[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could create the perfect Linux distro /g/, which distro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1447711573508.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447711573508.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
If you could create the perfect Linux distro /g/, which distro would it be built on, which DE, WM and package manager would it have?

>Distro - Debian
>DE - XFCE
>WM - i3
>Package manager - Portage
>>
I'd use Windows because I'm not autistic.
>>
>>51499274
Custom machine with 1kb CPU running a 3d core configuration of 40 cores @3ish GHz each using 8 of said CPUs in a single case with separate enclosures for the ram, storage, and gpus. The whole purpose of the machine would be simulating neural networks and use a Linux that basically only exists to give a skeleton that a reward/punish system for supervised learning could be built on. The entire machine is allowed to develop its own interface with the only intervention from operators being punishment or rewards at amounts ranging from 0 to 2^1000. Over time it develops a functional loop based on the training and we see what it ends up with.
>>
>>51499274

Debian with the DNF package manager would be cool. I like Gnome.
>>
>>51499274
>Installing a DE when you already have a perfectly good window manager
>>
My perfect Linux distro would be an open-source Windows 7
>>
>>51499274
Why is China talking to thin air?
>>
>>51499274

Do people actually watch shit like this? Like, adults?
>>
>>51499726
y-yeah
>>
>>51499726
Yes, not everyone watches mature flicks for mature film lovers like yourself.
>>
>>51499709
China has always been a strange one.

>>51499726
23 and YuruYuri S1 is GOAT. Chitose a best.
>>
>>51499726
For slice of life, it's very accessible and entertaining to all.
>>
ubuntu or debian with i3 and apt because that's what I'm used to
>>
>>51499726
Yeah, it's fun and heartwarming as fuck.
Do you just hate your life in general?
>>
Arch with Guix and stumpwm
>>
>>51499274
me in the yellow
>>
Why is that video so much cuter without audio?
>>51499726
To be fair, one rapes the other later.
>>
>>51499683
This
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.