[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ Help me buy a monitor. I only play csgo and want to upgrade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147 KB, 1920x1080
/g/ Help me buy a monitor. I only play csgo and want to upgrade to 120-144hz 1080p monitor.
>>
>>51504393
Do you have glasses OP? Yes you do have them. In that case, your eyes are defective. You can stick to lower refresh rates.
>>
You'd do better with an adaptive refresh rate monitor.
However, being someone who 'plays' CSGO, you are a magpie attracted to the larger numbers, because larger numbers are always better.
>>
I just got into csgo and I've kinda decided on getting a faster refresh rate and 120 to 144 Hz monitor. I don't think that the 120 to 144 will make a difference but for cost wise I will probably get the sharpest 27" 1080p. Currently using a 6ms 60hz 1440p monitor with a 5ms 60 Hz 1080p monitor both next to each other.
>>
>>51504438
They're still shit though. You're much better off with a good 120 or 144 monitor.
>>
>>51504393

Yeah. That won't make you any better at the game.
>>
>>51504393
I've been playing csgo for a while and I can honestly say that upgrading from 60 hz is like a night and day difference. I'm global elite btw.
>>
>>51504438
Not OP, but the difference between 144 and 60 is so obvious to an FPS gamer that it's like night and day, especially after you have used 144 for a while.

I was playing an FPS at 60 on a perfectly fine computer the other day but kept thinking to myself that I was having terrible PC slowdowns. Nope, that's just what 60 Hz feels like.

OP just get the 24" ASUS 1080p 144/1ms monitor that everyone has. VGQ24 or something.
>>
I overclocked my monitor to 77Hz and now everything under it feels "laggy". This is not a placebo. You can really see the difference.
>>
>>51504475
Or just the BenQ XL2411Z which is cheaper and better anyway.
>>
It's a huge difference. I'm playing with 120Hz ULMB and everything ia so smooth... btw LEM in CSGO. It is indeed worth it!
>>
>>51504518
it's not an overclock
>>
>>51504560
How do you want to call it then?
>>
>>51504473
Who isn't global lol
>>
>>51504585
Well, I'm only DMG.
>>
>>51504556
>tfw playing for 6 months on shitty asus laptop that i barely get 80fps on and LEM

Ayy brother
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.