which disappoints me
>>
>>51516390
>Every monitor seems to be dynamic which disappoints me
And on most, if not all, of them you can disable dynamic contrast.
Some monitors (namely Ultrasharp and the like) you have to go out of your way to enable that shit.
>>
>>51516104
>not using a 4K 55" OLED TV as main display
toppleb
>>
>>51515937
Do ips panels not have brightness controls built in?
>>
>>51516486
>constant color shift over time
>>
>>51516566
epic meme
>>
>>51516537
They do. I spent probably 20 minutes adjusting the settings for contrast, color, and brightness and got fed up with it so I looked for optimal calibrations online.

I think it's just a really bright monitor. Great for dimmer games though.
>>
>>51515796
Non IPS LCD/LED monitors are basically eyecancer in comparison.
>>
>>51515796
i'm waiting on OLED monitors, they will have the superior picture by far
>>
Bought a 144hz BenQ TN monitor a few years back and really don't have any use for 144hz now that I'm full productivity mode. Any recommendations for a IPS monitor that won't shatter my wallet? 1440p+ would be a massive plus.
>>
>>51515796
Good to have one along with a good TN.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.