[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ simple question thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: marked for deletion (old).png (3 KB, 185x23) Image search: [Google]
marked for deletion (old).png
3 KB, 185x23
Post your simple/small/stupid questions here, ONCE.
DO NOT BUMP THE THREAD, You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Read the sticky before posting.
Take at least 10 seconds to google it first.

Redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread

or something like that
>>
>>51487240
a marked for deletion image? no jerry or anime or dwight or anything?

fuck this thread. fuck it to hell.
>>
File: 1440290331871.jpg (43 KB, 526x550) Image search: [Google]
1440290331871.jpg
43 KB, 526x550
>>51487245
4 u
>>
will next year be the year chrome makes a 555/555 on https://html5test.com/ ?
>>
>>51487279
isnt it a bad thing when a browser hits 555/555 since some of the tests are checking whether it supports some form of drm?
>>
What do I clean my tech with? I mean like everything my screen my mouse my keyboard my phone my osu tablet etc. Will be cleaning mostly from dust.
>>
File: 1448214559148.jpg (37 KB, 460x462) Image search: [Google]
1448214559148.jpg
37 KB, 460x462
1) IF I INSTALL WINDOSE 10 IN A VIRTUAL MACHINE

2) WILL WINDOWS TOOLKIT WORK TO ACTIVATE IT OR WHAT

3) THANKS IN ADVANCE
>>
>>51487587
Cotton handkerchief. For plastic, you may also use an eraser.
>>
>>51487610
1)Y
2)E
3)S
>>
>>51487587
>>51487637
>screen
>handkerchief
NO

srsly i fucked my glasses by cleaning it with handkerchiefs and toilet paper. way too rough, believe it or not. just get some microfibre cloth, it costs next to nothing

i mean you can use whatever for your keyboard and other peripherals but don't just use anything on screens.

>>51487652
how does that work though? i thought windows toolkit injects something directly into the BIOS that tells it not to mind the missing licence. or is it just something at a low-level but non-bios part of the system
>>
What software can I use on GNU/Linux to create a multiboot disc that includes Windows and a Linux distro? Does SARDU does the job?
>>
How do you stop html5 videos from loading and playing automatically? I'm fucking sick of this shit. Do these people not have any respect for those on quotas?

I preferred when everything was flash because you could easily block flash. You could also choose to not install it in the first place.
>>
How do I install a GRUB on my boot partition without fucking up my Win 7 ?

I already have a partition with Linux on it but I can't access it.
>>
>>51487676
you cant just disable /choose not to load html5 lmao

but yes you can set auto play off dependding on your browser. its in about:config for ff.

If your quotas that low perhaps you shouldnt be browsing the internet at all
>>
Where do you buy things like HDD, SSD, external HDD, USB memory sticks, CPU coolers etc.

I'm not ordering off the internet because I assume it will be thrown about like a football by some highschool dropouts
>>
I accidentally purchased cable that make winows think that my monitor is "Generic Non-PnP Monitor". Windows can't my native resolution and uses 1024x768. I created custom resolution, so this issue is fixed. But now i have other one.

Scince monitor is Generic Non-PnP Monitor then windows shows a lot of resolutions that my monitor doesn't support. Many games chose automatically at the start biggest one, and i'm ending up with black screen and "out of range" on my monitor.

Is there anyway to HIDE resolutions i don't want to use? I can only delete custom resolutions in videocard control panel. Can't do shit about normal ones.
>>
>>51487689
You can try using one of those grub manager stuff while using your distro live disc/usb. Make sure it lists Windows.
>>
>>51487749
Shit sorry for a lot of typos, i'm really tired right now.
>>
>>51487743
hardware shops then? lmaoo if it gets smashed you can refund it. places like ple.com.au have physical stores. If your in america idk just google "pc shops (z location)
>>
>>51487749
>that make winows think that my monitor is "Generic Non-PnP Monitor"
it is a non-pnp monitor, you should have got a pnp monitor.

I dont think the chord is the issue
>>
I want to build a future-proof PC that will last for several years. Main uses are FPS gaymen, movies and work.

Question now is, should I build i5 Skylake or i5-4690K? 1150 doesn't support PCIe 3.0 for M.2 SSDs in case I ever bought one, so that kinda sucks.
>>
>>51487754
Does it mean I have to install the distro again ?
>>
>>51487240
Is geit better than sublime text or atom?
>>
>>51487749
this problem can occur if you use a VGA cable that lacks the pins used for DDC/power (9/12/15), which is how graphics cards read the EDID chip in "modern" VGA monitors, which contains the list of valid modes for that monitor
>>
>>51487792
>I dont think the chord is the issue
I'm sure that's 100% cord's fault. It has one less pin than previous, normal one
>>51487823
Yep, that's exactly what i have.
>>
>>51487823
oh yea, the other reason is that the monitor is really old and doesn't have an EDID chip at all (in which case it really is a "non-pnp" monitor)

most late 90's+ monitors have one
>>
I want to have an online shop, which is the best website to create one with?
>>
Open Office

Libre Office

Which do I get when I move to a Linux / Win 10 dualboot clean install?
>>
>>51487834
i'd say just get a better cable, one with all 15 pins/wires, they're cheap and and it's probably not worth the effort, especially in windows (i personally find it much easier to make a custom modeline set in linux)
>>
How to change voltage on CPU? No such otions in BIOS, its seams
>>
>>51487843
libreoffice
>>
>>51487801
No, you just have to run it on live mode.
Just create a bootable stick from any modern distro, and run on live mode. You just have to install Grub Customizer on persistent storage and run it. No need to install the OS itself again.
>>
>>51487858
I live in shithole where nobody sells vga-cables anymore. I searched in whole city before i found that shitty one cable. If i could buy normal cable i wouldn't've asked you guys.
>>
>>51487885

