[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this place deserve the hype my friends give it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Does this place deserve the hype my friends give it?
>>
Certain items, yea, others, not so much. Basically just like any other store.
>>
Generally, yeah. They tend to have a lot of good sales on CPUs.
>>
It's basically a brick and mortar version of Newegg, pre marketplace bullshit.
>>
They have some good "in store" deals. Bought a 4790k for 179
>>
they sometimes have like these flash deals, i live like 5 mi away from on and i am randomly browsing the store and an worker is like, "for hthe next week that's" 50$ less we forgot that in our newsletter or some other shit, i got a fx-8370e 16 gb evga ram and a gigabyte 990fx motherboard for all around $250 new in June this year
>>
>>51513566

Yes.
>>
I would advise buying your motherboard and processor there, but that's about it. You can other components for cheaper online. They still charge $60 for 8gb of RAM there.
>>
I mean it's a retail store that sells electronics. I don't know how you can hype a store for selling generic stuff like that, but to the extent that it satisfies the urgent "I need a fucking PSU right now, and might need to come back for a new motherboard" use case, yeah it lives up to the hype.

But I live near a few Fry's locations, and for my money Fry's is arguably better (I can't put into words how bad service is at Fry's though. Whereas I would only describe Micro Center employees as "lacking in the quality of helpfulness", Fry's employees seem to have been lobotomized, and then trained with what little cognitive function they have left to be actively unhelpful).
>>
>>51513566
As far as trying out mechs, it's a tiny bit better than your local Best Buy.

But it's basically your computer based Radio Shack nowadays. In my case I really needed to get a m-f hdmi connector within 6 hours and they had it available. But basically it has nothing too special but nice things for you to see to judge what you'd want to assemble for yourself.
>>
>>51513566
Depends on what. For pricing on components, definitely. On peripherals, not so much. You will still find good deals on them, but they aren't as common from my experience.
>>
They generally have the lowest prices. Not always, but they price match if not.

You can put your order together online and pick it up in store hassle free.
>>
>>51513566

Yes
>>
CPU prices in store are great, usually also have good bundle deals with a motherboard.

GPUs are overpriced and you should look for a deal online instead.

For trying out mech keyboards they are decent, but you can probably find a better price online.

They usually have decent deals instore on cases, and sometimes PSUs.
>>
>>51513566
Definitely yes.

They will shortly put Newegg out of business. Despite it's volume (and just like Amazon), Newegg hardly makes any profit is pretty fucked. I feel bad for anybody who bought an extended warranty...the company won't be there to take action once it's bankrupt.
>>
>>51515800
This. They have good cpu mobo combo deals. Buy your ssd , gpu and psu online.
>>
>>51515996
They have some good in-store SSD deals if you keep an eye out.

It's a really nice store to have nearby when you need to grab something and don't feel like ordering online.
>>
fuck no, Frys beats the piss outta microcenter. LA looking at your store.
>>
>>51515811

I work at frys because they hired me right off the bat. I'm pretty worried by how fast I'm climbing the ranks just for knowing what I'm talking about...
>>
THESE STORES SELL BAWLS
BUY BAWLS IN BULK
BAWLS IS GOOD
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.