[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Java or C#? Which is better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: javalogo.png (39 KB, 518x518) Image search: [Google]
javalogo.png
39 KB, 518x518
Java or C#? Which is better?
>>
>>51513446
Why do Java Programmers wear glasses?

Because they don't C#.
>>
>>51513459
ayy
>>
>>51513459
Huh? Tons of people wear glasses not just nerds. Also, I'm pretty sure Java guys aren't nerds. I would know.
>>
C# is better because more modern.
>>
>>51513675
I really you're not that retarded. Try reading it out loud.
>C#
>>
C# is way more comfy. I know that's not an objective metric or anything but I'll be damned if I don't love the hell out of it.
>>
>>51513704
Oh haha such a funny joke. BECUZ THEY DONT SEE HASHTAG! xDDDDD.

Yep, you got me dude. I'm just a hipster who uses Twitter 24/7.
>fuck off
>>
>>51513446
C# is a better language, bit the JVMs are a better, more consistent runtime.

All java features are part of the language. Many of the advanced C# features are provided by compiler and runtime plugins that are not platform agnostic.

Also, most of java is open source, whereas most of C# is not. C# can't be trusted for infrastructure code because Microsoft can't be trusted to not screw over licensees with needless changes every 3 years.
>>
>>51513751
It's not 'hashtag', it's 'sharp'. You know, like the musical symbol?
>>
>>51513758
Last time I checked, wasn't Microsoft planning on opening up the .NET platform source? Whatever happened with that?
>>
>>51513773
Nigga aint 2 #
>>
>>51513751
>this post
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: images.png (2 KB, 111x117) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2 KB, 111x117
>>51513773
># isn't a hashtag! It's a musical note!
Yeah go fuck off dude. I'm not 83, and I'm not in the mood right now. Go troll your mom instead.
>>
>>51513773
Then it would be C and not C#.
>>
>>51513446
i prefer c#, it is more simple to use and configure, and it is faster than java in my opinion.
>>
>>51513823
Eternal beta.

No integration with fcgi, apache, nginx, etc.

Does not work with xsp4 or mono

Standard Microsoft practice of "we'll totally do it right this time, guys"
>>
>>51513836
And what's wrong with Reddit again? At least they aren't trying to EPICALLY TROLLLL HEHEHE! 24/7 like you fucks.

And guess what? I didn't take the bait either. So the joke's on fucking you.
>>
>>51513857
Sweetheart, please

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_Sharp_(programming_language)
>>
>>51513864
Cute, moottwo filtered musical symbols into nothing.
>>
>>51513758
Your last paragraph is out of date, home.

>>51513823
It is. Roslyn, the core runtime, and all that jazz are libre on github, and the full framework source is browseable online, though not libre.

But yeah, C# is a vastly superior language. Groovy is a good alternative if you want/need the JVM, at least they're trying to make up for Java's shortcomings.
>>
>>51513887
Jimmy please get up here. Dinner's ready.
>>
>>51513889
Yeah how about no. I'm a CS teacher at the college level who teaches Java to kids. I think I would know these things better than you.

I'm not clicking your troll link, but that just goes to show why I never let my students use Wikipedia as a source. Any retard like you can change it.
>>
>>51513946
Have a Microsoft troll link too:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kx37x362.aspx

"C# (pronounced "C sharp") is a programming language that is designed for building a variety of applications that run on the .NET Framework"
>>
File: 1430493639087.jpg (25 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1430493639087.jpg
25 KB, 228x221
>>51513751
LE REDDIT BANTZ
>>
>>51513914
.net core is not the same as .net, even according to MS
>>
File: meem.gif (259 KB, 267x400) Image search: [Google]
meem.gif
259 KB, 267x400
>>51513946
>I'm a CS teacher
>I Have a retard level IT course
>And I'm teaching the next generation how to be a ignorant retard all the same.
>>
>>51513967
I actually clicked that this time, and holy shit you are a fucking retard.

You realize that hacking is actually illegal right? DDOSing Microsoft might be a joke to a kid like you, but it's not a joke to the FBI. They will catch you, and you will be charged with felony wire fraud + felony vandalism.

Frankly I don't feel too bad for you given the shit you've thrown at me.
>>
>>51513977
Yes, but the non-core stuff is pretty much all Windows-specific, like IIS integration, WinForms/WPF, Universal apps, etc.
>>
>>51514039
>>51513967
Haha alright that was a good one. I actually didn't notice it said "msdn.microsoft.com" instead of "microsoft.com".

Well congratulations you didn't throw away your future yet. Was it worth it though? Registering and creating a website just to fuck with me? God you kids these days are completely senseless.
>>
>>51514040
You mean 80% of all .net code.
>>
File: 1440619314801.jpg (191 KB, 1600x1584) Image search: [Google]
1440619314801.jpg
191 KB, 1600x1584
>>51513946
>>51514039
>>51514096
Last edit on that Wikipedia page was from November 19th. Check the edit history. It's been C Sharp since the page was created. I know this is bait, but I'm honestly curious how you'll talk your way out of these things. Oh, also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Developer_Network
>>
>>51514242
>>51514096
Please stop trolling each other and shut up.

>>51514123
Basically. Point is, it's still useless for people interested in .NET on other platforms.
>>
>>51514242
Whoa kid you're really persistant. Too bad I don't care. Maybe you should have put that sort of effort into school and you could have become a teacher like me.

I'm not clicking anymore of your xDDDD TROLE links, but you really shouldn't fuck with Wikipedia. It really pisses me off to see you feeding other people misinformation... people who actually try and want to make it in life.

I'm going to put all of this in my next lecture when Thanksgiving break ends in case any of my students read your garbage. At least they're going to learn the right way to pronounce it. You might not understand this since you never graduated high school, but in the real world accuracy matters. So seriously fuck off.
>>
Java and the JVM is the best platform right now.

With Microsoft going more open source, in five years, we'll see. Possibility that .NET and C# may overtake Java.
>>
>>51513870

Good thing you prefaced that with "in your opinion", because it certainly doesn't hold up in actual practice or based on bench marked evidence.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.