Where do you love?
>>
>>51487676
>>51487676
In Firefox:
about:config
Right click > New > Integer
permissions.default.media
value: 2
>>
we all know who the king is, but which browser is the second best?
>>
When you save a pic or video from 4chan is the default number name of the pic/video the same for all users?
>>
File: 1448003010170.jpg (236 KB, 428x497) Image search: [Google]
1448003010170.jpg
236 KB, 428x497
I've been using a VPN for a while and have been connecting/disconnecting whenever I want to torrent/play online games but I want a more permanent solution that will allow me to not use the VPN for certain applications (i.e Steam) and if possible not use it for certain sites because the big jew prevents posting from a VPN.

Is there some sort of guide on how to force an application to not use the VPN service? I'm thinking there might be a way to do it using IP and routing tables.

Currently using AirVPN and Windows 8.1.
>>
>>51487988
old opera probably. now days its the one that is the king but not the king.
>>
>>51487997
The filename 4chan gives a file is the Unix time + 3 random numbers at the end
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time
The filename is the same for everyone. Each time someone uploads an image it gets the filename that is the time it was uploaded.
>>
>>51487871
I still have my live stick around, I'll try that, thanks !
>>
Why won't my r9 280x run 3 monitors?

This is from the manufacturers website when I bought it. I can no longer find it on their site.

supports up to 3 display monitor(s) without DisplayPort
5 x Maximum Display Monitor(s) support
To support 3rd monitor without DisplayPort cable connected, 2 of the 3 monitors should be the same model with DVI ports connected. The driver version should be v13.12 or above

Currently have 2 dell u2412m's connected via dvi. I should be able to add a third without displayport.

And their fucking support wont get back to me
>>
>Use Linux for a couple months
>Realize I've made a terrible mistake
>Pirate Windows 7, install, and have no fucking drivers, can't even connect to the internet
What do I do
>>
>>51488300
back to the LInux off you go
>>
File: 1444222789860.png (288 KB, 368x699) Image search: [Google]
1444222789860.png
288 KB, 368x699
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/anonymous-opparis-hacktivists-publish-noobs-guide-fighting-isis-online-1529173

Is this real?
It looks like something made up by /g/
>>
So if i can get a gtx 980 msi gaming g4 for around $375 because of a 30 dollar rebate, should i send back my 390x sapphire trix that should arrive today, which i got for $350?
>>
>>51488300
if using wifi connect your router via lan (cable) instead to get your drivers
>>
>>51488386
I tried that but it didn't work I guess I don't even have ethernet drivers
>>
I recently rooted my phone, and it seems like screen on time has decreased (although standby time has improved). Other than installing a weird kernel/custom rom, what are good ways to improve battery life? I've already uninstalled some bloatware. Phone is Samsung G900T on 5.1.1 using 3.4.0 TrapKernel and stock rom.
>>
>>51488550
I also have Greenify installed.
>>
>>51488481
i sorta doubt that. ethernet almost always works.

try connecting to the router itself (find out its IP and connect via lan and your browser) to see if the lan connection is working. idk what router you have but for D-link and netgear it's "192.168.0.1"

if the connection is working, the internet connection is fucked. if it's not working, well, i don't even know. ethernet has always worked out of the box for me, even with fresh installs. no modern system comes without ethernet drivers
>>
>>51488481
get Linux and install drivers for Windows on a pendrive
>>
Recently got my first android phone. Its a samsung s5 and I was wondering if its safe to root? I downloaded a app cleaner and it shows i only have 30 to 50% free ram even if I kill all processes. Does rooting boost performance for games? Can any of you anons suggest a guide for it? I know I can just google this stuff but I just want some input from the experts here.
>>
C++ or Java for Socket communication and raw sockets?
>>
In terms of resources, how noticeable would installing a custom theme be in Win 7?
>>
>>51488909
not at all.
>>
>>51488911
Nice. Thanks.
>>
>>51487240
A friend of mine needs a laptop with nice specs (hate to say this but yeah, gaming laptop) around the range of 800 euros. The thing is he hates those aggresive gaming campaigns and doesn't want one of those flashy black and red laptops with leds and overpriced I7 CPUs. Where can I find any alternative to this?
>>
>>51488922
acer or lenovo
>>
Could it be viable to have my steam games on a home server? Like have the files on there but played from whatever computer that accesses them? I'm assuming loading times would be pretty slow but what if the hard drives were in raid or I used a ssd for the games. What kind of connection would I need to fully utilise sees in a home server to keep loading times low?
>>
My AMD Radeon HD 7800 GPU is 55 Celsius on desktop and while gaming a bit over 80 Celsius.
I am concerned even tough it's been like this for over three years now. I've heard AMD GPUs can take more heat than Nvidia but still. Should I increase the fan speed by changing the profile with Afterburner (tm) or something?
>>
I just found my missing SSD with some memory left. I know that having the OS installed on it makes things run considerably faster, so I'm gonna try to transfer the OS from my HDD.

The task sounds simple enough, but is there any specific procedure to follow with stuff like formatting and backing up?
>>
File: motorola_moto_e_gen2_press.jpg (52 KB, 635x475) Image search: [Google]
motorola_moto_e_gen2_press.jpg
52 KB, 635x475
>>51487240
Going to buy my mom her first smartphone, I was thinking a 3g moto e gen 2 for around $90.
>How durable is the moto e gen 2?
>How does a quad core snapdragon 200 handle everyday tasks?
>What is the battery life like?

