[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Laptop help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 115544_l.jpg (65 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
115544_l.jpg
65 KB, 600x300
I want a gaming laptop but not sure if the price is right.

$2,149.99 CAD

Trying to replace my dead G53S
>>
>ASUS ROG Laptop G752VT-DH72 I7-6700HQ 16GB 1TB+128GB GTX970M 3GB G-SYNC 15.6in Windows 10 Silver
>>
Asus makes good laptops, at least when talking about this higher end stuff, but I'd throw in whatever extra is needed to get the 980M version.
I have the last flagship model with the 880M and it runs things pretty smoothly, but it's not going to run things that well a year from now and that model you posted is only 20% better than this.
980M is twice as fast, get that one.
>>
>>51496993
>laptop
>gaming
>>
thanks! I'm kind of banking black friday/cyber monday would make the G752VY more affordable
>>
>>51498177

I plan to get both but would rather get a laptop first for the portability
>>
>>51496993
>spending over $2100 on a laptop

Just build a decent desktop for gaming, and by a cheap laptop for the thing you actually want portability for.
>>
>>51496993
A desktop equivalent will cost half that, and with the money saved you can get a macbook for asethics and social status
>>
>>51498208
>portability
>in a gaming laptop

good luck with a 2 hour batery
>>
>>51498208
They are anything but portable OP
I had a ROG and it was a terrible decision. Shit was heavy and got outdated in a year
Build a desktop that costs half and runs better and then buy a cheap laptoo
>>
How do people still think gaming laptops are viable in any way
>>
>>51498792

>How do people still think

You're speaking as if technology progressed backwards.
They're becoming better every year.
I don't think that you'd call GTX 780 a shitty useless GPU, which is pretty much what these new laptops have inside them.

Only thing that's not viable is the retarded price.
>>
>>51498913
And the meme tier battery life
>>
>>51496993
Go for MSI. Asus is shit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.