[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you browse 4chan at work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
How do you get away with it?
>>
>open browser
>select address bar
>type "4", it auto-completes
>press enter
>browse memes

You're welcome!
>>
>>51507857
this
>>
>>51507756
Easy, be on the networking team.
>>
>type "4", it auto-completes

botnet
>>
I don't browse 4chin at work. Typically I use my breaks to catch up on what is happening in the group chat my friends and I have, and make plans for after I am off work.
>>
It isn't blocked. Most normies don't know what 4chan even is and they aren't going to pay someone $50k a year to sit there reading the wageslaves url logs all day.
>>
Use yer fone
>>
File: CCxrwXsWgAACR5k.png (31 KB, 325x262) Image search: [Google]
CCxrwXsWgAACR5k.png
31 KB, 325x262
>>51508569
Thats exactly my job
>>
>>51507756
If I was caught browsing 4chan at work I would be crucified. Fired - immediately - then blacklisted for future employment. I don't even browse on my laptop while I'm home. I use an encrypted external HD and keep things as segregated as possible.

Browsing on my phone is simply an unacceptable risk. Even in RL when I encounter someone that is likely a /g/entooman I feign ignorance. It's never worth it
>>
>>51508581
same but no one has a problem with me using /g/
>>
>>51508684
Is this a legitimate reply? Can't tell anymore.
>>
>>51508730
Yes, that's the price of living in the bay area. Living a lie.
>>
>>51508684
how is using it on your phone a risk?
>>
>>51508744
Is this facade worth it?
>>
>>51508684
I caught a coworker browsing /a/ or one if the weaboo boards on his phone (big ass screen samsung or smth), he quickly minimised it and I just pretended I didnt see anything. The guy is in his forties, covered in tattoos and looks nothing like a weebo.
>>
>>51508744
Oh, right, because of 4chan's reputation with anti-women stuff.
Undeserved reputation, perhaps.
>>
>>51508756
Yes an no. It wears me down heavily every day. But I make a lot of money and save most of it too by living with 4 roommates and rarely eating out.

My main goal is to move back home to Spain, buy some farmland and live a quiet life. That's what keeps me going every day.

For those that think it can't be that quite bad, you haven't worked at my company. We are very high profile and integral to the industry. Dissenting; whether it's a twitter post or a rather innocous reference is enough to end you here.

>>51508755
At work unless I resort to using it in a restroom stall, always carries the risk of someone - anyone- walking behind you and seeing what is on your screen.
>>
Yeah.
>Line cook
>Spend breaks shitposting
or
>Morning prep
>Finish at all fast as fuck because muh prep drone exp
>Spend a good 30m shitposting
>>
>>51508519
Thanks for that unnecessary response
>>
>be me
>work data entry
>on laptop all day
>use internet for 99% of job
>have open tabs for work
>have open tabs for 4chan
>literally shitposting and getting paid for it
>>
>>51508893
Oh right yeah hey when you buy that farm can I come over and chill :3
>>
>logistics WO
>my jobs literally just keeping track of other DRU's property books
>get calls semi-regularly about removing, ordering, or changing something on property books
>most of the time I just show up at 9, nap through lunch
>my two underlings are great and take advantage of my laziness as much as I do theirs.
Of course I browse 4chan at work all the time, just on my phone or my laptop (if I bring it).
>>
>stupid, lazy IT technician
>shitpost on 4chan when I haven't been given a task
>>
>>51509152
pretty much but I would not consider be lazy cuz no people no work. Fuck thanksgiving is the best who is gonna want to fix there shit
>>
>have an extremely reactionary job as a systems engineer
>lots of shitposting
>>
>>51507756

On my phone. Nobody gives a fuck, just can't use work PC due to stupid net restrictions.

I've gotta suck up to one of the admins
>>
>>51508813

Dave? I thought you fucking noticed.
>>
I do. I just stick to the sfw boards.
No one cares. Most don't even know what it is.
>>
Buy Thinkpad.
Install Gentoo.
Install Lynx.
Navigate to: 104.16.68.203
Shitpost.
>>
File: laughingjake.gif (559 KB, 400x276) Image search: [Google]
laughingjake.gif
559 KB, 400x276
>>51508569
>implying $50k isn't wageslave-tier
>>
>>51509388
Error 1003 • 2015-11-24 19:50:04 UTC
Direct IP access not allowed
>>
I did but realized it's not worth getting canned because some edgelord posted cp in a thread
>>
>>51509388
must be fun viewing an image board in a text browser
>>
I do at work on downtime.
Downtime is anytime I don't have someone nagging at me to be their emotional rag.
My real job is doing contracts for new clients.

I work in storage. The job is nothing but downtime.
I'm able to browse without care because I'm the manager and my boss is across the country.

There's nothing to do here, period.
>>
>>51507756
Get a Unix shell account somewhere.

Connect to shell account from work using ssh.

Use Lynx to read 4chan.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.