She needs it as a phone first and foremost, I suggested a nice Nokia bar phone, but she declined as she wants to play mundane games (like solitaire or candy crush) on the side and just generally have something nicer than a bar or flip phone.
>>
>an error occurred while renewing local area connection unable to connect to your dhcp server. request has timed out

accidentally unplugged my router and now whenever i turn it on i'm getting this when trying to renew the IP. never had issues with it before.

internet works fine when i plug things directly into my cable modem
>>
Is there an equivalent for bash's \v when configuring zsh's prompt?
>>
Hey /g/,haven't browsed here for quite a while.

Do you still reccomend using uTorrent 2.2.1 or should i upgrade the version?
>>
anyone managed to use ricochet on windows 10? also whats a good encrypted p2p messenger
>inb4 tox
>>
>>51489424
You for real? Can you even use a proxy with the old µTorrent anymore?
If you want an upgrade choose qBittorrent
>>
File: jo.png (54 KB, 802x418) Image search: [Google]
jo.png
54 KB, 802x418
is my voltage too high?
>>
>>51489488
>You for real? Can you even use a proxy with the old µTorrent anymore?
Not using a proxy so dont know
and i will try out qBit,thanks.
>>
>>51489551
deluge is pretty good too
>>
So, i had this idea...
My WiFi connection is shit tier, but connection works fine through Ethernet. But my Router is at the other side of the house and my PC is a desktop...
What is the easiest setup to put a remote device to download stuff for me through Ethernet so I can retrieve it later? Should a RasPi does the job? Is there a way I can choose when it can and when it cannot download? Lets say, I want to download something from my browser through my desktop connection, but I want a certain torrent to be downloaded remotely from the ethernet device. Is it possible?
>>
Are SD cards reliable enough for storing music and videos, for the purpose of freeing up space in my tablet's SSD?
>>
>>51488357
Anybody?
>>
>>51487868
Please
>>
>>51488357
>>51489714
Yes.
>AMD
>ever
>>
What is a short program in assembly i could present in school?
I need to find a program in assembly and learn how it works.
>>
I hope you can handle this simple question: What is the Computabily theory?
>>
>>51489797
super mario?

https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/6145/what-programming-language-was-super-mario-bros-written-in

check out the first answer for the code.
>>
>>51489472
decided on https://ring.cx/en so no need for answers
>>
>>51489806
No such thing.
>>
>>51488801
>experts here
I will just say to do extensive research on it before you do it, and preferrably have someone who's actually done it before walk you through it
[spoiler]I bricked a phone 2 years ago this way[/spoiler]
>>
>>51488339
Anyone?
>>
>>51489823
I was looking for something way shorter, something simple.
>>
>>51489837
>>51489806
Computability*
my bad.
>>
File: Capture.png (98 KB, 1118x496) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
98 KB, 1118x496
is this ok, or should i get better cooling?
>>
>>51489832
well it didn't work so I'm open to suggestions
>>
How does one get shell integration for MPC, like VLC has?

I've associated MKV with MPC and the rest with VLC.

Win7 64bit, using the CCCP MPC pack.
>>
got given an iphone 5 a long time ago
fucking dropped it, smashed screen (LCD broken now)
can't use it

is there a way i can access my phones interface whilst connected to my pc? like an 'emulator' sort of thing or a remote desktop for my iphone?
>>
>>51489526
yes
>1.440v
>AMD
>30c
>>
>>51490113
i don't think so, no. you can try backing up your content, though.
>>
Who makes the most reliable external hard drives?
>>
>>51490176

Personal experience, seagate.
>>
>>51490176
wd
>>
>download Qt on my Ubuntu laptop
>try to run an extremely simple program, literally just a pushbutton
>fatal error
>"GL/gl.h: No such file or directory"

What the fuck does this mean and how do I make it stop?
>>
>>51490176
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Passport-Ultra-Portable-External/dp/B00W8XXRPM/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1448299300&sr=1-2&keywords=WD+My+Passport
>>
>>51487240
I'm looking to buy a 2560X1440 monitor at 144Hz/<5ms for black friday or cyber monday. How would I go about making sure I find the best deal? Normal places like best buy or walmart don't really cater to that kind of quality.
>>
File: ChromaRes.png (24 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ChromaRes.png
24 KB, 1920x1080
Can somebody with crossfire AMD cards do me a favor? Open up CCC go to My Digital Flat-Panels -> Pixel Format and change it to YCbCr 4:2:2 Pixel Format then open up a game that supports crossfire with crossfire enabled and in fullscreen and tell me if everything works correctly for you.
>>
File: part 2.png (58 KB, 793x589) Image search: [Google]
part 2.png
58 KB, 793x589
>>51490154
>>
>>51490156
i'll just get a chink to fix it tomorrow for like $80
>>
File: prbf2.png (57 KB, 845x390) Image search: [Google]
prbf2.png
57 KB, 845x390
So I've been wanting to download BF2: Project Reality for a long time. But I have no idea how to use qBittorrent, which the site recommends I use to download the file. When I press this button (download from the German flag) it gives me an option to either open the file or save it. Saving it goes directly to in-browser download which is obviously not what to do.

I know, I'm retarded and beyond help. But how do I do this?

