[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gaming Laptops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 8bieif8WLA4f.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (37 KB, 625x416) Image search: [Google]
8bieif8WLA4f.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
37 KB, 625x416
Hey /g/, I'm in the market for a new laptop. I need a laptop that can perform very well playing new games, and will last a while. Preferably an i7 processor, with 8gb of ram. Also I don't want it to overheat like a motherfucker. My current hp pavilion shuts down due to overheating when I play most games, and I'm sick of it. Sub $1000 dollars would be best, but I'm willing to go a little over.
>>
You sure you want a laptop? It won't last as long as a desktop computer and be less powerfull...
>>
MSI GE70 Apache Pro-2PE or whatever, laptop equivalent of the generic 750ti-fx6300 build
>>
>>51506003
got an msi. leopard g60 or something. iz noize
>>
>>51506003
>Gaming laptop
>Cheap
>Doesn't overheat
Pick two options. You'll have to do up in price for all three.
>>51506055
>MSI
Enjoy your inadequate cooling, broken hinges and awful customer support.
>>
>>51506047
I'm really liking the looks of this one
>>51506083
Well what brand do you recommend? I just came from an hp that ran unacceptably hot even when it was doing nothing at all.
>>
>>51506003
Macbook Pro
>>
>>51506083

>broken hinges
>Mine broke 2 days ago

Thanks for the lol, anon.
>>
>>51506162
It's a known problem with most of their laptops, if you find the owners threads for them (which is admittedly quite nice for MSI) then you'll find all sorts of hacks to fix or mitigate the issue.
>>51506098
There isno one good brand for gaming laptops, they're all varying degrees of awful compared to ordinary laptops but sager/clevo and their rebrands are widely considered to be less awful than most.
>>
I picked up an Asus G55vw for 599USD, so far it's perfect. OP take a look at Asus' ROG line, they stay pretty cool under stress, and their hinges don't fall the fuck off after a year of use.
>>
>>51506264
Pros and cons of sager vs clevo vs MSI?
>>
>>51506264
could u give us some advice then? Im planning on buying a laptop aswell. I need it primarily for university but id play some older games like dota and anno aswell
>>
>>51507016
Similar situation for me. Bump
>>
Don't do it OP. I thought I needed a "gaming laptop" a couple years ago so I dropped $1770 CAD on a sager/clevo. It's OK at playing games but it is no match to desktop performance. And as for a laptop, the battery life isn't great and it's heavy as fuck. It's a fine machine but it spends 95% of its time on my desk.

in hindsight I would have been much better off spending 1300 on a desktop and 400 on a laptop and gotten the best of both worlds. Don't make the same mistake I did OP.
>>
Anybody got a Xidax? They look really good, American company.
>>
What if I want some thing that will do what my w530 does, but is lighter? (And prolly don't care about it having quadro graphics)
>>
Get either MSI Shadow or New Alienware. They come with OK gpus but have a special pci dock that you can install a desktop gpu into so when you're at your battlestation you get best performance.
>>
>>51506003
MSI GT80

https://youtu.be/67U7WjLBtCY

NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS
>>
>>51507757
this.

more gaymur laptop makers need to implement this kind of technology.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.