[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
need a cheap secure laptop, help pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 042 - UX9zFkG.jpg (250 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
042 - UX9zFkG.jpg
250 KB, 2560x1440
hey /g/uise,
for some time i have been looking for a secure and mobile computer (aka laptop) for doing private stuff.

it's extremely important that there is no manufacturer bloat shit, i want to clean it completely and install some kind of linux, probably ubuntu for a start.
i don't want anything running in the background since it could work against my privacy and open up backdoors (which i don't like), i would also like it to be cheap (please nothing above 500€, even 400€ is a lot for me).

this is not a laptop for extremely illegal stuff, i just want some kind of private medium in the age of surveillance and data hoarding, especially since i can already smell them making it official in germany aswell.

since i know there are some tinfoil hat fanatics in here i think you /g/uys are the best to help me stay secure, thanks in advance!
>>
>>51505008
Chromebook with coreboot flashed.
>>
Many manufacturers offer bloatware free laptops (msi, dell, m$ signature ed...) They tend to be high end though.
>>
>cheap, secure laptop
Look for those freedomized FSF approved chinkpads.
They are loaded with coreboot/libreboot
>>
>>51505008
>muh sekurity
>muh lanoox

>>>>>>>ubuntu to start

take your memes elsewhere, meme man. if you were capable of building and using a secure environment you would already know the answers to your questions

>ubuntu
>secure
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>using euros in 2015
>>
>>51505094
there is a good quote that pretty much sums it up:
"nothing is free, and if it is free, you're probably the product."
it applies to everything, if they can't take your money then they take others' money for your data.
>>
>>51505123
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>using euros in 2015
What should he use instead Panjeet?
Rupees?
Have you made a rupee for a poopee today?
>>
>>51505123
thanks for your help and support for someone that is concerned for his privacy and interested in learning more.

your point of
>blah if you were capable blah you would already know
is just stupid.

why bash people that want to get better instead of helping them?
you don't have to be a dickhead
>>
>>51505123
Kill yourself
>>
>>51505008
>Ubuntu
>literally spywareOS

Troll detected
>>
buy cgeap netbook
airgap it
keep it in lead box so superman cant see
>>
>>51505008
You can start by reading all of this: http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=24722

You may need some tinfoil too

>>51505123
Give the newfag a break, senpai
>>
ThinkPad X200 with LibreBoot and Trisquel/other FSF approved distro

Thinking of getting one myself for no real reason except that an X200 can be had for <£100
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.