The "Torrent" selection on the site doesn't work btw.
>>
File: 1448300272024.png (65 KB, 845x390) Image search: [Google]
1448300272024.png
65 KB, 845x390
>>51490495
download this one open the .torrent file in qbittorrent
>>
>>51487816
Atom is my goto, but Sublime is used by more industry professionals. Maybe that's because it has been around longer? I just like Atom because of its obvious pros; syncing with github, best package system I've ever used for an editor, actually easily hackable if you are into that.
>>
File: problems.png (34 KB, 1316x753) Image search: [Google]
problems.png
34 KB, 1316x753
>>51490539
This is the page I get when I click on that link, which is what I meant by

>The "Torrent" selection on the site doesn't work btw.
>>
>>51490571
worked for me

https://a.uguu.se/rmyczs_prbf2_1.3.5.0_full.iso.torrent
>>
>>51490587
The one you posted worked. Thanks.

qBittorrent says the download is "Stalled", is there something else I need to do?
>>
Would buying another r9 280x be worth it for Crossfire?
>>
>>51490655
make sure you have upnp enabled on your router or manually forward your ports
>>
>>51489865
It's a mathematical theory of what can and cannot be computed. Famous results include the undecidability (uncomputability) of the Halting Problem; that is, for a given program, you cannot compute in full generality whether it will eventually stop or not.
>>
>>51490714
I'm at university using their network, I'm guessing it's that end that's the problem (which I unfortunately can't change).

Thanks for the help. I'll have to find some other way of doing this, probably download it on my ancient T43 and upload it to a thumbdrive to put on my PC.
>>
How do I format my windows partition drive without any cds, flash drives, etc.
>>
>>51490658
Depends on what are you going to use it for. Applications vary when it comes to dual GPU support, so you may see better or even worse performance.
>>
Is there a way to have multiple tabs open in firefox? Something like half the screen has a tab, the other half has another tab?
>>
I want to nuke my Linux, having to switch OS.
How do I do it again? Which command? dd something..?
Or got any programs that helps me wipe my Linux computer?
>>
>>51490982
Disregard that, i'm a retard. I can just have multiple instances of firefox running and do that.
>>
>>51487240
recently switched to openwrt, when I port scan my public ip (not from inside the lan) i get the response that port 25 is open. when I simulate a wan connection with a pc connected to wan interface I have no open ports. why would my isp leave a port open?
>>
>>51490986
rm -rf /

When installing the other OS, cant you just delete the partitions, create other ones and be done with it?
>>
>>51491040
I'm trying to install Windows 7 again yet every time I boot it in my flashdrive it won't recognize it. I used my Linux USB and I don't see how I can wipe the partition without me reinstalling Mint.
>>
Is creating a virtual machine to pay bills and only pay bills online a secure way?
>>
>>51490895

It would be for games but I think I'm trying to impulse buy it because Fallout 4 is so unoptimized.
>>
>>51491077
No.
>>
>>51491072
i dont think i see the whole picture.
you've got windows installed on a flashdrive?
if so, maybe changing the boot priority in the bios, having the flashdrive higher that the hard drive will help.
>>
How the fuck am I supposed to write 10 essays in 2 hours on my midterm tomorrow?
>>
>>51491152
Bring them in a file.
On your paper say something about the essay and link/reference the essay from your file.
>>
>>51490000
anyone?
>>
>>51491105

Do you have any suggestions?
>>
>>51491088
There's some tweaks out there that supposedly improve performance a lot in that game without affecting the quality too much. Have you tried downloading the latest beta drivers from AMD too? They are supposed to be optimized for Fallout 4.

I'm not even sure if Fallout 4 supports Crossfire, you would have to see if the latest beta drivers do in their patch notes.
>>
>>51491275

I've just recently read about the new AMD drivers. Will try that out. Turning off God Rays and putting shadow distance to medium has helped but in some spots I get low 20s.
>>
>>51491257
OpenBSD on a non-Intel machine.
>>
I was fucking with gparted anf grub on my laptop and the hdd isn't available in the boot menu now. I can still copy files from it if I boot a live usb.
>>
File: hope.jpg (232 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
hope.jpg
232 KB, 800x800
i just want an opinion on this card, i can buy it for a bit under 100, currently i have a beast of a nvidia gt 620 so anything above a toaster is an improvement.
>>
I want to play video games on my PC, and watch youtube videos on my tablet, but I want to have the tablet sound go to my PC too, is there a way I can do this while keeping the ability to use headphones on the computer?
>>
What's a good wall mount/ desk mount for monitors preferably one that can move up and down rather than just left to right?
>>
>Ubuntu server 14.04
>Made an homepage
>Built a simple mediawiki
>Homepage is reachable from external network
>Mediawiki isn't (only LAN through router)

Where do I start ? How does apache know what is reachable in var/www/html directory ?
>>
>>51491523
I changed the mbr to gpt if that matters.
>>
Started the downgrade from win10 to win8.1 on my desktop 2 hours ago.

How long will it take? I wanna play much vidya :(
>>
>>51491531
It's pretty good for the price. If you're gaming at 720p or want a multi-monitor setup, it'll do you well. If you're expecting high fps at 1080p, you'll be disappointed.
>>
>>51487240
Decrease google chrome boot time? currently, my pc boots up in 1.5 minutes, including login. then it takes another minute to boot up chrome. using a HDD.
>>
>>51487240
I'm having a technical phone interview soon for a graduate network engineer job, which mostly boils down to being a junior system admin working in a team.

