[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Custom ROMs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2015-11-24-11-13-49.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-24-11-13-49.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
What custom ROMs does /g/ use? I fell for the Galaxy S6 meme a while ago and have been stuck with touchjizz ever since.
TFW no cyanogenmod ;(
>>
>>51506528
I take the OEM updates and rip all of the bloatware and manufacturer shit out of them. They work fine, as long as it isn't a heavily-modified image. I'm basically running a stock Android image on a Droid Turbo right now, with insane battery life.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-24-10-33-22.png (712 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-24-10-33-22.png
712 KB, 1080x1920
I just switched to a gpe ROM for my HTC One (m8). Feels good to have 0 bloatware and no redundant apps.
>>
What's a good rom for Nexus 6?
>>
>>51506824
Requesting one for Nexus 5. Pls help /g/
>>
No matter what ROM, there will always be problems with it like random reboot, SOD, never-ending wakelocks, etc
>>
Someone please recommend ROM for G3.
>>
>>51507025
My custom rom doesn't have this issue?
>>
>>51507065
CYANOGENMOD YOU DONKEY!

(or just browse xda)

>tfw you dont know how to use google
>>
>>51506722
Chrome and hangouts are bloatware you fag.
>>
>>51506839
Stock Xposed is actually really good if you don't mind using alpha/beta software. If not, Cyanogenmod is always the safest bet. I heard dirty unicrons is pretty good though.

You can always just check around on XDA and look for a ROM that suits your needs and has what you need/want.
>>
>>51507459
Just end your life quickly sehmpie
>>
honestly cyanogenmod isn't that bad, i use it as my day to day driver and have no complaints, the best part of android is that no matter what rom you use you can always grab a feature that you like from another rom as an apk file
>>
>>51506528
>THE CURRENT YEAR
>/g/ has became a generation of people that use lagdroid AND indian made buggy firmwares

What the fuck happened?
>>
ARTMOD (Sense 7 custom ROM) on my M7.. what can I say, I actually love Sense
>>
>>51507596
Why would anyone besides a tech-illiterate use iOS or Wangblows? They're huge botnets. At least with android I can uninstall all the botnet shit and put a firewall over everything else on the system. With iOS, you're just selling your data to Applel, and can't do a single thing about it.

Oh and, eating shit out of your hands and stuff. Funny memes.
>>
File: nokia_n9_review_sg_571-820x420.jpg (77 KB, 820x420) Image search: [Google]
nokia_n9_review_sg_571-820x420.jpg
77 KB, 820x420
>>51507670
Unlike you I actually have class to use something decent, free AND that doesn't lag
>>
>>51507692
why is FFC in bottom right corner?
>>
>>51507692
Yeah, that's Windows Phone... Just as botnet as the rest, and lacks developer support out the ass. I guess the benefit is that less people will target you because no one makes exploits for something no one has?
>>
>>51507734
it's not windows phone, it's MeeGo (even worse..)
>>
File: nokia-n9-homescreen-apps.jpg (130 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
nokia-n9-homescreen-apps.jpg
130 KB, 1024x768
>>51507734
It's not a windows phone? Shows your level of ignorance when it comes to good tech
>>
>>51507769
>good tech
sure think, OS dead 4 years ago, used by 2, maybe 3 phones, not even that great when it was new
>>
>>51507769
just let this fucking meme die already it was good when it was out its shit now, get over it.
>>
>>51507769
>Facebook

B- Botnet!
>>
>>51507459
Lol fast and efficient SMS with no shitty adds and easily customized/optimized with xposed. Chrome is one of the best browser's on the platform for speed and compatibility.

Great b8 and all through.
>>
>>51507995
Why not Lightning Browser, then? It's just Chrome with all of the Google crap stripped from it. Should technically be even faster because of this.
>>
someone recommend a custom rom for lg g stylo? is base rom ok?
>>
>>51506722
How's everything else in that ROM ?
>>
>>51508081
So far so good. It is quick and responsive with xposed preinstalled. Only issue I have had was my 4g not working due to a corrupt nv partition.

After I reinstalled stock firmware and ROM then reflashed custom firmware and ROM it works fine.

It is running 5.1 lollipop and based off of the gpe ROM for the phone.
>>
>>51506722
It's the same here, dont get me wrong i like sense but making it look alright takes ages and when it's finally passable looking, it's either slow or has no battery life.
btw i am installing the mm gpe right now :^)
>>
>>51506528
Firefox AND chromium
>>
>>51507995
>Fast and efficient SMS with no shitty ads
Try AOSP or ones based on it, like pic related
>Chrome... Best browser... Speed and compatibility
Lightning Browser or CAF run rings around it.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.