[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should i do with a macbook that doesn't work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: mootandhismacbook.jpg (46 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
mootandhismacbook.jpg
46 KB, 600x800
I have a macbook pro, i think it was a 2013 model.

It hasn't werked in over a year. As in it wont turn on. I think either the battery broke or the new charger i bought was a dud.

The original charger wasn't in good shape anyway, so that's why I'm unsure if it truly is broken. However the charger i got after, isn't that likely to be a dud.

I'm not hardware savvy. Is it worth tinkering around with it finding out what the main problem is and possibly buying parts to fix it? Seems a bit expensive to do so. The charger alone is expensive.

Or is it worth selling at all? Maybe selling parts? Is that a thing? The laptop was left in a garage for just over a year in is in such a shitty state physically that i doubt selling the whole thing completely would be an option. Are there any parts that might be worth selling?

Also, what would be the best way to recover data from the harddrive? I have a regular laptop running Linux, is it possible to somehow connect the macbooks harddrive to my laptop and recover some data?

Again, i am not hardware savvy, always been a software guy.

What would be the best course of action here?
>>
>>51496328
sell it
>>
>>51496349
It's broken though, and due to the environment it was left in for over a year, it looks like it's in awful condition.
>>
>>51496328
Blow it up, burn it
>>
>>51496328
Install Linux on it
>>
>>51496602
I would if it was saveable.

The software on it before it broke, everything ran smooth like it was brand new.

It's the actual hardware that is broken, it can't boot, as in it can't gain power anymore, the battery is most likely broken.
>>
No ideas...? Anyone?
>>
>>51497317
pawn shop
goodwill
scrap metal
>>
>>51496328
send it to me :^)
>>
File: louis.png (681 KB, 687x431) Image search: [Google]
louis.png
681 KB, 687x431
>>51496328
Watch my practical board repair videos and fix it.
>>
File: ahmed.png (1 MB, 928x847) Image search: [Google]
ahmed.png
1 MB, 928x847
>>51496328
a fake bomb
>>
>>51497419
Clean your glasses you sandnigger.
>>
>>51497419
>15m
lel murrika
>>
>>51497345
I've never done any of these things. Would a pawn shop or scrap metal be worth more than trying to fix it? If i had to fix it I'm pretty sure I'd have to buy some expensive shit
>>
IceT can repair it for you free of charge, pretty cool dude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qWhYlhfWCI
>>
>>51496328
Just take it into the Apple Store. They won't fix it for free but I think they'll at least tell you what's wrong with it
>>
>what should I do
>you should do ____
>anyone else? hello? no one?
gfy & diaf kthx
>>
File: 1415483274631.gif (421 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1415483274631.gif
421 KB, 700x525
>>51496328
>tfw i miss moot
>>
>>51496328
smash it, film it
mac macfags mad
>>
>>51497419
it's a new form of terrorism.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.