[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you have experience distributing malware? It looks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: rms.jpg (57 KB, 605x400) Image search: [Google]
rms.jpg
57 KB, 605x400
Do any of you have experience distributing malware? It looks pretty easy, as far as I can see.

>take a version of a windows activator or a pirated game
>add your own malicious code(bot, miner, keylogger, etc)
>publish it on multiple public trackers

This would work especially well with Linux games since most Linux users believe their systems to be immune to malware.
>>
File: glasses.jpg (22 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
glasses.jpg
22 KB, 600x338
>>51508343
>work well with Linux games
Too bad there isn't any
>>
just make daily general threads on /g/
>>
>>51508373
niceme.me

In all seriousness distributing Linux viruses would have much success, but making them is the touch part. On ELF-based systems, dynamic linking is completely fucked.
>>
>>51508343
do you have any experience making malware?
didnt think so.
>>
>>51508373
http://blog.emsisoft.com/2014/12/12/march-attack-of-the-penguins-linux-turla-edition/

>>51508343
senpai that's taking the long road

the average internet user is functionally retarded. social engineering is where it's at
>>
>>51508438
No, but I have experience programming, particularly in networking.
>>
>>51508343
Fuck off OP. If you are capable of writing and distributing malware, and you choose to do so; you are waisting your potential.
>>
>>51508496
you cant start a virus in linux as easily as you can in windows.
if you can get them to run it as admin it one thing, but unlike in windows(how all they have to do is open it) it will just dissapear after reboot.

if you want to do some stupid shit like delete their music and nothing else you could get by.. but as for having backdoors you wont be as sucessfull as you would be if you targeted windows.
>>
I often encourage people to install optional 3rd party software.
>>
>>51510575
You could've just said "Windows"
>>
>>51508343
> thinking Linux users are stupid enough to get anything from those services

kill yourself faggot
>>
File: 8e0.jpg (24 KB, 680x522) Image search: [Google]
8e0.jpg
24 KB, 680x522
>>51508343
>>
File: 1448246822629.jpg (28 KB, 500x395) Image search: [Google]
1448246822629.jpg
28 KB, 500x395
>>51510517
Linux shill>>51510517
>>
>>51510746
What is this bait image inspired from?
>>
>>51508343
Malware in Linux can only work as far as the user account permissions allows. Also, SE Linux reporting in.
>>
>>51508343
GNU/Linux users download their software from the package manager so good luck there. Running shady exe files is a Windows thing.
>>
>>51510845
Looks like a Halo shield.
>>
>>51508343
Why do you want to do that? What is the point? Unless you run some criminal enterprise it is not worth hacking into others computers. The risk is too high. If you are a criminal then look up commercial exploit kits
>>
>>51510845
It's from tron: legacy.
>>
>>51510868
Regular Linux has exploits to gain root privileges, same as Windows.
>>
>>51511095
They normally get removed as soon as it is noticed. That's the point of open source. SE Linux means root exploits don't happen.
>>
>>51511095
Which get fixed all the time instead of once every decade, and good fucking luck finding one on your own. Moreover, the privilege escalation exploits typically rely on a specific software running on top of linux being improperly configured, while privilege escalation exploits on windows merely requires the OS to be installed.
>>
How about adding malware inside word macros?

Once I got "your have unpayed bills, open .doc file" and inside it said "enable macros to see total due"

The thing is it was actually from my electricity company, I got it the next month I signed up for electronic bills. I do believe theyre into selling private data. My bank is too.
>>
>>51511226
Be wary of header-forgred emails.
>>
>>51508343
yes, but why?
>>
>>51510874
People download from different mirrors, so if a mirror is compromised then...
>>
>>51511355
It doesn't matter because it's not trivial to forge signed packages. It's 2015, all the packages are signed.
>>
>>51508418
who would compile a virus with dynamic linking?
>>
>>51511133
>>51511140
These are the exploits that are patched, we don't know how many are found independently and kept secret.
>>
>>51511383
a lot of people
>>
I think you don't understand how active Linux is. If one person can find an exploit, then it's likely that a developer with the interest of furthering Linux is equally likely to find the same exploit.
>>
>>51511386
we also don't know how many of those exploits are found by more than one person making the work of the person who kept in secret the exploit worthless very fast.
>>
>>51510781
in what way am I shilling?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.