Anyone know what are the must know stuff for these kinda interviews? I know it will be stuff like OSI model, topologies, IP addressing and user permission etc but any specifics I should worry about?
>>
>>51491656
thanks, also does it make a significant difference that my motherboard only has PCI-E x12 and the card can use PCI-E x16
>>
Which companies make the best SSDs? Which 256GB SSD is the best right now on the market? Which is the cheapest and best?
>>
Alright, fuck sapphire.

supports up to 3 display monitor(s) without DisplayPort
5 x Maximum Display Monitor(s) support
To support 3rd monitor without DisplayPort cable connected, 2 of the 3 monitors should be the same model with DVI ports connected. The driver version should be v13.12 or above

"2015-11-24 [02:43]

You are planning to use both DVI plus HDMI from the card to setup 3 monitors right? one of the require ment is that all 3 of your monitors have to be the same make and model. If not you are require to use an active display port to DVI or HDMI to your 3rd monitor."

Fuck sapphire. I just want to add a third monitor dammit.
>>
File: USB_LED_Light_Lamp_Flexible.jpg (18 KB, 550x651) Image search: [Google]
USB_LED_Light_Lamp_Flexible.jpg
18 KB, 550x651
Just bought a TV card which comes with a remote and an USB IR receiver. Since my computer sits on the ground, I need to place the receiver somewhere else.

So I was wondering if there are semi-flexible USB extension cords, like with these USB reading lamps, to keep the receiver in place.

The other, less elegant option I had in mind would be just to duct-tape the cable to the desk.
>>
Assuming that you want to instantly push messages (status updates, new messages, warnings) to a smartphone, what would be the best way to accomplish that?
I was thinking about using SMS gateways, but those are all proprietary or carrier dependant. Is there any way to send SMS without using a proprietary gateway?
As an alternative I was considering TOX, which seems fine, but the toxcore git states that the PyTox bindings are outdated. On the other hand that file hasn't been updated since july. Is that still true?
Also do you have any other alternatives? Writing an App is out of question and so is using WhatsApp.
>>
>>51488985
?

>DO NOT BUMP THE THREAD, You are NOT entitled to an answer
I am, though
>>
>>51490858
If you're on Windows you can use the diskpart command in elevated command prompt
>>
Where the hell do you get gentoo ISOs? I can only find tars on the official servers and I need an Iso for making a bootable CD in Windows.
>>
>>51491632
>playing games past age 15
Grow up child.
>>
>>51491893
Maybe a web service that its user account are linked by the phoneID? I dunno. Easiest is an app and call the simple method but if that's out of the question.
Maybe you could use Boxcar.io or similar?
>>
>>51491925
https://www.gentoo.org/downloads/

Are you fucking dumb?
>>
>>51491925
Literally gentoo.org
>>
>>51491552
bump
>>
Is it possible to ssh into the vm host machine from the guest vm?

I've been wanting to try it by setting the guest with bridged networking in order for it to have its own IP on my network. Haven't tried yet.
>>
>>51492105
Bridged mode or host-only networks works in that case. Bridge is even easier because the guest will be in the same subnet as the host.
>>
where can i get a vsphere enterprise key cheap or free? been using the free version of esxi for a while but i need to learn moar.
the only "cracks" i've found so far have just been malware.
>>
File: capture.jpg (77 KB, 915x457) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
77 KB, 915x457
>>51492581
If you have a waffles account your in luck.

From what I've seen keygens/ cracks are usually included.
>>
>>51491883
is this what you want?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Metal-USB-2-0-Data-Sync-Charge-Flex-Cable-Male-to-Female-Extension-Cable/32340007699.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.1.WVrBFX&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1_79_78_77_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_7
>>
File: glory_by_valenberg-d9ermkz.gif (553 KB, 429x429) Image search: [Google]
glory_by_valenberg-d9ermkz.gif
553 KB, 429x429
>>51487240
good foss or minimalistic calender app for droid?
preferably with a dark theme and easy to export
>>
Let's say it's the 70s and I'm starting a computer business. I'll assume I can get some foundry to fabricate ROMs for me. How do I send my firmware to the foundry though? Can I just mail them a PROM with my firmware on it, and let them take care of the rest?
>>
>>51492627
well i do have an account with a usenet indexer but the results don't look very legit - pic related.
ah well, i'll give it a try on a vm and just roll it back to a snapshot after running whatever keygen is provided.
thanks, anon
>>
>>51492892
I might be able to check if I can just download the keygen from it and put it somewhere for you
>>
I just started a new job, and want to slowly put money into buying a new computer to build. If I buy a case, a new motherboard, a current i5, HDD, SSD, new power supply first, and save buying the GPU till last, will my Radeon 6950 be able to keep up with 1080p gaming until I can afford to buy a 970 or whatever card I choose?

TL;DR: is a 6950 still decent enough to run games at 1080p till i buy a new card
>>
>>51492937
well that was easy as fuck.

http://www.megafileupload.com/5xdi/VMv6.rar

Should be just the keygen.
>>
Just switched to linux.
Whats the best way to watch anime? I had mpc with kcp when i still had windows. Is there anything similar?
>>
>>51492980
wow, thanks!
i'm definitely going to run this in a snapshotted vm which is disconnected from the network: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/ca945b77352048599040dccccee16480f0647d5c5f5a4c24f53297f63dc3feac/analysis/
>>
File: capture.jpg (255 KB, 787x942) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
255 KB, 787x942
>>51493067
Enjoy, took like no time to do anyways.

