[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Signature -Reference-Class-Premium
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 81cDwtRq0qL._SL1500_[1].jpg (121 KB, 807x1500) Image search: [Google]
81cDwtRq0qL._SL1500_[1].jpg
121 KB, 807x1500
http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Signature-Reference-Class-Premium-Headphones/dp/B004444OFK

List Price: $479.00
Price: $169.95 & FREE Shipping. Details
You Save: $309.05 (65%)

Holy fuck, is there any reason not to get these?
>>
They are normally around $210-190

that price isn't bad, the lowest they have ever been was $10 cheaper.
>>
>>51513629
Fuck, I though I was getting a $500 headphone. How are they compared to a HD558?
>>
>>51513654
Better overall. They would be more comparable to the HD 598. More acurate, slightly wider soundstage.

I have had the K701 in the past, I currently have AKG K712. I have also owned HD555 and HD600.

I personally prefer the K712 out of all of them, but you cant really go wrong with any of these headphones either, all are going to be better than what most people have.
>>
>>51513654
That's a common trick. Gotta use a price tracker like camelcamelcamel to be sure.
I personally preferred the 612, the 712 is a reasonable alternative.

Massdrop has a variant of 712 on sale, the K7XX. Maybe they have some ready at the moment. Note that Massdrop is really slow with shipping, think on the scale of weeks to more than a month.
>>
>>51513781
>K712
I think you meant K701 or K702, as the K712 is ~$320. The K712s are fairly different (much more bass).

K7XX are K702s. NOT K712.
>>
>>51513781
>>51513749
>>51513858
Are they more bass heavy then the 588s?
>>
They are a good option for the price. You might need an amp though.
>>
>>51513883
all K7__ headphones have natural bass (i.e. not fake/boosted) that will be apparent depending on how much juice you put into the headset
>>
>>51513858
I was ignoring price for that comparison and stating my preference in the absolute.
7XX is advertised as a 702 anniversary, and I don't know of differences between K712 and 702 anniversary edition.
>>
>>51513953
>I don't know of differences between K712 and 702 anniversary edition
slightly different drivers. They have a different part number. They both use the better memory foam earpads though.
>>
What are some good alternates to the Sony MDR-V6? As in 50~ bucks headphones. Can't find them here in Germoney Had the v55 previously but they broke
>>
>>51513922
That's just all wrong and sounds like something you read from Head-Fi. Most of them exhibit significant roll off and the K712 is warm sounding because of the large amount of bass it has relative to the rest of the frequency response spectrum. It's also colored as fuck in the mids compared to the rest of the K7 series and especially compared to the most accurate AKG, the K612.

Amplification is not frequency dependent in any other way except for voltage division which is directly related to the impedance to frequency curve and the relative difference of the Zout and Zload. In other words, amplification does fuck all for bass itself or any other vague range of frequencies which you could generalize like that.

The resonant frequency of most electrodynamic drivers is around 100Hz and that is true for most AKGs, too. That is the frequency where impedance spikes up and the frequency where you need least current to drive the headphones loudly. The impedance curve of the AKGs in question is really flat so this really isn't something to consider with them. Near zero Zout is always good though, for even voltage division and for good damping. Those AKGs are rather insensitive so they might need an amp.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.