[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommend me a cheapo motherboard with ddr4 for skylake, /g/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: z170-a-mate-msi-3.jpg (216 KB, 1277x922) Image search: [Google]
z170-a-mate-msi-3.jpg
216 KB, 1277x922
Recommend me a cheapo motherboard with ddr4 for skylake, /g/
I will finally upgrade my old and loved phenom 965, planning on buying i5-6500, since I won't probably overclock.
It's the one in the image good (msi 170a mate)? live in a shitworld country, and motherboards cost a lot here.
Thanks a lot
>>
Any help?
>>
Just stick with haswell for the time being mate. They are a better value. Skylake is overpriced and gives little to no performance benefit. Unless power saving is a must.

And for a good value motherboard check the sticky, but I'm in a good mood so check:

http://www.logicalincrements.com/
>>
>>51486295
Just look at motherboard within your budget. Look at features you need, audio hardware version, vrm phase (not important for locked i5), warranty, form factor and dual card support.
I recommend gigabyte and msi.
>>
>>51486399
And this.
You better go with haswell + ddr3 compared to skylake + ddr4 and spend the extra for gpu.
>>
>>51486490

Thing is I already have ddr4, because some friend that travelled to USA brang them for me

What would be 'vrm phase'?
>>51486399
I had already checked logicalincrements, ymit recommends asus pro gaming something, that is quite out of my budget
>>
>>51487200
Gigabyte Z170-HD3 look like solid board. The only small issue is not using latest realtek and no sli support. Try check the review if your ram supported.
No need to worry about vrm if you are not going to oc.
>>
Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H
>>
>>51486399
Haswell is not better value. It lacks a shit ton of features Z170 brings with it.
>>
>>51485963
The good thing about Intel boards that people overlook is that good ones tend to be cheap compared to good AMD ones. AMD is seen as being a lot cheaper than Intel, and that's true if you are just comparing cpus, but if you factor the MB into it the price gap between them shrinks a bit.

Also with Intel heat is less of an issue if you aren't overclocking. With AMD it's almost to the point that you need liquid cooling even if you aren't overclocking, and that drives cost on up even more.
>>
>>51486490

Thing is I already have ddr4, because some friend that travelled to USA brang them for me

What would be 'vrm phase'?
>>51486399
I had already checked logicalincrements, ymit recommends asus pro gaming something, that is quite out of my budget>>51488459

The MB people here recommended arent z170?
>>
>>51488793

Don't know why it repeated my last post, the only question is the last one
>>
>>51488793
Gigabyte Z170-HD3 only support DDR 3.
MSI Z170A PC MATE is good enough for budget build and have all the features.
>>
>>51488793
>go with haswell
>can't upgrade because dead socket
>enjoy paying out the ass when ddr3 becomes rare
>>
>>51485963
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157637&cm_re=Z170-_-13-157-637-_-Product
I got this. It's the lowest price and good rating.
>>
File: RAM-fallout.png (46 KB, 1299x936) Image search: [Google]
RAM-fallout.png
46 KB, 1299x936
well seeing the ram speed benchmark on fallout 4, if fallout 4 is a indicator of games to come, ram speeds are going to matter again.
>>
In the almost same situation as OP, upgrading from my old 960T Black Edition/6870 build

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/9wkhf7

Kinda curious about the mainboard, went with an H-chipset since im not gonna overclock

Are there any issues in having Skylake and DDR3? Kinda want the 6500 since its lower power consumption (from Germany, electricity is expensive here)
>>
>>51488459
Like what lol
>>
>>51487742
GIGABYTE GA-Z170-HD3P (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151

Is much better with full m.2 x4 support.
>>
>>51489964

Full what?

Thanks for all the responses, guys
>>
>all this m.2 spamming
New meme?
>>
>>51491823

What's that?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.