You caught me when I'm pretty high so I'm feeling helpful.
>>
>>51493180
holy shit it fucking worked! post your steam address and i'll send you something.
>>
File: capture.jpg (159 KB, 750x633) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
159 KB, 750x633
>>51493348
Sorry for the delay. But it's Shikhee_

Uhh, waffles picture so you know its me?
>>
>>51493032
I'm not sure what kcp is but most people use mplayer or its more lively fork, mpv.
>>
>>51488357
Anyone have another opinion?
>>
>>51493032
Just use VLC. There's 2 complaints I hear about VLC here.
>washed out color -- people claiming this are either memeing or need to set their GPU driver to use correct PC color output range rather than old NTSC TV color output range
>font rendering of subtitles is ever so slightly less nice when you examine it -- so long as it's very easily legible, if you find yourself focusing on font details rather than the anime itself, you probably need to find a better anime
Apart from that, it plays, streams, saves, etc. just about everything you can throw at it.
>>
>>51492955
Depends on the games. Try it. Worst that happens, you'll be playing on lower settings for a little bit.

I would definitely go this route and save up for a really good GPU. Better to play on lower settings of 720p for a couple months and get a better GPU later, than to get a lesser GPU now and be stuck with it long term.
>>
What's the cli program everyone use to p
Play music in the desktop threads ?
>>
>>51494332
moc?
>>
>>51494332
mpd?
>>
>>51494346
>>51494355
Thx. Both look great. What are the differences tough?
>>
>>51487676
NoScript might be something to look into for sites that autoplay things. Not sure if this works for HTML5, but it has click to play for flash I think
>>51487689
You could try chrooting into your linux partition and installing grub from there
>>51488939
You could make a samba share or something on your server and mount it in Windows. But the real overhead would come from your lan, not a big deal if you have a nice router with gigabit lan
>>
>>51494400
Try both and see which you like better. Also, as CLI programs they'll have shortcut keys and command line switches to do things that might not be obvious from what's displayed, so RTFM.
>>
I flashed my phone because tmobile's software bricked it, the flashed rom makes the phone work fine, except it doesn't recognize the sim card.

Any way to fix this?
>>
>>51487673
install a boot loader on the disc.
>>
>>51489676
buy a long cable
>>
>>51487673
For a CD/DVD with WinPE/BartPE and some live Linux, I would use isolinux as the bootloader. Hirens Boot CD does something like this. You're not going to get a non-PE Windows to boot from a CD, at least without some weird copy-on-write or copy-all-to-RAMdisk setup.
>>
>>51489676
Buy one of those power-line adaptor
>>
>>51489676
Ethernet is the best, but if you can't run a wire and can't move it someplace you can run a wire, get a second router that has a wifi repeater mode. In this mode, all you need is an electric outlet and someplace to set it roughly halfway between the router and PC. You put it in repeater mode and connect it to your wifi. That's it -- it won't create a new AP, it'll just rebroadcast the signal from your main router. A laptop will even switch between them automatically without any disruption in connections if you move around the house.

Be sure you get a router that supports wifi repeater mode with the security type you're using. I've seen some ASUS ones that can only do it on WEP or open, no WPA2. Or something that can be flashed to DD-WRT since that has a working repeater mode.
>>
i am currently making something with visual studio.
(wpf written with c# and xaml)

Program not working so i threw down some breakpoints and ran it with the debugger,
program is pausing as it should at the marked lines
how do i get the debugger to execute the line and move on until the next breakpoint ?
>>
>>51495814
continue
>>
I want a monitor to put in portrait mode and will be buying a $50 VESA stand do to so

is

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025098

a good monitor for the price?
>>
>>51496042
It looks like a good price. But I don't see any mention of VESA mount compatibility, so that could foil your plans.
>>
>>51496116
I just don't know what to do anymore. All of the good monitors with pivot stands are like $170+ and I just don't want to spend that much and everything has some catch that ruins it. I just want something that I can put in portrait mode and read PDFs at university with.
>>
>>51496134
Either pay up,or lower your standards.
>>
>>51495939
i see it now, right where start was before running

...stareing me right in the face
>>
Want to build a low power server purely as a iscsi target.

I have a Celeron g1610t lying around too so just wanted to buy a cheap mobo with 6+ sata ports and get some HBAs for additional ports.

I don't think it's worth going the ecc route, would pretty much double the price.
>>
>>51496134
>>51496189
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JEUXKUY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_image_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

that's the least expensive monitor with a VESA stand at $170
>>
I just have one question. Blues or browns?
I play some games but mostly just type and code
>>
>>51496134
It's not as pretty and clean as a VESA mount on the monitor, but you can almost certainly work something out if you're clever. If the back of the monitor is reasonably sturdy and flat in the middle, you can probably take it off, drill holes where VESA mount holes belong, put a metal plate on the inside back for sturdiness and put bolts through that. Or remove the monitor's stand, bolt some wood onto the VESA stand, and rig something with some rubber-covered metal hooks like they use to hold some display items down in stores.
>>
>>51496240
or you could literally just save your lunch money for another week and buy >>51496231 instead of nigger rigging something like a vesa mount
>>
>>51496218
Sounds reasonable. I wouldn't go ECC either. Just get decent quality RAM and memtest the shit out of it. Bit errors are rare enough that it shouldn't cause issues. Turn up the DRAM refresh frequency a bit in BIOS if you're paranoid and want to sacrifice some performance for less chance of bit errors.

Also do you have ECC RAM in the machines that are going to connect to it for storage? If not, ECC in that one is near pointless.
>>
>>51496256
From the sound of it, the picture quality isn't as good.
>>
>>51496235
Blue switches are the best for typing, but typically too hard for gaming. Brown are a good compromise, with also the advantage of being the least noisy and easier to adapt from when coming from membrane keyboards.
>>
Why this won't work?

