[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Can't copy paste images >No real mouse support >No
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: meme.png (2 MB, 2113x811) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
2 MB, 2113x811
>Can't copy paste images
>No real mouse support
>No actual work apps like Photoshop or Office, only cheap knock off toys
>No windowed apps
>Selecting text is still a fucking nightmare
Fuck this post PC era meme
Anyone who claims that phone OS's are capable of being workstations when they have such blatant glaring issues is a fucking idiot who probably hasn't worked a day in his life.
>>
>>51493421
The average consumer don't need tablet workstations, and the iPad pro is meant for the average consumer.
>>
>>51493757

Why does the average consumer need the iPad Pro instead of a regular tablet?
>>
>>51493757
>$900 "Pro" tablet
>Average consumer
The average consumer would just buy an iPad
>>
>>51493421

I'm gonna get the pixel c desu
>>
>>51493837
Why?
>>
>>51493862

I want a Android tablet and this one looks like it actually might be good
>>
>>51493886
What's better about this that any other tablet can't do?
>>
>>51493918

I like the design
>>
This is why the Surface exists.
>>
>>51493817
>jThe average consumer would just buy an iPad

The entire reason for this existing is because they aren't buying ipads, only iphones.

Even Apple don't want to be a company that can only sell one product.
>>
>>51493964
So, making the exact same thing but bigger will help somehow?
>>
>>51493421

Sure OP, next you're going to complain that television is supposed to present you interesting shows & news, not make you sit down and watch commercials.

A phone/tablet/surface OS is merely an advertising & app store platform. That is where the money is.

All that other functionality you're complaining about is incidental, and merely ensures you get continually exposed to advertisements and the mfg's app store.
>>
Useless crap, unless someone get this for half the price it is worthless.
>>
>>51493421

idgaf that Pixel C is going to be sweet as fuck

>6 week updates
>platform they're going to experiment with mobile productivity hybridization on
>great aspect ratio
>magnets

don't be so short sighted on the pixel

the ipad is just a bigger ipad though who gives a fuck
>>
>>51494150

The only thing that disappoints me about the Pixel C is the lack of coding friendly keys on the keyboard.
>>
>>51494224
>coding on a tablet
>>
>>51493964

>they aren't buying ipads

I wanna see the receipts
>>
>>51494580

As opposed to an ultra book or some shit?

Don't be so disingenuous to think that you can't be productive with a tablet when all you need is a decent code editor and an SSH client.

I realize this doesn't apply to all coders but that doesn't automatically negate the usability of such a set up for a lot of them.

That's also just one usage scenario for a tablet. All of the typical media consumption stuff still applies.
>>
>>51494728
Pretty much this. All Android is missing to be a good convertible tablet OS is multiple window support (which should be in Android N) and hardware with full sized USB 3 host ports. Give me a 12" Asus Transformer with Android N, USB 3 host, and an unlockable bootloader and I might sell my x86 laptop.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.