[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For people with very very basic understanding of Linux which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
For people with very very basic understanding of Linux which OS should they use?

>Ubuntu
>Mint
>Elementary
>Steam OS
>>
Steam OS.... DESU GTFO
Mint or Lubuntu
>>
>>51488134
Debian is the first and last distro you will ever use.
>>
Just use xubuntu.

It's ubuntu but with a desktop environment that isn't ass
>>
>>51488148
I assumed it would be simple since their goal is to pull people from windows for gaymes
>>
Ubuntu LTS with xfce
>>
>>51488150
Yeah get ubuntu minimal, it's just debian without the driver autism. :^)
>>
>>51488159
Thing is its terrible at the only thing its suppose to do.
Watch the vid on ReviewTechUSA, fps is like 30+ higher on windows
>>
>>51488226
im not going to play games
>>
>>51488235
THEN WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU INSTALL A OS THAT IS MENT FOR GAMING YOU FUCKING AUTISTIC CUNT
>>
>>51488272
because it should be easy to use and setup for people like me who dont know what the fuck they are doing
>>
>>51488134
Gentoo
>>
>>51488291
Lubuntu or Mint
Trust me, they are fucking easy, you literally have to do nothing
>>
Mint, of course. Is this even a question? tsk tsk
>>
>>51488134
Linux Mint Cinnamon
>>
>>51488134
Gentoo
>>
>>51488150
>Debian is the first and last distro you will ever use.

Fucking this. You'll be too busy just trying to get dependencies for every compile you attempt to ever have the time to change your OS.
>>
start with ubuntu remove unity and go to mint when you feel ready
>>
>X/Ubuntu
>Mint
>>
Ubuntu, Linux Mint or Linux Mint Debian Edition. You don't even have to be a noob to use them, you can just keep them forever. I think they are great.

I use Arch on my laptop though, but my home media PC uses LMDE. I could be using that on my laptop as well but I like AUR.
>>
Mageia
>>
>>51488150
/thread
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.