(if: 2 < $hours < 10)[ (set: $hoursAsWords to $hours) ]
>>
Where do I get LaTeX's source code?
>>
>>51496456
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=latex+source+code&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=6KhTVp6hIIbNmwXVvqfIDg
>>
>>51496450
What language is this? Usually you can't do 2 compares at once. Do like 2<$hours and $hours<10.
>>
>>51496482
All the pages talk about how to list your source code rather then Latex's source code.
>>
Any way to get the contents of a DirecTV DVR and stream/download them on my computer?
>>
>>51496520
java

thanks
>>
File: 1424740889899.jpg (69 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1424740889899.jpg
69 KB, 500x500
sup /g/ got a problem with my VDSL

>output power (Upstream/Downstream) [dBm]: -21,2 / 12,4

>Margin SN (Up/Down) [dB]: 4,6 / 11,4

it looks like my modem is taking a fat shit? I get frequent disconnections

What do? Have a rare Ukraine war pepe in exchange
>>
How the fuck do I find out what's making my Win7 system run like dogshit? If I don't open a program for about a minute, the next time I try to open one nothing happens for about 30 fucking seconds.
>>
I have two questions.

1. Is there any software or method that can scan a drive for images?

2. What's the best way to easily make an ftp server now that filezilla is a huge piece of shit?
>>
How customisable are word press themes? I need to build a classified ads website and was thinking of purchasing one and editing it to my needs. Is it better to get a functional PHP template and edit it?? I have basic html, css and javascript knowledge but no PHP knowledge pls help?
>>
>>51497255
Open Task Manager and Resource Monitor. See what goes high when it's being super slow. My suspicion is hard disk. If the drive queue length is high and read speed is low, you have either a dying drive or a lot of fragmentation.

>>51497278
>1. Is there any software or method that can scan a drive for images?
Windows 7/8/10: Browse to the root of the drive and put something like "*.jpg OR *.png" in the search box in the top right

>2. What's the best way to easily make an ftp server now that filezilla is a huge piece of shit?
Not sure what's best or easiest, but "Turn Windows features on or off" has "FTP Server" under "Internet Information Services", and there are any number of free 3rd party ones out there.
>>
>>51497405
There's no IO or CPU usage going on when the system's sitting there.
>>
>>51497278
>1. Is there any software or method that can scan a drive for images?
In linux, yes, windows I dont' know.

>>51497255
>my Win7 system run like dogshit
>Windows
found your problem.

>>51494332
mpd with ncmpcpp
>>
First year Java fag here.

Working on a rock paper scissors game for my class, but with one problem.

All of my JOptionPanes return a 1, 0, or null depending on what button is pressed. Except for this one:
int stillPlay = JOptionPane.showConfirmDialog(null, "Player: " + playerChoiceTemp + "\nComputer: " + computerChooseFull(computerChoice) + "\n\n" + whoWins(playerChoice, computerChoice) + "\n\nWould you like to play again?", "Rock Paper Scissors - Winner", JOptionPane.INFORMATION_MESSAGE);

It always returns a 0 no matter what option is pressed. Any anons know why? Can provide the entire source if needed.
>>
how can i add subtitle tracks in mpv?
>>
>>51497678
Information message just has an ok button right? There isn't a choice.
>>
>>51497678
JOptionPane.INFORMATION_MESSAGE just has an OK button right? There isn't a choice so it returns 0.
>>
>>51497858
>>51497880
I realize that now, added the YES_NO_OPTION and that fixed it right up.
>>
>>51497935
Glad you got it fixed.
>>
File: 83083fa22e.png (17 KB, 1303x271) Image search: [Google]
83083fa22e.png
17 KB, 1303x271
>>51497678
Same anon from here. Sorry if I'm being a bother.

How do I get the if statement to properly know the existence of the variables declared in the statTracker method?
>>
>>51498267
Fixed it, moved my methods around and everything is A-Okay.
>>
File: dafuq.png (160 KB, 1917x949) Image search: [Google]
dafuq.png
160 KB, 1917x949
i have the right hex code in but i still get this error message...pls halp
>>
>>51498927
"html" isn't an element. Perhaps you mean body?
>>
Kingston hyperX 1600mhz
vs
Corsair vengeance pro 2133mhz.
>>
>>51498990
Can your computer take 2133 MHz RAM? If so, get that. Also look at the CL values for both at the highest speed rating your mobo supports. Lower CL is better.
>>
Is this a good budget graphics card? I just want to play current games at a stable 60fps and my current graphics card can barely manage to keep 60fps on the lowest graphic settings in fallout 4.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZGF0VGC/ref=asc_df_B00ZGF0VGC4006588/?tag=hawk-future-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B00ZGF0VGC&linkCode=df0&ascsubtag=hawk-150802038-20
>>
Doing research on how to root my first android phone and I was wondering which ROM I should use on my S5? Do ROMs also affect performance on games and stuff?
>>
File: 1441239849788.png (23 KB, 158x203) Image search: [Google]
1441239849788.png
23 KB, 158x203
I bought a Pi 2 B and didn't think it through entirely.

Will a 5V, 2A, 10W PSU be able to power the Pi and an un-powered 2.5" HDD?
>>
Do you think the Apple Stores for the Black Friday will do a discount on unlocked iPhones?
>>
>>51499108
I wouldn't call that exactly budget, but it should do what you want.

>>51499210
ROMs do affect game performance -- the more cruft you have running in the background, the slower things will be. Kernel, cpufreq governors, scheduler, and driver versions have an effect too. I don't know about the S5 in particular since I don't have one.

