[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
shitty cs experiences - phone support edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: xSaDkmX.png (313 KB, 368x514) Image search: [Google]
xSaDkmX.png
313 KB, 368x514
any anons on /g/ here recently have a really shitty time with any tech companies. begin rant

>have a moto x 2015 in september, expensive verizon contact ends in october
>sweet, phone has cdma and gsm bands, pop in vzn sim with no issues
>october
>call verizon to cancel line, he suspends my line and says that then the next billing cycle comes around it will be deleted, but i wont pay for that month
>great
>november when the billing cycle ends
>been great, enjoying my 5gb/$30 on tmobile
>nov 20
>"No Signal"
>wtf
>search around, chat with tmobile support online
>imei has been blocked"
>fuck this
>call tmobile, they say vzn could have blocked it
>call vzn, turns out the dumbass from october had reported my phone as stolen trying to suspend it
>they take it off the blacklist, imeidata.net says it has been removed immediatey
>phone still doesnt work
>look at the bottom of the blacklist
>TELUS CANADA - BLACKLISTED
>fuckno.jpg
>telus' system must have picked this up from vzn
>telus man tells me to wait 24 hrs for the system to pick vzns change
>29 hours later, nothing
>call telus
>they say that it is the "carrier" you bought it from's fault, i bought from motorola, they say call them
>call telus again, not putting up with bs
>lady screams at me saying that its not their fault when the blacklist says it obviouslyis, says I am not Canadian or a customer and what i was trying to do was like returning clothes from one store to another
>call motorola
>wait on hold for 1 hour, same ads droning on and on
>get on motorola chat, still on hold, they say they have no responsibility
>back to square one
>call verizon, this is the 4th hour about now
>on call with vzn guy, nice bloke
>really is dumbfounded by the situation, he said to just wait it out, try another sim if you can
>ayy I lied before, i was on a shitty 3gb/$30 plan but i just got my 5gb/$30 prepaid sim
>cut the sim, pop it in
>jack shit happens, its my imei
>telus wont do shit

>fuck telus
>>
>>51497408
Dunno if this would work but couldn't you just change the IMEI with one of the programs out there, and if they require a valid IMEI just buy some 10 dollar phone and use its IMEI or something, just an idea, don't know if it would work.
>>
>>51497503
all of those programs look like adware infested shit -- i doubt they even work

its also illegal to do that, the whole point of imeis is to prevent phones from being stolen and used
>>
>>51497408
more specifically has anyone been in this situation and better does anyone have any advice or ideas on what to do next?
>>
>>51497583
Yes
>>
>>51497598
uhh....mind sharing? thats the point of this thread
>>
>>51497583
Threaten to sue. The operator is clearly abusing their power. Alternatively, see with T-Mobile if they can accept the IMEI anyway?
>>
>>51497617
you think telus is abusing their power? the point is they have done the opposite, they are at fault and have done absolutely nothing
>>
>>51497617
Another alternative, report them to the FTC. It usually works with Comcast at least.
>>
>>51497637
Yeah, abusing their power to report stolen IMEI is what I meant.
>>
>>51497640
mmm...seems like a good idea. will they get involved in telling telus to step the fuck up or is it just a threat?
>>51497654
from my situation it seems that telus' network pulls imeis from other's lists and their server doesnt refresh them for however long
>>
>>51497691
Actually, it's a fucking Canadian operator. You could try this page: https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/complaint-form
The prospects of a potentially harmful lawsuit is usually enough to scare most companies. ymmv
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.