[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have came across some free PC parts and I plan on making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
So I have came across some free PC parts and I plan on making a "best bang for the buck" build out of it.

Here is what I have so far.

-AMD Phenom II X6 1075T (Non black, locked multiplier)
-Semi busted motherboard (will not post 70% of the time)
-4Gb 1333MHz PQI RAM
-ATI Radeon 5770 1Gb
-700W shitty Cyberpower brand PSU
-1Tb slow as fuck SSHD
-No case

So what should be my priority to upgrade? Is buying an outdated motherboard? Can the six core Phenom hang?

Ideally I want to increment it into a PC that can outperform my laptop and play games maxed when it can't (4710HQ, 960M).
>>
That hardware is miles behind your laptop. It's not worth spending any money upgrading it.
>>
>>51513930
Start with a new CPU, mobo, and RAM.
>>
>>51514006
basically just build a new computer
>>
>>51514020
You can keep the RAM.
>>
>>51513990
>>51514020

Yeah I know. I want to increment it until it is all new. But I cannot afford to build a whole new desktop at once right now.

Would the Phenom be more of a bottleneck than the 5770 at the beginning though? I thought some Phenom's outperformed FX 6300s.
>>
>>51514055
The 5770 is going to be more of a bottleneck for sure. You could start with a gpu upgrade.
>>
>>51514075
this. then double your RAM so long as your mobo supports more than 4gb.

you'll be able to play most non shitty games flawlessly without needing to upgrade your CPU.

getting a second 5770 if you can would be the most cost effective with the largest performance boost.

>>51514037
a trip user who isn't a shitposter?
never thought i'd see the day
>>
>>51514206
lurk more
>>
>>51514037
5770's are decent for HTPC's
>>
>>51513930
Upgrade the GPU first, then SSD/HDD

Upgrade CPU/Mobo last
>>
Depending on your budget a used AMD 7950 or 7970 would be the best way to increase gaming performance, that may be bottlenecked by your CPU, but it shouldn't be too bad. Just make sure the gpu has a warranty as many of those cards were tortured with bitcoin mining. After a gpu maybe the storage or additional RAM. Then a new CPU and mobo (maybe xen will be released by then).
>>
>>51513930
Mobo, GPU, RAM in that order

No point in upgrading the GPU if the mobo is going to fail soon.

And to the keks saying to upgrade the CPU, you fell for the upgrade meme, cpu's haven't improved since sandy bridge
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.