>>51499227
That sounds like more than enough, given that a raspi will run off a 1A power supply, and a 2.5" HDD works fine with the USB bus-powered adapter cable I have (so ~500 mA). Even 2-5A sounds like it should be enough.
>>
>>51499240
>he actually wants to own a phone apple can remote brick if he doesn't use an authorized shop for repairs/replacement parts

laughinggirls.jpg
>>
I have a dual monitor setup and I want to be able to play a full screen vlc video on one but it won't let, it says its in full screen but the controls are there.
>>
How can I vnc into a second desktop on my windows machine when I only have a single monitor that serves as my htpc? I'd like to be able to vnc 'behind-the-scenes' while content is playing on the main screen.
>>
What is a good antivirus for linux?
>inb4 antivirus for linux

Not to scan for viruses in my linux partition, but the whole HDD for malware that could be in mg windows partition.
>>
I know it probably has a simple answer but I have always wondered.

What stops someone from burning a Xbox or Playstation disk?

I understand they are encrypted, but if you just read all the bits and write all the bits verbatim with the right laser should not the burned disk "fake" disk have the exact same data as the original? How would the hardware know the difference when it reads the disk? Even if there was some encryption key, it should have been copied as well.
>>
why are there two SQT threads?

I'm currently building a PC that's supposed to last for the next 5 years or so.

Should I buy the i5-6600K or i5-4690K?
>>
File: 1332731003088.jpg (106 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1332731003088.jpg
106 KB, 640x480
EnChroma Glasses legit or not?
[spoiler]Glasses that let colorblind people see colors that they can't normally see
>>
So, every night at 4:20 am my modem stops working and i have to reset it

i've noticed cause the meme hour

what could it be?
>>
File: 1435827267081.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
1435827267081.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2304
please r8/h8/but no bully my first mITX build
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NZRfwP

Seriously, though, how did I do? I'm basing off my build from lurking some of the mITX threads that are usually posted here. Ideally, would've wanted to get the NCase M1, but is it worth waiting until January to receive it when Newegg's having these crazy sales? I'm jumping the gun here with Black Friday and I'm not even sure how practical this build is going to be when I begin assembling her.

There's no debate on getting anything that isn't a mITX board. I just don't have the space in my apartment for it.

So yeah, this is mainly going to be my machine to fuck around with openGL/oculus and muh gaymen.
>>
>>51501980
A guess: 24 hour IP dynamic IP change by your internet provider. It usually starts working again on its own, not sure what's wrong with yours. Check the modem/router settings.
>>
>>51498927
>use the universal selector, "*"
Go poo in the loo, Sandeep.
>>
>>51502025
gonna check
think the 4:20 is coincidence? weed-fiend isp operator?
>>
Is having rows with lots of NULLs bad in a relational database? I'm making a insurance company database for school and there are 2 types of customers: private insurances and company insurances. I was wondering if I could just make 1 table for both types of customers that would have NULL values depending on which they were and had the customer type as an attribute.
>>
>>51502007
That's a very powerful CPU you have, given the graphics card you're buying.
You only have 500GB of storage. I'd look at buying a HDD as well.
Are you really going to buy parts from six different places?
>>
>>51502098
Suggestions on a different graphics card for around the same price? Got the graphics card on a whim and not sure whether to go with a 980.

I'm literally buying everything on Newegg, besides the 6700k. Microcenter has it for $70 cheaper than anywhere else I've seen so far.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/451883/Core_i7-6700K_40GHz_LGA_1151_Boxed_Processor
>>
I pretty much use a workstation laptop, if I want another monitor to plug in, is there any reason I shouldn't be buying a good one? eg. MG279Q /4K
I like to play games and need more screen real estate.
>>
If I my roommates and I made bought a homeserver, would there be anyway for us to keep our data private from each other using the same homeserver?
>>
>>51502157
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QH2qt6
Swapped out the i7 6700k to an i5 6600k, different graphics card (still not sure about this one), and added an HDD.

How'd I do?
>>
>>51502403
Other anon here.
>GTX 970
Get a Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
>EVGA 750W
I could be talking bullshit, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I think 650W is enough if you plan on overclocking.
>>
How can I concatenate multiple webm files with ffmpeg?

>They are different resolutions, I want to specify a target resolution for all of them to be resized to
>I don't want to preserve audio
>>
What is the best way to rename a bunch of files with batch file while keeping a part of the file name?
>>
>>51502644
rename -v 's/\.foo$/\.bar/' foo*
>>
>>51502711
Thanks will try that
>>
File: download.jpg (247 KB, 1600x1293) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
247 KB, 1600x1293
first build here and i have a few questions

any obvious problems with my build? bad parts, etc

if i dont give a fuck about front panel usb or 3.0 usb can i ignore the compatibility note?

is it worth it to get the SSD for booting?
>>
Are 4K LED monitors shit?

I heard IPS monitors are best
>>
File: sweaty fat man.jpg (7 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
sweaty fat man.jpg
7 KB, 259x195
My Intel i5 2500k CPU usually sits around 60-75ºc when it is doing something like playing vidya or rendering a video, but recently I now see it going around the 80-90º range whenever the computer is being used for more than just browsing the internet. I'm not doing in particular right and it still seems to sit around a fairly high temperature.

There's been no change of hardware, no notable software has been installed recently other than STALKER so I doubt I've collected more AIDS for Win7, the environment the computer sits in hasn't really changed, and no fans are failing as far as I can tell. It all seems rather sudden.

The only thing I haven't checked is the stock heatsink I use for it. What are some possible causes so I can narrow down the problem? I just don't want to kill the CPU by just casually playing something.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.