[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New must-use privacy extension
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: cdn-global-map.jpg (73 KB, 570x351) Image search: [Google]
cdn-global-map.jpg
73 KB, 570x351
Stop letting CDNs track you. Install this right now:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/decentraleyes/
>>
>>51497953
Why are Canadians tracking us?
>>
How does this work?
>>
I honestly don't care about being tracked. If someone wants to know I buy expensive imported lube on Amazon and like monster girl smut, that's their problem.
>>
>>51498073
It keeps copies of jQuery and other resources on your computer. Instead of connecting to Google and other CDNs when you open a site that makes use of them, Firefox will use the local copies.
>>
>>51498105
How does that fucking solve the problem?
Do they not know that your browser already caches shit.
What a stupid extension, move on everyone nothing to see here.
>>
>>51498088
It also makes browsing faster.
>>
>>51497953
clever name
>>
>>51498112
One of the FAQ
>My browser caches downloaded CDN libraries, doesn't that protect my privacy?
>Answer: Sadly, no. Even if the file in question is stored inside your cache, your browser will still contact the delivery network to see if the resource has been modified. Decentraleyes solves this issue.
>>
>>51498188
And now you have potentially outdated resources.
Good job.
>>
>>51498205
So?
>>
>>51498216
Freetards in a nutshell
>>
>>51498205
Perhaps the extension developers update when the libraries update?
>>
>>51498431
Of course, ignore the troll.
>>
>>51498050
ayy
>>
>>51498105
shouldnt that be browser default. Fucking SJWFox useless shit.
>>
>>51498050
We wanna find out who's taking all our maple syrup, bud. I'll fuckin' feed ya if you keep askin' stupid questions.
>>
>>51498551
I'm out for a dart, bud.
>>
how do cdns affect chromium
>>
>>51498671
They can steal your WiFi.
>>
>>51498105
Or you can just use privoxy.
>>
>>51497953
If it's not recommended by EFF, prismbreak, or privacy-tools, I wont trust it until at least one of those groups do.
>>
>>51498867
>being unable to make decisions for yourself
>>
how do i make my http_accept header match my phony user agent?
>>
>>51498867
Firefox extensions (.xpi files) are just zip folders. Unpack it and check the code by yourself.
>>
File: woofjpg.jpg (23 KB, 385x386) Image search: [Google]
woofjpg.jpg
23 KB, 385x386
>>51498883
I am making a decision.

To not trust the addon until one of those groups, that I trust more than some random anon on 4chan claiming it's "MUST-USE", put faith in it.

Now my suspicion of this being a shill post has gone up.
>>
>>51498950
Fuck off you conspiritard nutjob, this addon actually protects your privacy unlike your snakeoil addons.
>>
>>51498950
Coherently explain why you don't like this addon.
>>
>>51498935
pls reply i need muh privacy and i checkt the archives
>>
>>51499008
I'm not him but:

1. How does it "find the resource" without grabbing it from Google etc.? Most likely by downloading it from the author. Why should I trust that?
2. The add-on requires you to whitelist those providers in uBlock/uMatrix etc., which are tried and tested add-ons. In theory this new add-on will increase privacy marginally over them, but if it doesn't work the risk is that it decreases it significantly.

All software has to be tested and examined, even software that "obviously" is safe. It's not a matter of being unable to make decisions, it's a matter of both open questions and concerns, and also unforeseen unintended consequences that may arise, that need consensus answers since the issues can be complex and breakage subtle.

>>51498883
>testing is for faggots
Don't write software.
>>
>>51499104
1- download the fucking extension. It's almost 8MB BECAUSE IT INCLUDES THE RESOURCES BY DEFAULT, IDIOT. If you were literate and read the description, you'd have known that by now

2- Go suck a cock and die, motherfucker. You'll are literally a simpleton when it comes to technology. You don't need to "whitelist" completely. I hate you so much. It obviously just need you to enable those connections as you would normally do with uBlock or uMatrix alone. In other words, JUST FOR THE SITES THAT FUCKING NEED THOSE RESOURCES **AND YOU WANT THEM TO USE THEM**, fucktard

As for your other "worries", see >>51498941
>>
>>51499158
>BECAUSE IT INCLUDES THE RESOURCES BY DEFAULT, IDIOT

lol so fucking mad

Why should I trust those resources?
>>
>>51499166
Because of >>51498941

They aren't encrypted. Open them and check them by yourself. The time you're wasting being an idiot here could have been used to do that.
>>
>>51498995
>Fuck off you conspiritard nutjob, this addon actually protects your privacy unlike your snakeoil addons.

Tell me why the addons i use are snakeoil. Give me actual explanations.

>>51499008
>Coherently explain why you don't like this
addon.
I'm indifferent towards it. There is nothing i dislike about it other than what seems like some minor shilling ITT. However, the addon itself cannot be faulted for that.

>>51499104
Said it way better and more coherently than i could have.
>>
>>51499245
>shilling for a free addon
>>
>>51499245
>Said it way better and more coherently than i could have.
Because you're equally incompetent when it comes to anything remotely related to security and Internet technology. I've already completely destroyed the poster you're "praising".
>>
>>51499222
Sure, I'll just wade through 8MB of code myself looking for subtle bugs or malicious code, and expect others to do the same.
>>
>>51499158
Are you for real?
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>51499252
I know right? A free addon where the creator happens to be asking for bitcoin donations. Not that donations for free software are a negative thing at all. Just saying.

1. Make product, shill it or get people to shill it for you
2. Attach bitcoin wallet
3. ???
4. Profit

Again, donations aren't a bad thing. But there is definitely a reason people would shill free software.

>>51499266
>Because you're equally incompetent when it comes to anything remotely related to security and Internet technology.

I never claimed to be an expert in security or technology. I'm not a self proclaimed security genius like yourself.

>I've already completely destroyed the poster you're "praising".

Uh huh. Your frustrated rambling, cap locks, overinflated ego, and childish ad hominem attacks was really convincing.
>>
>>51498105
not a new idea. see: noscript + surrogate scripts
>>
>>51499535
>1. Make product, shill it or get people to shill it for you
>2. Attach bitcoin wallet
>3. ???
>4. Profit
Are you serious? You would get like pennies at most if you tried this.
>>
>40 posts
>20 posters
I wonder...
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.