[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hackintosh thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: front3quarter.jpg (290 KB, 780x507) Image search: [Google]
front3quarter.jpg
290 KB, 780x507
Hackintosh thread
>>
>no
>>
>>51498063
>dem 7800GX2s
I love super-long video cards
>>
>>51498063
with a P4EE that would be a housefire to remember
>>
>>51498063
>7800GX2
>6GB
>1000MHz
>2 gpu's
>made in 2010
fuck i just read up on that.
it has the same power as my 380 but 3x the electricity and 2GB extra ram wew lad.

I didn't even know about this card at all, fug.
Must find one in my country
any more Mac guts?
>>
>>51498063
I really want to make a sleeper build like this, I have a G4 case, but my current case has better cable routing and fans
>>
hacks are good to see if you like OSX. if you do though, there's no reason not to get a real mac. they don't have the tax attached like they used to. sure they are expensive. but if you compare it to any PC that's in the same ballpark a mac is no more expensive and much better quality
>>
You have taken a classic computer and turned it into a barn. Well done.
>>
>>51499173
>there's no reason not to get a real mac.
Look on ebay. They're cheap if you look at the C2D models. The i-series CPU Macs are still holding their prices.
>>
>>51499173
>verified at sucking cawk
>>
>>51499635
Really? You can get a sandybridge macbook 15" macbook for like 1/4th of it's original price
>>
>>51498513
I believe this a little bit more to the difference between this GPU and your 380 than having around the same number of niggahurtz

Your 380 ought to smoke it three or four times over.
>>
File: DSC_1775.jpg (2 MB, 1880x2000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1775.jpg
2 MB, 1880x2000
>>
File: hack pro bitches.jpg (695 KB, 2844x1479) Image search: [Google]
hack pro bitches.jpg
695 KB, 2844x1479
>>51498063
Posting old guts.
>>
>>51501959
>>51501753
Why did you take a shit on your carpet?
>>
>>51501959
>OSX

absolutely disgusting
>>
>>51502415
m'autism
>>
>>51501959
>wannabe modders actually think this shit looks good

I hope you at least destroyed a piece of shit like a dual 1.8 for that plebeian scrap heap.
>>
>>51503236
>I hope you at least destroyed a piece of shit

It's a mac, that's already a given.

But at least the internals aren't complete shit now.
>>
>>51503287
Nah, though PPC was in decline and a housefire capable of rivaling even Intel's greatest at the time, G5s are pretty nicely built and reasonably specced by contemporary standards, not the shitty trashcans they're putting out now.

>But at least the internals aren't complete shit now.
>a weak single socket x86 gaming build crudely hacked into a workstation case by a hamfisted retard who can't even properly level his shit
lmao
>>
>>51501959
How did you do with the sidepanel senpai?
>>
Fucking love that case
>>
File: Notactuallymybuild.jpg (1 MB, 2050x2017) Image search: [Google]
Notactuallymybuild.jpg
1 MB, 2050x2017
Currently modding myself a G4 case, not going to run shitty OSX so don't judge fag/g/ots.

So I've drilled all the rivets and stuff out of the motherboard tray, I'm wondering where I can find an easy print out diagram for mATX holes

Red is where I've decided to chuck my powersupply, it's a 700w tr2 thermaltake gold so it's full ATX, placed it where the red is because I want downward facing fans, will redirect the power output with an atx extender.

I'm going to dremel a bit of the front panel to put a noctua in, slowly I want to change out all the fans in the PC to Noctuas but I can't afford it atm.

Will I be able to fit my CM Hyper 212x in the case? I'm scared he won't fit. I think I'm also bringing low clearance to a whole new level by chucking in a gainward 970 phantom but I guess we'll see.

I coloured that back area in green to kind of signal that on my case I've gotten rid of the shelf, I've removed literally everything from the case minus the structural rivets.

Any tips from people who have done this mod before?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.