[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Phone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: windows-phone-concept-design.jpg (95 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
windows-phone-concept-design.jpg
95 KB, 600x450
Hello guys.
It's time for me to choose a new phone.
History time:
>year 2010 - get the newest iPhone 4
>it's awesome, amazing, great, basically a phone for stupid people to play angry birds
>Starting to dislike the limitations on it. only 0.99 cents and it's yours
>year 2012 - get the Lumia 820
>now this is a phone!
>torrents working smoothly, camera is amazing. Do whatever you want!
>year 2015 - lost Lumia 820, back to iPhone 4... no torrents, but the e-mail system works much much better.
>still has it's iPhone disadvantages but kinda really really like the e-mail system.

So. What phone should I be looking for?
Most of the time I use the phone as a device to e-mail with co-workers and to take pictures. Sometimes need to connect to laptop (no wire), for data management.

Do you have any advice which phone to get?

>pic semi-related
>>
>>51486632
Get another 820?
There's the 950 also if you're willing to get that.
>>
This sh*t thing with Lumia phone - was the e-mail system. did not load 'sent' messages. Only could see messages that were sent from that device.
Also has a huge lack of apps. Not that I care, just at some point, I was like: "well... I can't have this. Microsoft have not done it yet".
>>
Get a last year's android flagship.
I recommend
HTC m8
Xperia z2
Galaxy s5
>>
>>>/spg/
>>
Email system works fine for me on Android phones, don't have any experience with IPhone though so I can't say if it's better or worse. If you are looking for a really good camera you should check out the Note 5. Best smart phone camera in the market.
>>
>>51486900
Xperia looks quite nice
>>
Xiaomi.
>>
>>51487076
How flexible are they with apps?
Can it run Torrent on the phone?
>>
>>51487058
Z2 is a complete shit show. Has issues with randomly cracking glass and software issues out the ass. Also has a habit of randomly turning itself off and not turning back on unless you press the reboot button like most other Sony phones.
>>
>>51487051
Note 4 is already huge... How big the 5th?
size kinda also matters
>>
>>51486678
Windows phone have also an awful alarm clock!
I know... it is a phone, not your personal alarm clock to wake up in the morning. Yet you need it sometimes to wake up in the morning. But on windows phone it would just silence itself and if you do not wake up - your los
>>
>>51487099
Same size. You can always got for the S6 as well if you want it a bit smaller.
>>
>>51487114
Didn't know people used alarm clocks.
>>
>>51487095
Get a load of this got
>it works on my machine and my friends'
>>
>>51486632
If you have not already, try a lumia on windows 10. They changed a lot of shit and I think it's a lot better than windows 8. If you can't update yet, the apps on windows 10 (computer) are theoretically the same thing anyway.

Windows 10 mobile should be out really soon, like a couple weeks if it is not already out. My insider preview phone is on rtm.
>>
>>51487228
How much has changed? I thought windows 8.1 was good enough a mobile os minus the fact of NOAPPS
>>
File: wp_ss_20151123_0001.png (82 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151123_0001.png
82 KB, 720x1280
>>51487353
they unfucked the settings menu, they changed the email app, and they gave it pic related for the notification menu. They changed a lot of other little things but these are the most noticeable imo
>>
just go for lumia 950, everybody who showed their greatest android flagship 201X was utterly dissapointed with theirs "State of Art" smartphoney when after a year even though it has 9001 core Nvidia pro Tegra 860 CPU/GPU combo it's slow as shit

Since I started using WP android is dead to me

(also lasts longer)
>>
>>51487395
This screen, looks much better.
What phones will come out with win10 on them?
>>
>>51487897
I'm using Lumia 1320 with Win10 preview, and AFAIK almost all phones with Win 8.1 already on them will have Win 10 update
>>
>>51487915
this

The only phones coming with 10, I believe, are the *50 (950, 950xl, 550) series phones. Everything else currently on 8.1 will have an update.

I think some phones may require downloading the update on your computer and flashing it though. I don't think my 530 would be able to update otherwise since it has very little on board storage, unless they can download to sd now.
>>
File: _20151122_231603.jpg (62 KB, 732x789) Image search: [Google]
_20151122_231603.jpg
62 KB, 732x789
>>51486632
/thread
>>
>>51488179
you saying --> nexus phone?
>>
Fucking hell you neets never check the catalog

>>51481884
>>51481884

/spg/ - Smartphone General
>>
>>51486632
Check out the Zen Phone 2 (300$) from Asus im currently using it and its way better then my old galaxy s4
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.